Defectors Watch

adrian lord

• 2 weeks later...
Always liked him in that amazing youth team we had. Good to see he's made a decent career for himself.

Yep, he was one that we released that made no sense at the time. Made the game look very easy, clearly a very good player. Glad he's done well.

Steve Davis misses pen for NI

Ex-Saints in Europe

Tadić scores a pen for Serbia. Perhaps, we should have him as our ex-Saints penalty taker, instead of Davis.

Fonte starts for his 42nd cap for Portugal. Could he win his third major trophy with Portugal? They certainly have a great spine: Rui Patricio - Fonte - C. Ronaldo

Not sure if we can call him an defector, but who remembers Jan Poortvliet? Nowadays Poortvliet is a postman in Eindhoven and coaches local amateur football club Nuenen.

Wow. He and his buddy Wotte were really the instigators of our possession football. I have memories of our team passing the ball around, retaining possession, without looking to score!

Not sure if we can call him an defector, but who remembers Jan Poortvliet? Nowadays Poortvliet is a postman in Eindhoven and coaches local amateur football club Nuenen.

I remember watching us play Derby off the park in one of his first games and thinking “**** me, this could be the start of something special”. I guess I was right in some ways, a special kind of crap!

I remember watching us play Derby off the park in one of his first games and thinking “**** me, this could be the start of something special”. I guess I was right in some ways, a special kind of crap!

Liverpool are tracking the progress of Brighton defender Ben White, who is currently earning rave reviews for his performances on loan at Leeds United in the Championship.

Brought his name up before. Centre-back released by us five years a go, snapped up by Brighton, while we kept hold of Jack Stephens.