Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Van Dijk has done an interview with the Times ahead of Sunday..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/virgil-van-dijk-ignoring-critics-over-75m-price-tag-gdbrxr7gn

“What can you do?” he said with a shrug of those broad shoulders. “Maybe they can boo the whole game. You can’t do anything about it. I made the decision. I have enjoyed every bit of it and I am very grateful for everything that they [southampton] did for me. I have moved on, they have moved on.

“I don’t know [what the reception will be like]. I know they are struggling and we need to win. I am going there with only one mindset and that is to win.”

Can you copy it all please here as you need to sign up to read the full article

and he doesn't know what the reception will be like ? thick idiot

I know the Times are cracking down on stuff like that because they want people to sign up etc. so at this time I won't do so.

That was the only vaguely Southampton related bit to be honest too. Rest of it talks about his career and Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/42996628?__twitter_impression=true

"Jay Rodriguez: West Brom striker charged over racist abuse allegation"

Surprising, didn’t get any hint of that during his time with Saints and he was with us a while. Clearly held his nose - but Costa did that to Ryan Shawcross so it has to be whatever was said. Could depend on whether any of the officials actually heard what it was.

Would like to know what was said as some things can get misconstrued. Also sounds like it’s one persons word against another unless it was overheard by an official.

I maybe wrong but I heard "get back your breath stinks" was taken for "you're black and you stink" ?

Unless they have conclusive evidence, I really fail to see how Rodriguez can be found guilty. Also, given Gaetan Bong's first language isn't English, it's very easy to see how he could have misheard. As someone who speaks a second language, it's very easy to get mixed up between words that sound very similar. Regional accents only enhance that problem (and J Rod does have quite a pronounced Burnley accent).

Unless they have conclusive evidence, I really fail to see how Rodriguez can be found guilty. Also, given Gaetan Bong's first language isn't English, it's very easy to see how he could have misheard. As someone who speaks a second language, it's very easy to get mixed up between words that sound very similar. Regional accents only enhance that problem (and J Rod does have quite a pronounced Burnley accent).
bit like the referee incident at Chelsea.

clattenburg?

I might be doing those that run the game a disservice, but it seems that they seem to come down on the side of the accuser when it comes to racism.

What can the FA do, both sides are adamant that something different was said so the FA can not make a judgement. So the case has to be heard by an independent body and the only way to do that is to charge JR.

What are all the cases you refer to where the authorities have pursued something they would not have, had the case not involved racism. What are you trying to infer. The FA completely cocked up the Aluko incident and this is the first one since then so they have to do it properly.

Guardian - 10 things to look out for....

1) Van Dijk faces the brickbats

Welcome back Virgil van Dijk ... no Southampton supporter will be saying when the centre-back strides onto the St Mary’s pitch on Sunday. The reception will be hostile and something the Dutchman will have to cope with as he continues to adjust to life as a Liverpool player. It’s been a rocky process for Van Dijk – following his Hollywood-esque debut against Everton there have been appearances in two defeats and a draw, with six goals conceded in the process. Van Dijk insists he can handle the pressure that comes with being the world’s most expensive defender and, despite the turmoil, he has generally impressed for Jürgen Klopp’s side. Now comes arguably Van Dijk’s most difficult test. Prosper amid the jeers and the 26-year-old may feel he has truly arrived at Anfield.

Pussy

Lallana's toes turn yellow after freezing match

Liverpool footballer Adam Lallana suffered an unusual post-match injury following a chilly game on the south coast.

The England international only played from the 79th minute, going on as a substitute*during the clash against Southampton, his old club, on Sunday afternoon.

But it appears his brief run around the St Mary's pitch wasn't enough to compensate for the time braving the cold in the stand.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBJ1h1V?m=en-gb

Pussy

Lallana's toes turn yellow after freezing match

Liverpool footballer Adam Lallana suffered an unusual post-match injury following a chilly game on the south coast.

The England international only played from the 79th minute, going on as a substitute*during the clash against Southampton, his old club, on Sunday afternoon.

But it appears his brief run around the St Mary's pitch wasn't enough to compensate for the time braving the cold in the stand.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBJ1h1V?m=en-gb

Looks like Renaud's disease.

Weird game. spurs are all. over them and missing chances. Kane misses a sitter... now scores

Spurs look way better than juventus

Massive let off on the stroke of HT with Juve missing that Penalty.

Spurs are the much better side though, Juve look threatening on the break.

Hull look absolutely shocking, 4-0 down to Chelsea at half time.... some seriously wanted Adkins to return :lol: proven to be an awful manager.

Were you expecting a bottom half Championship team to have a good chance against the reigning Premier League champions at home? Bit harsh to judge Adkins on this game in isolation. I think Hull may have rested a lot of players as well.

SKD's just trolling, best to ignore him.

Notice how he didn't make the same comment when his beloved Sam Allardyce was down 4-0 early on at Arsenal ;)

Not beloved at all. Do I think he would have kept us up? Yes, 100%. BFS has been there and done it, year after year. Which was my point back in November time - looking like I was right...

Adkins, other than with us (when we had an incredible squad and still didn’t win either league) has pretty much been ****e everywhere he’s been. I said he’d be poor at Hull and be gone within a maximum of 18 months - looking like I was right....

Were you expecting a bottom half Championship team to have a good chance against the reigning Premier League champions at home? Bit harsh to judge Adkins on this game in isolation. I think Hull may have rested a lot of players as well.

Not judging him on this game. Hull, having been in the PL last year, should put up more of a fight than they have tonight. Their form under Adkins has been generally poor as well.

Not beloved at all. Do I think he would have kept us up? Yes, 100%. BFS has been there and done it, year after year. Which was my point back in November time - looking like I was right...

Adkins, other than with us (when we had an incredible squad and still didn’t win either league) has pretty much been ****e everywhere he’s been. I said he’d be poor at Hull and be gone within a maximum of 18 months - looking like I was right....

The absolute worst sort of JCL fan.

Hull are another club stuck in the "club for sale doldrums" Owner wants out , no investment in players , sliding down the league etc It is unfair to judge Adkins on last nights performance as not only were 3 players on loan from Chelski , so not allowed to play but they have a long injury list of first team players .

Lol the "incredible" squad with De Ridder, Fox, Butterfield, Hoovield, Hammond, Kelvin, Guly, Barnard..I could go on naming the players that didn't make it in the premier league in that squad...it was a good team but don't kid yourself that we had a load of premier league quality players in league one and the championship.

I am an Adkins fan for what he, as I am for all those players I named above, did to give us some of the best times as a saints supporter...I couldn't give a crap what Adkins has done since then...he is still one of my favourite ever managers.

Lol the "incredible" squad with De Ridder, Fox, Butterfield, Hoovield, Hammond, Kelvin, Guly, Barnard..I could go on naming the players that didn't make it in the premier league in that squad...it was a good team but don't kid yourself that we had a load of premier league quality players in league one and the championship.

I am an Adkins fan for what he, as I am for all those players I named above, did to give us some of the best times as a saints supporter...I couldn't give a crap what Adkins has done since then...he is still one of my favourite ever managers.

Erm, kelvin Davis, puncheon, Schneiderlin, AOC, Lambert, sharp, Fonte. The fact is we had a number of players more than capable of playing in the prem and some actually really good players. Our team in terms of future internationals and multi million pound players was pretty incredible in the championship abd I love nigel but let's not pretend we didn't have sone remarkable players for the lower leagues.

Erm, kelvin Davis, puncheon, Schneiderlin, AOC, Lambert, sharp, Fonte. The fact is we had a number of players more than capable of playing in the prem and some actually really good players. Our team in terms of future internationals and multi million pound players was pretty incredible in the championship abd I love nigel but let's not pretend we didn't have sone remarkable players for the lower leagues.

Oh so it’s the players not the manager now? Recall a discussion very recently saying it’s the manager’s skill to get the best out of the players. Interesting that an incompetent got back to back promotions but guess it didn’t matter who was in charge really. It was the players that won it,

Oh so it’s the players not the manager now? Recall a discussion very recently saying it’s the manager’s skill to get the best out of the players. Interesting that an incompetent got back to back promotions but guess it didn’t matter who was in charge really. It was the players that won it,

:lol: its so confusing I'll just blame Eric Black...

Adkins underachieved greatly with the the whole set up at SFC at his disposal.

Scraping automatic promotion was the bare minimum we should’ve managed....and that is all he did.

Failing to win the titles was a travesty....and and down to poor management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adkins underachieved greatly with the the whole set up at SFC at his disposal.

Scraping automatic promotion was the bare minimum we should’ve managed....and that is all he did.

Failing to win the titles was a travesty....and and down to poor management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know how many teams have achieved back to back promotions from Division 1 and the Championship? It was quite an achievement.

Not saying we didn't have some good players but it wasn't the "incredible" squad some think..of those you mention...kelvin never really did it at the highest level..remember Sunderland? Puncheon is Ok but a palace bit part player.. Morgan's had a torrid time since he left, AOC was he even here in the championships? Sharpe hasn't played in the premier league has he? Fonte Lambert and Lallana are the three who probably made it..

I am not saying the squad wasn't good..it was a very competitive squad in both leagues, no doubt..however what position were we in with Pardew in charge when he was sacked and Adkins came in?

I just don't understand why some of our own fans have a downer on Adkins...