Defectors Watch

adrian lord

And those pushing these 'rumours' should be bloody ashamed of themselves. I hope that's the point you're making with this statement.

Haven't read the 'Two prem footballers to come out' story but pathetic titillation.

Mirror like to appear to be taking the enlightened viewpoint but not really as trying to build up suspense and encourage rumours.

The sooner more gay footballers come out the better. Then we can all get back on with the important stuff in our lives. It is 2015 and time this stuff became irrelevant but it will be a big deal as long as it is seen as something different. There are gay people in all walks of life and in every sport. Just because football is a "macho" sport (isn't rugby, and look at the players coming out there) doesn't mean anything. Being in the army or the police is a "macho" profession but there are plenty of gay people there. All gay footballers should come out together. It will be a big deal for 5 minutes and then we can all move on.

Don't disagree with the sentiment of your post SOG. But I also think the choice is down to the individual, and no one should feel pressurised about making a statement about their private lives if they don't want to, whether or not there's a greater benefit.

The more speculation, the more pressure.

I think this is the problem though - and I don't disagree about the choice being down to the individual. But as long as people don't "come out" they are saying there is something wrong. I can fully understand why people would want to keep their private life private. But I also see that it becomes gossip worthy when we make it hard for people to be who they are by not being open about who they are. We have a couple of guys who live down the road who are openly gay and there is no issue whatsoever. I am sure it would cause more of an issue if they pretended otherwise. People would then speculate and gossip. It is a shame that, in this day and age, it is still seen as being a big deal in football and that is why I think people should be brave and be up front about who they are.

There are gay people in all walks of life and in every sport. Just because football is a "macho" sport (isn't rugby, and look at the players coming out there) doesn't mean anything. Being in the army or the police is a "macho" profession but there are plenty of gay people there.

army, police, construction, bikers, native americans, in the navy

j/k

Adam Lallana gave us many enjoyable moments with his skills at St. Mary's. My only criticism was his powder puff shot on occasions.

Now I was thinking about this.....

In his last season with us, I would agree totally. I remember watching him and thinking WTF has happened here to get him to play like he is. That rather supposes that the 12/13 season he didn't set the world on fire - would that be fair to say?

I think yesterday we saw the Lallana from our first season back in the Prem, when he looked skillful on the ball but generally failed to deliver in terms of either a decent shot or a truly incisive pass. Lots of neat tapping it around just outside the box but basically all fart and no sh*t.

Lambert is pretty much the forgotten defector these days and is no playing the same role for West Brom he was at Liverpool. Yet to score in a competitive match and now spends most of the game keeping the bench warm. Weirdly there are still some who think HCDAJFU.

How's Artur getting on Irene?

All gone a little quiet. Shame. "She" was happy to dish it out but seemingly keeps a low profile now that "her" boy ain't doing so well.

Can we now add him to the list of goalkeepers that Kelvin is still better than?

I watched some of that game, and he had a complete shocker.

Artur Boruc: Committed errors to gift Spurs three of their goals. Poor throughout the evening as he took risks and failed to take easy catches. Fortunate not to give away a second penalty, too. A shockingly poor performance. (1/10) - SportsMole

Artur Boruc - Awful

You have to fear for Bournemouth and their hopes of staying up with Artur Boruc in goal. He followed up his gaffe against Watford with three more big errors here. He spreads nerves amongst his team and the crowd. - Mirror

• 2 weeks later...
Remember Martin O'Neil b*tching when we took Stephen O'Halloran on loan and didn't play him. Well he's currently playing for Salford City on BBC2.

That whole loan moved screamed promotional, due to the fact that Ireland U21's were playing England U21's at St Mary's.

That whole loan moved screamed promotional, due to the fact that Ireland U21's were playing England U21's at St Mary's.

That seemed to be the general consensus.

Speaking of England games at St Mary's, Alan Smith is also playing for Notts Co. Salford have just taken the lead.

^ Walcott out with a calf problem but he's looked really strong and powerful this season, on top of his long-held skills, operating at a real level above his previous work.

PS..

When you look at Arse's injury list on their website presently you have to wonder if the club are doing something wrong in training.

I was in the supermarket today, and needed some new deodorant. I used to have the Nivea one, but on the shelf, well, how could I resist between Brut 33 and Old Spice......

We're having a short break in Singapore our young taxi driver, who came across to England last year to see a couple of Liverhampton games, declared that last night they were 'crap' and finding that I held a Saints ST asked for his money back. God news travels!!

Lovren has put in another stellar performance, of a Jonah.

Funniest thing was, that when he came on, the co-commentator said something akin to him being "an excellent replacement". Now I am not sure who was co-commentating, but even the most die hard and biased Scouser would be hard pressed to call him excellent.

The natives are revolting (but at least see Lovren for what he is) http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/08/liverpool-fans-react-on-twitter-to-lovrens-performance-against-1/page/1/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I see Morgan remained stuck on the bench as United lose again. I wonder if (pay packet aside) he's having second thoughts about his move' date=' particularly if he continues to miss games and it starts to threaten his Euro 2016 chances.[/quote']

Perhaps we should put in a cheeky loan move request...

I see Morgan remained stuck on the bench as United lose again. I wonder if (pay packet aside) he's having second thoughts about his move' date=' particularly if he continues to miss games and it starts to threaten his Euro 2016 chances.[/quote']

The French also have the 'big club syndrome', exception being Moussa Sissoko and Cabaye really. Morgan, unless he gets injured will get into the squad with ease.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again Dejan Lovren is out with an injury in last nights Cup game..

What amuses me is to see Liverpool players dropping like flies due to Klopp's intense training methods yet our beloved Adam Lallana is thriving. Normally Lallana would be the first to drop. Very strange indeed.

Once again Dejan Lovren is out with an injury in last nights Cup game..

What amuses me is to see Liverpool players dropping like flies due to Klopp's intense training methods yet our beloved Adam Lallana is thriving. Normally Lallana would be the first to drop. Very strange indeed.

I think I heard dear old Adam has scored 1 goal in 28 games? Cost more than 12m as well :-)

I don't like the guy , but that's nonsense & Scouse friends of mine who go will tell you it's nonsense .

I live in the North-West and none of my Liverpool supporting mates are fans. They say he hangs onto the ball too long, is slow, and turns into traffic far too much as well. It's fair to say he hasn't done well at Liverpool.

I live in the North-West and none of my Liverpool supporting mates are fans. They say he hangs onto the ball too long' date=' is slow, and turns into traffic far too much as well. It's fair to say he hasn't done well at Liverpool.[/quote']

But surely they knew that before they bought him? Any one of us could have told them.