Page 151 of 157 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,550 of 7809

Thread: Defectors Watch

Blog Entries

Great performance by ajax so far. Hope it doesn’t end in tears for them.

£10 million FFS

Right up there with Mane for £35 million in the ridiculously stupid stakes.

Tadic/Gabbi would be a good combo in the prem...
    Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    £10 million FFS

Almost as ridiculously stupid as the fans that used to give him abuse on a regular basis while he was here.

It's almost like a lot of supporters are a bit thick.

I’m bursting with pride on this great night for saints seeing 5 of our former players in the champions league. Really great to see it and testament to the strong roster we have and continue to have.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    £10 million FFS

Mane had 2 years left on his contract and this was before transfers went insane. Back when De Bruyne was 'only' £50m.

Tadic was 30 and wanted to leave. Nobody else would have bought him and Ajax couldn't afford any more. It was basically that or being stuck with an unhappy player, who had been below his best for a couple of years anyway.

Can't we just be pleased for him? He never acted like a tw*t when he wanted to leave and it was the right time for both parties to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Sold for £10m.
    And we replaced him with Elyounoussi for £15m. So we lost money on the deal and gained a make-a-wish tragic case.

That's some cracking wheeling and dealing...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I’m in a bar in Amsterdam watching them Vs Real. They love Tadic, and he has been brilliant tonight!
    Fingers crossed for the second half!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Mane had 2 years left on his contract and this was before transfers went insane. Back when De Bruyne was 'only' £50m.

Tadic was 30 and wanted to leave. Nobody else would have bought him and Ajax couldn't afford any more. It was basically that or being stuck with an unhappy player, who had been below his best for a couple of years anyway.

Can't we just be pleased for him? He never acted like a tw*t when he wanted to leave and it was the right time for both parties to move on.
    Ajax have almost 180 million euros in the bank. And that is before their sale of de Jong. I think they could afford a bit more.

In fairness he wanted to go to Ajax to finish his career, and owed us nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Well said.
    Why do our fans get so hissy with players who leave but have done Saints proud over their whole career with us?

The Mane sale was however badly negotiated. He went too cheaply.

12. Default

Why would an overseas player want to play for a small provincial club in England, that has struggled due to a **** poor owner, when he can go to his adopted home and play for one of Europe's big clubs (even if it is in a supposedly weaker league)? Do people think that as soon as an overseas player comes to Saints, that he will be here for ever more?

Quote Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
    The Mane sale was however badly negotiated. He went too cheaply.
    The same summer Man City bought Jesus for £27m, Gundogan for £20m and Sane for £37m. Chelsea bought Kante for £32m. Utd bought Mkhitaryan for £30m.

The Mane fee was comparable with any of those and as I said, he only had 2 years left on his contract.

Blog Entries

Tadic is currently destroying real Madrid. Judged not good enough by our fan base of experts... Nothing to do with playing under incredibly defensive managers that didn't attack.

15. Default

Hes scored

What a player we lost

Blog Entries

Never saw him instinctively take a shot on like that for us. Wow.

great strike, up to VAR to give it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    Tadic is currently destroying real Madrid. Judged not good enough by our fan base of experts... Nothing to do with playing under incredibly defensive managers that didn't attack.
    You mean like Koeman who repeatedly dropped him?

20. Default

Given. Bit of a surprise that as it looked out to me.

Tadic scores a beauty. 3-0 Ajax and well deserved

He never played with such freedom and confidence here, a clean start has done him the world of good.

Fantastic goal. So glad it stood - none of the angles conclusively proved that a mistake had been made, so they had to let it stand. But I'm still surprised Real didn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Need to see him miss a penalty to prove that it really is Dusan Tadic on the pitch tonight and not some random bloke wearing his shirt.

He left us to be able to have nights like this, and play in games like this. Don't begrudge him it one bit, he deserves it

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Hats off to Dusan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Never saw him instinctively take a shot on like that for us. Wow.
    His shots were generally disappointing, often like Lallana's. He got a huge number of assists under Koeman though, if I remember rightly.

28. Default

Real being destroyed

So is Bale getting the blame from the fans?

Very happy for Tadic to get a game like this in Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Why would an overseas player want to play for a small provincial club in England, that has struggled due to a **** poor owner, when he can go to his adopted home and play for one of Europe's big clubs (even if it is in a supposedly weaker league)? Do people think that as soon as an overseas player comes to Saints, that he will be here for ever more?
    No one is saying he should have stayed....it's the criminally cheap price he went for that is the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by warsash saint View Post
    No one is saying he should have stayed....it's the criminally cheap price he went for that is the issue!
    Was told it was written into his contract that he could move for the fixed price of 15million euro

33. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    Was told it was written into his contract that he could move for the fixed price of 15million euro
    To a champions league club?

That's the only explanation. I don't really get why we blatantly lied to the press about what we sold him for.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    To a champions league club?

That's the only explanation. I don't really get why we blatantly lied to the press about what we sold him for.
    Correct and not to a premiership team

35. Default

Which is pretty much true, in spite of the usual uninformed toilet spouted by many on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    I always enjoyed him. He and Gabby where my favourite players.
    Even when Dusan he wasen't at his best, he always gave the opposition something to think about.

Since he left we are lacking that creativity. We don't have a player that can consistently play a through ball. He destroyed Madrid today with those beautiful passes.

37. Default

Can’t help but love Ajax. Not earmarked for any super league but produce so many good players and great football over the years. Nice to see them back.

West Brom got more in tv money last season than Ajax generated in total.

The Guardian feed of the match finished with a tongue in cheek comment: "Tadic looked good, perhaps some premiership club should take a punt on him"..(I forget the exact words)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Can’t help but love Ajax. Not earmarked for any super league but produce so many good players and great football over the years. Nice to see them back.

West Brom got more in tv money last season than Ajax generated in total.
    Totally agree.

Man of the match and he's got to be one of the best midfielders in Europe this year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47442879

Another magnificent balls up by the club!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Man of the match and he's got to be one of the best midfielders in Europe this year:

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post

Pleased for him. Loved him when he was here, didn’t begrudge him a move although obviously being disappointed to see him go, and don’t even feel angry at the club for accepting such a low amount.

It’s the reminder of his replacement that’s painful.

43. Default

Correct and not to a premiership team
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    Which is pretty much true, in spite of the usual uninformed toilet spouted by many on here.
    I like how this is being presented as a "ah, well, what can you do" excuse.

You realise that it was us that would have agreed to such retarded terms in the first place.

The point stands that we flogged him for a ridiculous price and he's made us look ever more stupid as his and our seasons have panned out.

Lastly, how come this release clause wasn't mentioned in the reports at the time?

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Love the bit from the BBC

Tadic, almost unrecognisable from his Southampton days, produced a moment of excellence to set up Neres before seemingly putting the tie out of reach with a finish that epitomised his performance.

I was always a big Tadic fan but let's face it he rarely put in performances, like last night's, when he was with us. He is having a great season with Ajax, and good on him, but I think it's a stretch to suggest if we had kept him he would have been as good for us this season playing with our current squad. He had clearly become jaded here the change of scene, playing in a confident winning side, has obviously agreed with him.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    I like how this is being presented as a "ah, well, what can you do" excuse.

You realise that it was us that would have agreed to such retarded terms in the first place.

The point stands that we flogged him for a ridiculous price and he's made us look ever more stupid as his and our seasons have panned out.

Lastly, how come this release clause wasn't mentioned in the reports at the time?
    Get over it, you start to read like Glasgow.

Best of luck to Tadic and Ajax - a 4-1 win at Real is something special and it’s great to see them really competitive at the top level again. I think no-one begrudges him a bit, it’s the fact that the idiot duo then paid several million more for someone who has yet to have a good sixty seconds at the club. He’s not even had a few moments like Gaston let alone really strong first season like Dusan had before inconsistency set in (pace of the game suits Tadic better there). In fact there’s little evidence so far that he is any better than David Lee or Stuart Ripley.

The fact that only one of that duo has been sacked by the club rankles even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyenoord1908 View Post
    Can't say anyone was "delighted" to take 10m for Tadic. 99% would have rather we kept him for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyenoord1908 View Post
    As it says he is unrecognisable from the player Saints fans knew, and were not too upset to see leave. About the only blistering performance we saw from him in the last couple of years akin to last night in Madrid was against Bournemouth last April, when he was subbed he received a stand ovation from pretty much SMS, coupled with quite a few comments from those sat around me of "I can't believe I am standing and applauding Tadic off the pitch".
    In another interview he complained that he didn't enjoy the premier league because he got kicked too much every week. I can't recall any other foreign player making such a comment, but he qualified his comment that on the continent if you get the merest touch you get the foul: I guess he felt that the going down like you have shot by a sniper in the floodlights that he practised diligently every Wednesday afternoon was going to waste. Ralph might have gotten hold of him and squeezed a bit more out of him, but when Puel said he wanted to build the team round him, he needed grease for his ears to get through the door, when he didn't deliver the goods and Puel subbed or dropped him he got all narky, so Puel relented and persisted with him. Hughes wasn't going to take the same cobblers, which was probably the thin end of the wedge.

Fonte captains his Lille team to yet another victory. They continue undefeated this year and are almost guaranteed their place in the Champions League as they are now 10 points clear of Marseille. They've only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 games.

St Etienne 0 Lille 1