Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Fonte has been really really badly advised from a playing perspective, and the future that was stated that he could have at Staplewood after he hung his boots up. But then on the other hand, he has been very well advised with a higher wage, or was it similar, for longer. Will he be happy warming the bench and trotting out for League Cup games?

Fonte has been really really badly advised from a playing perspective, and the future that was stated that he could have at Staplewood after he hung his boots up. But then on the other hand, he has been very well advised with a higher wage, or was it similar, for longer. Will he be happy warming the bench and trotting out for League Cup games?
The modern day curse of the leeching agent.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Here is a video of the incident. Having to decide between giving a goal to one team or a penalty to the other... no pressure :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je4DfVSFFvs

Watching that raises two questions:

at what point is the ref notified of an incident/decision? I thought it was meant to be immediately but that looks like only when the ball next goes out of play.

what's all that wavy hands b0ll0cks (0.57 & 1.20) about ? Seems to be quite popular in Europe, remember Bremen fans doing it at St Marys a few years ago.

Also the ref is mere yards away at the time of the incident himself. Surely he can see it's a penalty from there. Weird.

Being Australian yourself you've been probably seen the same in our sports here. When you bring in video refs the on-field refs become a lot less likely to make a decision worried they might get it wrong. IMO the best implementation is to give each captain 1 incorrect review per match that they can call whenever.

Billy Sharp scored 30 in League One and continue to score in Championship. How many did Gallagher score?

What's your point? That we should have binned off Gallagher and brought Billy Sharp back to saints? should we get Lambert and Barnard back to because they've both scored more goals in the lower leagues than Sam Gallagher.....

• 2 weeks later...
Just goes to show you don't have to be very good to play in the Champions league if you pick the right team to play for...

That's very true. What is usually, half the teams in the qualifiers are pretty average? How many groups is that 8? So 16 average teams with say 24 out field players each.

That's very true. What is usually, half the teams in the qualifiers are pretty average? How many groups is that 8? So 16 average teams with say 24 out field players each.

funny though that when players want Champions league football so badly that aren't desperate to play for NK Mirabor, Hapoel or Celtic....

Of course he's playing well, it's summer.

He'll drop off or get injured around October/November time.

Keep believing that. IMO he is up there with any attacking midfielder in the PL.

Excellent goal record. £35m an absolute steal.

funny though that when players want Champions league football so badly that aren't desperate to play for NK Mirabor, Hapoel or Celtic....

Even funnier are the players who leave teams like those you mention (who are pretty much guaranteed to win their league, at least one cup each season and leave the Champions League football) to get a bigger salary in a more competitive league who then complain about not winning things and appearing in the Champions League.

Fair play to Koeman and Everton, building a very decent, young side there who IMO will push the top 4 and go a long way in the EL.

Can anyone blame him for jumping ship when he did? Given the benefit of hindsight, I think I would have done the same.

Fair play to Koeman and Everton, building a very decent, young side there who IMO will push the top 4 and go a long way in the EL.

Can anyone blame him for jumping ship when he did? Given the benefit of hindsight, I think I would have done the same.

Nothing stopping you I'm sure Everton would always welcome another paying customer...

CPFC not too keen on the prospect of Fonte coming back to them

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=168195&page=2

Shouldn't have listened to his agent. Mendes wasn't/isn't it? I'm sure the agent got well paid for the WHU move, but then I guess after football, they don't get paid when their clients take up coaching roles. Wasn't that the idea for Fonte before he burned his bridges at SFC?

Did well "pushing" the top four against Chelsea.... no shots on target apparently..... :lol:

I guess this opinion is controversial on here, but looking at how we are going backwards and no longer show any ambition - back to the "one in, one out" b*ll*cks - and how Everton do seem to be building a good squad, I think he's not far off the mark.

He is a fantastic striker at L1 and a great option in the Champ, it's a true pity he couldn't take his chance in the prem.

Don't think he was actually given a chance in the prem, least not with us. Always puzzled me that there were big question marks and doubts bouncing about whether SRL could make it in the Premier League. Billy Sharp like Rickie knew where the goal was and how to get the ball into it, yet we never even tried to find out if he was just as capable.

I guess this opinion is controversial on here, but looking at how we are going backwards and no longer show any ambition - back to the "one in, one out" b*ll*cks - and how Everton do seem to be building a good squad, I think he's not far off the mark.

Totally. He saw their ambition, and nothing matching it at saints. Fair play. Has also bought well barring Coco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think he was actually given a chance in the prem, least not with us. Always puzzled me that there were big question marks and doubts bouncing about whether SRL could make it in the Premier League. Billy Sharp like Rickie knew where the goal was and how to get the ball into it, yet we never even tried to find out if he was just as capable.

Lambert succeeded in the Premier League because of his movement and hold-up play as much as his finishing, if not more so. Sharp didn't have that, and I'm sure that was clear in training without having to play him.

I don't think anyone can begrudge Koeman's move now, looking at what they're doing, but the dishonesty still rankles.

Edited by DuncanRG

Each time Saints got promoted I thought Rickie lacked the pace for the next level only to be proved wrong ! Playing for England he was always moving into space but it was rarely spotted .

Koeman obviously wanted mega bucks to spend on players and he now has his wish so this is the season to judge his decision to move .

Each time Saints got promoted I thought Rickie lacked the pace for the next level only to be proved wrong ! Playing for England he was always moving into space but it was rarely spotted .

Koeman obviously wanted mega bucks to spend on players and he now has his wish so this is the season to judge his decision to move .

Koeman is starting to sound like vintage 'Arry after the Chelsea game he said he still needed another striker on top of what he has already got. I'm all for a bit of ambition but it all seems a bit kid in a sweet shop at the moment could work out great, of course, but sometimes to many signings can be damaging.

Koeman is starting to sound like vintage 'Arry after the Chelsea game he said he still needed another striker on top of what he has already got. I'm all for a bit of ambition but it all seems a bit kid in a sweet shop at the moment could work out great, of course, but sometimes to many signings can be damaging.

Another striker's not an unreasonable demand when you've sold Lukaku and only replaced him with an ageing Rooney imo.

I say, steady on there. When I said that I got crucified. But, I do agree. We ARE going backwards and we DO NOT have any Ambition

That's why Cortese, Pochettino, and Koeman left

Pity that others on here can't see it

Cue C B Fry etc etc etc

why should it be controversial?,after all this is a Southampton way of things that are happening .Yes we dont seem to be making plans to go further up the food chain than most on here think we should ,be were no mugs either with regard as to how everyone else around us is doing.