Defectors Watch

adrian lord

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Lovern will put in a similar performance on the 7th against us as he did yesterday.

Analysing the game for NBC Sports last night, Middlesbrough legend Robbie Mustoe scathed:

"Dejan Lovren is a liability. He was a big part of both goals conceded. He gambled and went in lazily for the goals, and was at fault for both".

Ex-Reds John Arne Riise and Jamie Carragher also joined in the barracking:

* Riise: "Lovren was poor on defending the ball in behind. The marking wasn't there in the box".

* Carra: “Lovren’s involvement in both goals—both times, he tries to knick the ball [and misses]. [He should] read the situation and know whether to dive in, and he got it wrong on both occasions.”

Difficult to impress when you get one appearance a month, but I thought he did well in the Europa League game to set up Shane Long and also in the MK Dons game.

I thought he was one of the few players who didn't impress against the Dons, which was when a lot of people began to have doubts about his suitability.

Difficult to impress when you get one appearance a month, but I thought he did well in the Europa League game to set up Shane Long and also in the MK Dons game.

Both of which were against championship/league 1 opposition. He looked utterly awful when given a chance and fully deserv d to be shipped out. Didn't do it her at alol which doesn't necessarily lead on to him being a good player but clearly wasn't up to the prem.

I went with a Man City friend to Wembley yesterday Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain had a fine game and was MOM.

Theo Walcott was an unused Sub and like most of our 'defectors' has not progressed to be a really top player but they have all earned obscene amounts of money and played before large crowds and I cannot blame them moving from St Mary's

I see Clyne is now being slated as not good enough on RAWK? I thought he had been decent for Liverpool?

Carraghar criticised him on Sky on Sunday , saying his final ball was sometimes poor. So it's probably a question of people hearing that and jumping on the bandwagon. It happens on here all the time, once a few idiots start it runs and runs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carraghar criticised him on Sky on Sunday , saying his final ball was sometimes poor. So it's probably a question of people hearing that and jumping on the bandwagon. It happens on here all the time, once a few idiots start it runs and runs .

I don't think the scouse have ever been too taken in by him, steady but nothing spectacular is generally what I've heard. His attacking play and final ball is somewhat frustrating in the games I've seen him play for them, but for 11-12m he's a pretty sound buy.

I don't think the scouse have ever been too taken in by him, steady but nothing spectacular is generally what I've heard. His attacking play and final ball is somewhat frustrating in the games I've seen him play for them, but for 11-12m he's a pretty sound buy.

The ones I know think he's been excellent, a 8/10 every week - a player who rarely, if ever gets beaten whose more limited attacking game was making progress before Mane got injured. They've spluttered for goals and CL qualifiication is under threat, so many scousers are just lashing out.

The ones I know think he's been excellent, a 8/10 every week - a player who rarely, if ever gets beaten whose more limited attacking game was making progress before Mane got injured. They've spluttered for goals and CL qualifiication is under threat, so many scousers are just lashing out.

Their annual disillusion is upon them. They just don't have the squad you need to make top 4 nowadays unless you can go a whole season à la Leicester with hardly any injuries. Liverpool do seem to get at least their fair share of mid to long term injuries. Coutinho, Henderson,Mané, Lallana must have or will miss at least 10 games this season I think.

Was outstanding today - never thought I'd say it but some of his passes were Pirloesque.

Oh pal... that is funny, he was good but pirloesque :lol: but go on exaggerate away

He had it easy as Arsenal had nothing to make him have to work to hard...

Wanyama was excellent yesterday, he was bursting forward with the ball and actually made a couple of forward passes to Kane! Can't say I remember him doing that too much.

Anyone can see that he is exactly what Arsenals midfield need/needed, yet Wenger is just stubborn. It must be so f**ing frustrating being an arsenal fan.

Wanyama was excellent yesterday, he was bursting forward with the ball and actually made a couple of forward passes to Kane! Can't say I remember him doing that too much.

Anyone can see that he is exactly what Arsenals midfield need/needed, yet Wenger is just stubborn. It must be so f**ing frustrating being an arsenal fan.

It's somewhat amazing that the guy who created one of the great central midfield's in Vieira / Petit is so blind to what they've lacked.

Always said Wanyama was better than Morgan, people laughed at the time, but it's really showing this season. The bloke is class, a player we really miss.

To think some used to say Cork was better :lol:

Always said Wanyama was better than Morgan, people laughed at the time, but it's really showing this season. The bloke is class, a player we really miss.

To think some used to say Cork was better :lol:

I don't think he is better than Morgan still. I think Morgan has been woefully mismanaged and had he been in Poch's Spurs team (or day i say it Klopps Liverpool team) we'd all be vindicated on saying how good he is.

Technically Morgan is a far better all round footballer than Wanyama and played correctly offers a hell of a lot more to the game than just the destroyer in the middle of the pitch that Wanyama does.

I don't think he is better than Morgan still. I think Morgan has been woefully mismanaged and had he been in Poch's Spurs team (or day i say it Klopps Liverpool team) we'd all be vindicated on saying how good he is.

Technically Morgan is a far better all round footballer than Wanyama and played correctly offers a hell of a lot more to the game than just the destroyer in the middle of the pitch that Wanyama does.

But imagine a team who can pair them both together in the same team.

Oh.

But imagine a team who can pair them both together in the same team.

Oh.

Remember 3 summers ago when we had Morgan, Wanyama, Fonte, Toby, Clyne, Mané and Pellè and people were talking about relegation. Them were funny days.

Meh! Fans of just about every club in England would kill to have had the stability and success they've had under Wenger. If they have to feel a bit of frustration and pain at having to slum it in Europa and finishing out side the top four, for a change, it will be good for them..

He bought Granit Xhaka for £20m more than Wanyama cost Spurs to do that job. Shrewd.

Meh! Fans of just about every club in England would kill to have had the stability and success they've had under Wenger. If they have to feel a bit of frustration and pain at having to slum it in Europa and finishing out side the top four, for a change, it will be good for them..

I used to really like Arsenal mainly cos if the brilliant football under Wenger. Don't like them now and think a lot to do with their supporters. Actually agree Wenger needs to go now but when they assume top 4 is so easy to achieve and moan they aren't winning the CL - this was when he had no way of competing with Chelsea and City financially as well.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39764470

Withering Mourinho sarcasm about Shaw.

What Mourinho says something that is picked up by the media so people aren't discussing how sh1t his team played? Never.

Poor things have to play lots and lots and lots of games and he can only spend £200m a year. How is he meant to cope?

From the BBC website.....

"Ronald Koeman: Everton boss vows to see out contract despite 'dreams' of Barcelona"

I'm sure that will make them much more confident.

hahaha

"I am very happy to be here. I started a contract with Southampton, and I like to respect my contract and the people." - January 2015

"I am the manager of Southampton, and I have the contract for two more years. I have to respect my contract, I like to respect my contract and I am very happy." - April 2015

I am very settled here. I have a contract with Southampton until the end of next season. What will happen after that nobody knows, but until that date I am the coach of Southampton." - September 2015

"I'm manager of Southampton. I like to be the manager of Southampton, I like to stay, and I have after thid season one year more, there's no way, no possibility." on leaving October 2015

"everyone knows I am very happy at Southampton, with one year left on my contract. I will continue in Southampton." - January 2016

"Yes, of course. I have a one year of my contract
" asked if he will be at Southampton next year - April 2016

"Yes" - when asked if his future was at St. Mary's amid rumors of Everton's interest. - May 2016

Spurs title hopes seem to have vanished in a puff of smoke tonight.

Jose Fonte was magnificent again. He was never fully appreciated by many Saints fans and certainly not by Les Reed (but who is apart from his latest signing?). But he is deservedly a reigning European champions and, for me, the best central defender and captain we ever had. I wish we'd kept him.

Poch's trophy cabinet.

ctc1_zps75a999eb.jpg

Looks similar to ours.... yet people still claim runners up in EFL cup is a success. Some of which are those that slate poch for not winning anything and coming runner up in the league :lol:

Looks similar to ours.... yet people still claim runners up in EFL cup is a success. Some of which are those that slate poch for not winning anything and coming runner up in the league :lol:

Better than claiming it is irrelevant and not being able to comprehend the level of club you support. Spending thousands going all over Europe.

Better than claiming it is irrelevant and not being able to comprehend the level of club you support. Spending thousands going all over Europe.

Not once have I said it is 'irrelevant'. In fact I said it's an achievement, but not a success. Also, what's your obsession of how many games I've been to? Bitter that your missus and/or carer won't let you out on a Saturday?

Not once have I said it is 'irrelevant'. In fact I said it's an achievement, but not a success. Also, what's your obsession of how many games I've been to? Bitter that your missus and/or carer won't let you out on a Saturday?

I just don't boast sunshine but sure I have done more games than you. Land and sea boy yet isn't renewing his ST this year? Nor are any of your (imaginery?) mates.

Given your proliferation of posts maybe you are just skint?

Didn't have any realistic chance anyway.

Maybe, maybe not. If they'd notched yet another three points, chelskis final burst might not have looked quite such a formality. One point ahead of a side which kept relentlessly winning? And had closed a pretty big gap? Reckon a spurs win last night would have messed with chelseas heads, possibly just enough to make a slip.