Page 150 of 153 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,500 of 7606

Thread: Defectors Watch

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Walcott is crap, and has been for years.
    I've always believed he made a daft move, going to Arsenal when he did. As a 16 year old he was developing so well, playing regularly Championship football. Instead he jacked it in to go and sit on the bench and watch Henry, all misty eyed for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Fonte captained his Lille team to yet another victory today, winning 2-0 away to Guingamp, to keep them in 2nd place. They have won all eight of their games this year.

Fonte is having possibly the best season of his career and looks certain to be playing in the Champions League next season, as Lille are 12 points clear of the 4th placed team, so we might see him back in this country.
    He's probably having a season at a level where his age isn't too big of a handicap. Beating Guingamp 2-0 is probably comparable to beating Ipswich.

Default Defectors Watch

Great result for poch last night.
    Remember when a few on here said he would not last a season at Spurs and has no plan B

Fine manager there IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Remember when a few on here said he would not last a season at Spurs and has no plan B

Fine manager there IMO
    This classic Batman; statement followed by how this shows up some posters on here. You have been doing this for over a decade now, you need a new thing bruv.

This would be the same Batman that told us, week in, week out, how cr ap Pelle was? I think most people on here recognised at the time that he was a decent manager but also at the time, he did not have a plan B if his high press didn’t work. People learn and improve (apart from Batman it would appear) and that would seem to be the case with Pochettino. He still hasn’t won anything yet though

Default Defectors Watch

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    This would be the same Batman that told us, week in, week out, how cr ap Pelle was? I think most people on here recognised at the time that he was a decent manager but also at the time, he did not have a plan B if his high press didnít work. People learn and improve (apart from Batman it would appear) and that would seem to be the case with Pochettino. He still hasnít won anything yet though
    Canít get them all right.
    Most..... not all

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Fine manager there IMO
    What I recall some people here saying at the time he left was that Spurs' had hired him to get them into the top 4 and that he had no chance of achieving that. Now the goal posts have changed and they say he has to win the league or even the Champions' League or he is a failure. I liked him as a manager when he was here and I still do. Our owner's lack of ambition drove him away. I like our current manager too but the owners' lack of ambition will probably drive him away too. That really doesn't mean we should hate them for moving on. We should appreciate what they did in their time here and understand that talented people have ambitions too. If they hadn't done a good job here, they would have been sacked like the other managers have been recently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    This would be the same Batman that told us, week in, week out, how cr ap Pelle was? I think most people on here recognised at the time that he was a decent manager but also at the time, he did not have a plan B if his high press didn’t work. People learn and improve (apart from Batman it would appear) and that would seem to be the case with Pochettino. He still hasn’t won anything yet though
    Poch has made you look a bit silly soggy, though your support for Pellegrino doesn’t look too special either
    Last edited by shurlock; 14-02-2019 at 10:58 AM.

9. Default

Poch had lots of critics in his time here inc Lawrie Mac who hadn't heard of 'the young lad who doesn't speak English', most on this site thought his time with Spurs would be short before he got the push

10. Default

What I recall some people here saying at the time he left was that Spurs' had hired him to get them into the top 4 and that he had no chance of achieving that. Now the goal posts have changed and they say he has to win the league or even the Champions' League or he is a failure. I liked him as a manager when he was here and I still do. Our owner's lack of ambition drove him away. I like our current manager too but the owners' lack of ambition will probably drive him away too. That really doesn't mean we should hate them for moving on. We should appreciate what they did in their time here and understand that talented people have ambitions too. If they hadn't done a good job here, they would have been sacked like the other managers have been recently.
    Exactly! The number who will stay with us for a whole career are few and far between and always have been..Terry P, Nick Holmes, MLT even Mick Channon had a short spell away, and its the same with other clubs. So enjoy what you've got while you've got it and when they leave wish them well (I can't quite do that with the Liverpool gang)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Poch had lots of critics in his time here inc Lawrie Mac who hadn't heard of 'the young lad who doesn't speak English',
    This is disingenuous. Whilst itís true there was a lot of criticism of the initial appointment, including Lawrie, most on here, and most of the media which now fawn over him, to say he had a lot of critics isnít really true. It was not his ďtime hereĒ that attracted criticism, it was the sacking of Nigel and his initial appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sad to see that Sadio Mane had his house robbed whilst away playing for his new club.

Dont think this is the first time this has happened to ex Saints players/Manager in this city on the bay.

Much safer residing in Ocean Village, Winchester or other more salubrious areas in the south of this fair country!!

Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    Sad to see that Sadio Mane had his house robbed whilst away playing for his new club.

Dont think this is the first time this has happened to ex Saints players/Manager in this city on the bay.

Much safer residing in Ocean Village, Winchester or other more salubrious areas in the south of this fair country!!
    Err didn't Victor get burgled whilst playing a game for Saints ?

Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    Indeed he did:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...on-villa-kenya

Quote Originally Posted by Window Cleaner View Post
    Lovren is mane's neibour

16. Default

Sharp / J-Rod / Cranie / McGoldrick all in action in WBA v Sheff Utd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKsaint View Post
    Lovren is mane's neibour
    Good lad.

Sadio Mane and Virgil van Dijk each scored brace against Watford. No one remembers they were southampton players except us.

Quote Originally Posted by HKsaint View Post
    Sadio Mane and Virgil van Dijk each scored brace against Watford. No one remembers they were southampton players except us.... .
    .....including them.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    .....including them.
    you keep telling yourself that.

Hard seeing what is going on at Anfield. I am not saying "that could have been us", but certainly we would not be in half the mess we are if we had had someone other than Reed who stood up to them...

21. Default

If only we hadn't sold Alan Shearer ........

22. Default

Not so much a defector (but didn't want to start a new thread), but SISU are on the brink of getting Coventry expelled from the league which might make lead them to going out of business. Very sad, and one of Lowe's better decisions to refuse to sell to them.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...coh-Arena.html

Quote Originally Posted by East Kent Saint View Post
    If only we hadn't sold Alan Shearer ........
    We wouldn't have got Kerry Dixon and David Speedie.

24. Default

Safir TaÔdir just scored for Montreal impact vs San Jose.

25. Default

We wouldn't have got Kerry Dixon and David Speedie.
    And probably wouldn't have persevered with Iain Dowie and Paul Moody either.

That van Dyke was worth every penny that the dippers paid for him and then some.

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by adrian lord View Post
    That van Dyke was worth every penny that the dippers paid for him and then some.
    Indeed but also funny how deflated he was and saying Everton were celebrating the nil nil. Too right they were cos that scuppers the fckers title bid.

^ yep - I commented similarly in the 'other games thread'.

Not many better.

Lallana has been trending on twitter since the 0-0 draw with Everton. But hardly in the way he'd like.

Fonte led his Lille team to another 1-0 win today and they remain undefeated this year.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cc&oe=5D1249D7

Quote Originally Posted by Guan 2.0 View Post
    Lallana has been trending on twitter since the 0-0 draw with Everton. But hardly in the way he'd like.
    Very amusing. Apparently Klopp was match fixing by bringing on Lallana. Lol. He has been paid £12 million in wages since an assist or a goal.

Indeed he is but he`s going to win eff all there

Return to the Planet of the Apes?

"Bale only communicates with gestures"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47444043

35. Default

Return to the Planet of the Apes?

"Bale only communicates with gestures"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47444043
    Ah ha. When the going gets sticky, blame the foreigner.

36. Default

Too many people, and I'm not accusing you of it, think that we had some proprietorial rights over the bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Too many people, and I'm not accusing you of it, think that we had some proprietorial rights over the bloke.
    The funny thing is, our owners would have been gutted if he'd insisted on seeing out his career with us, as they just saw him as a commodity to be sold for a profit at the right moment. The only reason his sale was delayed until January was that Gao wouldn't let Kat sell him before he parted with his money to her. Of course, Old Les was very good at putting a PR spin on things like that.

Maybe it's because he's been there for 5 years and still hasn't bothered to learn Spanish.

39. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Maybe it's because he's been there for 5 years and still hasn't bothered to learn Spanish.
    Maybe, but if the Club aren't prepared for that, then they should be more circumspect with their signings. I saw Alexis Sanchez being interviewed on Sky or something the other day, and he speaks about as much English as Bale does Spanish. Aguero doesn't speak English either.

Maybe, but if the Club aren't prepared for that, then they should be more circumspect with their signings. I saw Alexis Sanchez being interviewed on Sky or something the other day, and he speaks about as much English as Bale does Spanish. Aguero doesn't speak English either.
    Itís just the club trying to paint him as a bad egg to mitigate fallout when they donít get a big fee for him this summer when he leaves

Yup goalie can't catch a cold, defender can't stop the goalie being threatened by the ball coming at him. Blame the quiet bloke who chooses to live a personal life away from football, preferring to play golf, he isn't the first player not to talk about work the moment he walks out of the "office".
    I can't believe after 6 years he doesn't speak any Spanish, if he was carp Real would have moved him on with ease, Sorry lads you are going to have to grow a pair and put a bit of effort in, now the bloke who shielded you for years has buggered off to Italy.

Poch turning into a big team whinging manager too now...

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...fair-advantage

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Yup goalie can't catch a cold, defender can't stop the goalie being threatened by the ball coming at him. Blame the quiet bloke who chooses to live a personal life away from football, preferring to play golf, he isn't the first player not to talk about work the moment he walks out of the "office".
    I can't believe after 6 years he doesn't speak any Spanish, if he was carp Real would have moved him on with ease, Sorry lads you are going to have to grow a pair and put a bit of effort in, now the bloke who shielded you for years has buggered off to Italy.
    This ! Why has his language only became a problem now they are struggling ?

Interesting, didn't know that about Sanchez and Aguero. Inexcusable that they haven't bothered to learn the language after all these years. They can afford to hire the best teacher if they need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    There's an interview on Youtube from 3 years ago and he's speaking decent Spanish so it's probably even better now.

Quote Originally Posted by OVER THE HILL View Post
    There's an interview on Youtube from 3 years ago and he's speaking decent Spanish so it's probably even better now.
    So Marcelo is telling porkies. Or maybe he (Marcelo) doesn't understand Spanish himself!

Full-back Marcelo told Spanish newspaper Marca that Bale does not speak Spanish and only communicates with gestures.

Just the two assists at the Bernabeu for Tadic so far tonight......

Sold for £10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Sold for £10m.
    Well done Les