Defectors Watch

adrian lord

For some reason unknown to anyone, Spurs are playing 2 friendlies this week before they play at 12:45 on Saturday.

Their first friendly was a 2-0 defeat to Real Madrid. They seem a little upset on their forums. I came across this post, and then thought it sounded so similar to our days under MP.

''Giving the ball away again, **** goalkeeping, nice strike. Lots of passing, no penetration or threat.

We need more threat up front, poor Kane isolated far too much at times.''

''Giving the ball away again, **** goalkeeping, nice strike. Lots of passing, no penetration or threat.

We need more threat up front, poor Lambo isolated far too much at times.''

Yeah, they've had a right mish-mash of fixtures haven't they?

Surprised they've only signed 3 players - They've sold a fair few fringe players & and told Townsend, Adebayor & Lennon they aren't wanted.

I saw a very smug Levy interviewed on SSN after they signed Toby saying they'll be much more active late on in the window (which I can't imagine Poch is too happy about)

Well, yeah. It's still funny watching them get worked up though. MP has no room for error this year.

Don't buy the 'no room for error' clichés. It's clear that MP has been given the job of cleaning out the stables and rebuilding the side, with a relatively limited budget (at least, compared to predecessors). He'll be judged first and foremost against that standard, not whether Spurs make top 4 next season.

Don't buy the 'no room for error' clichés. It's clear that MP has been given the job of cleaning out the stables and rebuilding the side, with a relatively limited budget (at least, compared to predecessors). He'll be judged first and foremost against that standard, not whether Spurs make top 4 next season.

Agree. No chance he will be fired by Christmas as the throwaway comment goes.

The Board may judge him by that standard. The fans may be less forgiving.

Morgan vs Toby at 12:45

Come on Morgan! I see Luke is also starting for Man Utd; their team looks pretty strong actually (despite the goalie and Smalling), wouldn't be surprised to see them up or near the top of the league. I expect we'll see a normal Spurs/Pochettino performance of running like mad to close people down, lots of pretty possession football and 1 or 0 goals. I'm going for a boring 1-0 to Man Utd.

Come on Morgan! I see Luke is also starting for Man Utd; their team looks pretty strong actually (despite the goalie and Smalling), wouldn't be surprised to see them up or near the top of the league. I expect we'll see a normal Spurs/Pochettino performance of running like mad to close people down, lots of pretty possession football and 1 or 0 goals. I'm going for a boring 1-0 to Man Utd.

Hope you popped down to Ladbrokes ;-)

I didn't think Toby was that good way to many over hit long balls and beaten in the air too often by Rooney, but he was comfortable in possession and made a good run at the end tho.

I was more impressed with lovrens first half of the season with us than I was with Toby last year, I do really rate Toby but he is replaceable.

The three ex-saints all played well; particularly Morgan and Toby, who are big losses for us.

Know what I'm over it we March on and all that. Just hope I don't have to put up with people pointing out what a big loss they are all ****ing season.........no doubt a comment that will appear frequently ever time we lose a game :rolleyes:

Know what I'm over it we March on and all that. Just hope I don't have to put up with people pointing out what a big loss they are all ****ing season.........no doubt a comment that will appear frequently ever time we lose a game :rolleyes:

Me too, I had completely forgotten about them.

Hope you popped down to Ladbrokes ;-)

I thought I'd be pushing my luck this week, I called the HT/FT and FT results correctly for both Saints/Vitesse matches and also got a correct score in the home leg, meaning I was £117 up on betting.

Damn it, I should have gone with my conviction on this one, haha.

I think 'Adz' is not going to be first choice this season.

Coutinho most certainly is, you would think Frimino will be.

Liverpool looked far more solid and fluid when Emre Can came in to the middle of the park.

oh well, im sure he loves it up there. Doing Nivea adverts and such like

I thought I'd be pushing my luck this week, I called the HT/FT and FT results correctly for both Saints/Vitesse matches and also got a correct score in the home leg, meaning I was £117 up on betting.

Damn it, I should have gone with my conviction on this one, haha.

Whack some of it on Lambo to score against Citeh tonight!

He's probably not really a defector, but thought this was the only place for these comments from Toby. Is he missing it here already? ;) (ok, minus morgan).

"At Southampton, Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin put good pressure on so [opponents] didn't have time to put the ball in the box; it makes it easier for defenders," he said."You have to play better because if you don't play football any more then they can put more pressure on you, get more guys in the box, and it's very difficult.

"Last season I didn't make one mistake. I want to prove myself here and so it feels bad for me to make a mistake in my first home game.

"I just wanted to catch the ball and if I stood behind him [stoke's Joselu] he couldn't do anything. It was stupid of me. Maybe if I didn't give the penalty away it's different."

He's probably not really a defector, but thought this was the only place for these comments from Toby. Is he missing it here already? ;) (ok, minus morgan).

He is as much as anyone else. Indicated to the club that he was happy to stay whilst intending to wait for a better offer.

He is as much as anyone else. Indicated to the club that he was happy to stay whilst intending to wait for a better offer.

This, and if his career floundered, then I am petty enough to say "good". He made his bed, he can lie in it (while being well remunerated).

• 2 weeks later...