Defectors Watch

adrian lord

• 2 weeks later...

No Rooney in the squad tonight to bail them out too, typical Koeman in a Europa game showing no respect to the fans or the club in a must win game with his best players benched or out of the squad, screwed us with the same tactics against Midtjylland in that ill fated playoff game

Koeman is struggling a bit really isn't he? All that money, all those signings.........

You reap what you sow and he has spent alot of money signed some god awful players namely overated and over priced Keane in defence and in attack bargain basement Sandro Ramírez to replace the prolific goal scorer Lukaku, no surprises really

Simon Jordan on Sky Sports The Debate last night...

"Looking at him on the sidelines he looks dishevelled, he looks like he's put on weight, he looks unkept. He doesn't look like somebody that's in control of the situation.

"I think he's one of those who is quite adept at passing the blame and I know that he has quite a high opinion of himself."

I just don't think he sees management as a true discipline or life's work. The stories of him not coaching much and going to Portugal a lot are testament to that.

Whatever you think of Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp, Conte, Guardiola et al, management and tactics is an obsession to them and it's why they're at the top.

I just don't think he sees management as a true discipline or life's work. The stories of him not coaching much and going to Portugal a lot are testament to that.

Whatever you think of Mourinho, Pochettino, Klopp, Conte, Guardiola et al, management and tactics is an obsession to them and it's why they're at the top.

So, the question is, did Koeman just benefit from Pochettino's work and ride the crest of a wave? Would we have achieved the same results, or even better, whoever the manager was who succeeded Pochettino?

So, the question is, did Koeman just benefit from Pochettino's work and ride the crest of a wave? Would we have achieved the same results, or even better, whoever the manager was who succeeded Pochettino?

I remember Pochettino gave the press a nod to that effect during Koeman's first season, but you can't discount what Koeman did for us. Rebuilding half a team and improving on Pochettino's results doesn't happen by luck.

That said it's pretty clear that recruitment has been one of Everton's biggest problems and was one of our biggest strengths when he was here, particularly that first window. In both cases it's contributed hugely to what he's been able to do.

Edited by DuncanRG

Shocked :scared:

Has anyone checked on Glasgow as he must be in the depths of despair at the moment

I must admit I am missing the regular updates on how Everton are doing relative to us. They seem to have dried up this season for some unknown reason. Probably too busy updating his stock photo library I guess.

(and if that's not worthy of a textbook bite back from Glasgow I don't know what is ;) )

On that basis then Puel was suffering from Koeman's work and Pellegrino is now suffering from Puel's.

Yeah, kind of makes sense.

Everton have had a poor start to the season all things considered, but they have had arguably the toughest start to the campaign out of anyone (playing all but Liverpool from the 'big 6') and are still only 1 point behind us who has probably had the easiest (on paper of course).

Easy to gloat now, but I bet my house that they finish above us this season.

I'm sure Koeman is starting to feel the pressure and will be disappointed with how they have started. They failed to replace Lukaku and put all their eggs in the Giroud basket.

Everton have had a poor start to the season all things considered, but they have had arguably the toughest start to the campaign out of anyone (playing all but Liverpool from the 'big 6') and are still only 1 point behind us who has probably had the easiest (on paper of course).

Easy to gloat now, but I bet my house that they finish above us this season.

I'm sure Koeman is starting to feel the pressure and will be disappointed with how they have started. They failed to replace Lukaku and put all their eggs in the Giroud basket.

Excuses.....

Bet your house.... of course you will.... show us the betting slip....

Excuses.....

Bet your house.... of course you will.... show us the betting slip....

No excuses, Facts? Look at their fixture/Results list.

Figure of speech, not a betting man personally, but we shall see come the end of the season :)

Edited by SKD

Finishing above us was not the plan though was it. Finishing in top 6 was stated clearly by Moshiri in August.

So yes it is funny and enjoyable gloating. I hate that club

Oh and to all those saying they’ve had rough fixtures- they have looked ponderous and sh1te in every game - even against Cyprus’s finest. The worst start ever in europa league by an English club.

Edited by whelk

Finishing above us was not the plan though was it. Finishing in top 6 was stated clearly by Moshiri in August.

So yes it is funny and enjoyable gloating. I hate that club

Oh and to all those saying they’ve had rough fixtures- they have looked ponderous and sh1te in every game - even against Cyprus’s finest. The worst start ever in europa league by an English club.

Yet our targets / plan last season was to reach the later stages of the EL and then qualify for Europe again. We failed to do this, yet Puel was branded a Hero by some. I've even just seen someone call him a 'world class manager' :mcinnes:.

I agree that they have looked poor this season and actually I think that within the next 2 games, Koeman will be gone, probably rightly so given their start this season. I'm just warning don't get too cocky as you will probably (most likely IMO) end up with egg on your face.

Yet our targets / plan last season was to reach the later stages of the EL and then qualify for Europe again. We failed to do this, yet Puel was branded a Hero by some. I've even just seen someone call him a 'world class manager' :mcinnes:.

I agree that they have looked poor this season and actually I think that within the next 2 games, Koeman will be gone, probably rightly so given their start this season. I'm just warning don't get too cocky as you will probably (most likely IMO) end up with egg on your face.

Everton spent £250mi or something stupid if they finish above us that is why. They are still ****e.

No excuses, Facts? Look at their fixture/Results list.

Figure of speech, not a betting man personally, but we shall see come the end of the season :)

It only counts if they play fantastic football that leaves their fans excited every week. Otherwise league positions don’t matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk