Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Tadic is currently destroying real Madrid. Judged not good enough by our fan base of experts... Nothing to do with playing under incredibly defensive managers that didn't attack.

You mean like Koeman who repeatedly dropped him?

Why would an overseas player want to play for a small provincial club in England, that has struggled due to a **** poor owner, when he can go to his adopted home and play for one of Europe's big clubs (even if it is in a supposedly weaker league)? Do people think that as soon as an overseas player comes to Saints, that he will be here for ever more?

No one is saying he should have stayed....it's the criminally cheap price he went for that is the issue!

Was told it was written into his contract that he could move for the fixed price of 15million euro

To a champions league club?

That's the only explanation. I don't really get why we blatantly lied to the press about what we sold him for.

Tadic is currently destroying real Madrid. Judged not good enough by our fan base of experts... Nothing to do with playing under incredibly defensive managers that didn't attack.

I always enjoyed him. He and Gabby where my favourite players.

Even when Dusan he wasen't at his best, he always gave the opposition something to think about.

Since he left we are lacking that creativity. We don't have a player that can consistently play a through ball. He destroyed Madrid today with those beautiful passes.

Can’t help but love Ajax. Not earmarked for any super league but produce so many good players and great football over the years. Nice to see them back.

West Brom got more in tv money last season than Ajax generated in total.

Can’t help but love Ajax. Not earmarked for any super league but produce so many good players and great football over the years. Nice to see them back.

West Brom got more in tv money last season than Ajax generated in total.

Totally agree.

Man of the match and he's got to be one of the best midfielders in Europe this year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47442879

Pleased for him. Loved him when he was here, didn’t begrudge him a move although obviously being disappointed to see him go, and don’t even feel angry at the club for accepting such a low amount.

It’s the reminder of his replacement that’s painful.

Was told it was written into his contract that he could move for the fixed price of 15million euro
Correct and not to a premiership team
Which is pretty much true, in spite of the usual uninformed toilet spouted by many on here.
I like how this is being presented as a "ah, well, what can you do" excuse.

You realise that it was us that would have agreed to such retarded terms in the first place.

The point stands that we flogged him for a ridiculous price and he's made us look ever more stupid as his and our seasons have panned out.

Lastly, how come this release clause wasn't mentioned in the reports at the time?

Love the bit from the BBC

Tadic, almost unrecognisable from his Southampton days, produced a moment of excellence to set up Neres before seemingly putting the tie out of reach with a finish that epitomised his performance.

I was always a big Tadic fan but let's face it he rarely put in performances, like last night's, when he was with us. He is having a great season with Ajax, and good on him, but I think it's a stretch to suggest if we had kept him he would have been as good for us this season playing with our current squad. He had clearly become jaded here the change of scene, playing in a confident winning side, has obviously agreed with him.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I like how this is being presented as a "ah, well, what can you do" excuse.

You realise that it was us that would have agreed to such retarded terms in the first place.

The point stands that we flogged him for a ridiculous price and he's made us look ever more stupid as his and our seasons have panned out.

Lastly, how come this release clause wasn't mentioned in the reports at the time?

Get over it, you start to read like Glasgow.

Best of luck to Tadic and Ajax - a 4-1 win at Real is something special and it’s great to see them really competitive at the top level again. I think no-one begrudges him a bit, it’s the fact that the idiot duo then paid several million more for someone who has yet to have a good sixty seconds at the club. He’s not even had a few moments like Gaston let alone really strong first season like Dusan had before inconsistency set in (pace of the game suits Tadic better there). In fact there’s little evidence so far that he is any better than David Lee or Stuart Ripley.

The fact that only one of that duo has been sacked by the club rankles even more.

As it says he is unrecognisable from the player Saints fans knew, and were not too upset to see leave. About the only blistering performance we saw from him in the last couple of years akin to last night in Madrid was against Bournemouth last April, when he was subbed he received a stand ovation from pretty much SMS, coupled with quite a few comments from those sat around me of "I can't believe I am standing and applauding Tadic off the pitch".

In another interview he complained that he didn't enjoy the premier league because he got kicked too much every week. I can't recall any other foreign player making such a comment, but he qualified his comment that on the continent if you get the merest touch you get the foul: I guess he felt that the going down like you have shot by a sniper in the floodlights that he practised diligently every Wednesday afternoon was going to waste. Ralph might have gotten hold of him and squeezed a bit more out of him, but when Puel said he wanted to build the team round him, he needed grease for his ears to get through the door, when he didn't deliver the goods and Puel subbed or dropped him he got all narky, so Puel relented and persisted with him. Hughes wasn't going to take the same cobblers, which was probably the thin end of the wedge.

Fonte captains his Lille team to yet another victory. They continue undefeated this year and are almost guaranteed their place in the Champions League as they are now 10 points clear of Marseille. They've only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 games.

St Etienne 0 Lille 1

Fonte captains his Lille team to yet another victory. They continue undefeated this year and are almost guaranteed their place in the Champions League as they are now 10 points clear of Marseille. They've only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 games.

St Etienne 0 Lille 1

Nordic please only bump this thread when ex players are losing games, injured, miss a sitter, dropped or transfer listed.

Our forum experts decided Fonte was finished and Fonte doing superbly while our CBs are still decidedly fragile is making people look silly

Fonte was too slow for the prem , he resorted to hands on defending as the attacker sped past him . At WHU he was a very weak link in their defence and it was difficult to see where he could move to and play regularly. He has landed on his feet as part of a winning team so well done !

He will be remembered as a good defender at Saints but had to move as he ran out of steam !

Jay Rodriguez scored his 18th league goal of the season tonight. He may not be world class but how we could do with him right now.
Significant improvement from West Brom now they've made the decision to get rid of the out of his depth glorified caretaker they were stuttering under. I'm sure you agree.

VvD and Mane are world class players.

Question is, do we have a sell on % for them and clauses such as extra cash if they win the league/Champions League? I always wish the Dippers the worst but if them winning either financially rewards us, I may have to allay my hatred...

I think Real Madrid may be asking Liverpool to name their price for VvD in the summer. It will be interesting to see how many Liverpool players stay if they don't win anything (again) this season.
Madrid have got cash problems. Their big spending days are, if not over, likely to be downsized for a while. That's why they didn't replace Ronaldo in the summer - couldn't really afford to. The only signing they made was Courtois, who was a straight swap from Chelsea for the outstanding balance on the Morata deal the previous year.

They're not destitute, but with an enormous wage bill and an aging squad on the wane, they're facing some serious rebuilding on a much tighter budget than they're used to.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Question is, do we have a sell on % for them and clauses such as extra cash if they win the league/Champions League? I always wish the Dippers the worst but if them winning either financially rewards us, I may have to allay my hatred...

Ah good, you have raised the question the Liverpool fan in the office has just asked me. He wants to know if there are such clauses in the sale contracts of VVD, Mane, Lovren, Lallana? Genuine question, anyone know?

Ah good, you have raised the question the Liverpool fan in the office has just asked me. He wants to know if there are such clauses in the sale contracts of VVD, Mane, Lovren, Lallana? Genuine question, anyone know?

When they got to the final last year this question was asked and I'm pretty sure there aren't any bonuses for Saints in them winning the CL and this was clarified at the Liverpool end. PL win, that may be different and would be surprised if there weren't some clauses in there.

Question of whether as a fan you really object to them winning the league if so or whether you'd RH had a better summer kitty until the club gets an owner with the neccessary clout for our relative stature (not top 6, but better than most even with a poor 2 years).