Luke Shaw training on his own

Ed Rooney

Jeff, I've really got under your skin, haven't i? :lol:

Believe or not, it doesn't feel good making a fool of you. So if you want to learn something, you might want to check my quick thoughts on the match -see I actually go to games.

No need to thank me - it's on the house :smug:

I'm a better fan than you klaxon!

So we've had the not answering my responses because you're wrong, changing the subject because you can't defend what you say and now the better fan accusation.

'Clutching at straws' bingo is going very well today :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Luke has been told to lose weight it will be the worst thing he can do. Both Pochettino and Hodgson told him he needs to beef himself up. Any additional weight needs to be turned to muscle to support his joints, hamstrings. Just losing weight would only end up with him turning into a cripple.

If Luke has been told to lose weight it will be the worst thing he can do. Both Pochettino and Hodgson told him he needs to beef himself up. Any additional weight needs to be turned to muscle to support his joints, hamstrings. Just losing weight would only end up with him turning into a cripple.

So we've had the not answering my responses because you're wrong, changing the subject because you can't defend what you say and now the better fan accusation.

I've defended my views - if you can't read DPS, so be it. Guess it is consistent with your meat-and-potato musical tastes.

Which questions? I don't have the time to trawl through your drivel, especially if it is on a different page from the current one. If it makes you feel any better sweetheart and you need some mongboard TLC, let me know what they are.

Needless to say, you'll be shown up yet again :lol:

Edited by shurlock

I've defended my views - if you can't read DPS, so be it. Guess it is consistent with your meat-and-potato musical tastes.

Which questions? I don't have the time to trawl through your drivel, especially if it is on a different page from the current one. If it makes you feel any better sweetheart and you need some mongboard TLC, let me know what they are.

Needless to say, you'll be shown up yet again :lol:

Edited by shurlock

I'm in the talentless camp. Oasis were clearly a crock of ****. Just because they were popular and sold loads of records doesn't mean their nasely ***** of a singer had any talent unless you define it as singing badly while acting like a **** then he had loads.

His hilariously crap clothing range is also testament to his lack of talent.

I've just been to Green Man festival where there were artists who have sold a tiny fraction of the records Oasis have but have more talent in their turds than Liam Gallagher.

I'm in the talentless camp. Oasis were clearly a crock of ****. Just because they were popular and sold loads of records doesn't mean their nasely ***** of a singer had any talent unless you define it as singing badly while acting like a **** then he had loads.

I've just been to Green Man festival where there were artists who have sold a tiny fraction of the records Oasis have but have more talent in their turds than Liam Gallagher.

Can't help but think that Luke is just making it worse for himself. The mirrors tweet was hardly inflammatory, yes no doubt it had undertones but Luke should have just left it for what it is.

He needs to realise he's playing for the biggest side in the world now, so he can't respond like that. Papers hold grudges. He's best to not get on the wrong side of them.

Can't help but think that Luke is just making it worse for himself. The mirrors tweet was hardly inflammatory, yes no doubt it had undertones but Luke should have just left it for what it is.

He needs to realise he's playing for the biggest side in the world now, so he can't respond like that. Papers hold grudges. He's best to not get on the wrong side of them.

I'm not a huge fan of Oasis. Difficult to get fully onboard if you've listened to the stuff they're trying to ape. The Beatles stuff was bad enough, but when they're nicking the riff off Stereophonics' Same Size Feet and calling it The Hindu Times, you've got to conclude that they're imitators rather than innovators.

I'm not a huge fan of Oasis. Difficult to get fully onboard if you've listened to the stuff they're trying to ape. The Beatles stuff was bad enough, but when they're nicking the riff off Stereophonics' Same Size Feet and calling it The Hindu Times, you've got to conclude that they're imitators rather than innovators.

It's like he's being used in a game of piggy in the middle between Jose and Van Gaal.

Its appears to be a statement to the Man U boardroom that van Gaal knows best when it comes to spending club money on transfers. I feel for Shaw, can't be doing his confidence any good.

Guess we wouldn't want him back on loan.... wages too high?

I think van Gaal won't last the season at this rate.

It's like he's being used in a game of piggy in the middle between Jose and Van Gaal.

Its appears to be a statement to the Man U boardroom that van Gaal knows best when it comes to spending club money on transfers. I feel for Shaw, can't be doing his confidence any good.

Guess we wouldn't want him back on loan.... wages too high?

I think van Gaal won't last the season at this rate.

Don't know why we should be grateful, we developed him since the age of 8, it's the very least he owed us.

do players that come through the academy then owe the club for training them? The club aren't doing youngsters a favour, they are developing players to save themselves large transfer fees to bring other players in.

Don't know why we should be grateful, we developed him since the age of 8, it's the very least he owed us.

do players that come through the academy then owe the club for training them? The club aren't doing youngsters a favour, they are developing players to save themselves large transfer fees to bring other players in.

Well the relationship should be mutually beneficial. What is the point in the club investing 10 years of time, resources, and money for a player to walk away from the club, the moment he is on the verge of the first-team? Shaw should be grateful to the club for honing his talent and giving him a massive opportunity in life. Why should the club be grateful to him for not walking away at the very first opportunity?

Edited by Toon Saint

Well the relationship should be mutually beneficial. What is the point in the club investing 10 years of time, resources, and money for a player to walk away from the club, the moment he is on the verge of the first-team? Shaw should be grateful to the club for honing his talent and giving him a massive opportunity in life. Why should the club be grateful to him for not walking away at the very first opportunity?

Edited by Toon Saint

The Academy does feel like a two-edged sword after this summer. There was that sense of pride when Saints had 5 Academy products on the pitch and 4 of them teenagers, but with three having gone the pride element feels flat when all those years of effort turn out just to be money, not a team. Can't see any alternative though because without selling people like Shaw, where else would the money come from to buy the foreign imports that we are coming to rely on like all the other Premier clubs. The irony is that instead of being stars here and standing out, Shaw is now a smaller fish in a bigger pool with a club that will bring other big fishes in so that he won't be guaranteed a regular starting place. Who is Manure's LB, is it some guy called Rojo? And as for our LB? Looks as good as Shaw but he isn't actually ours at all, so the pride element isn't quite there and there will be two games he's not allowed to play in.

how many players do we spend that sort of time on?

so many young players we actually buy from other clubs. When they are 15-16 years old

I can think of 30m reasons

how many players do we spend that sort of time on?

so many young players we actually buy from other clubs. When they are 15-16 years old

Sure MLG can give you that sort of information but off the top of my head: Turnbull, Sinclair, Reed, JWP, Shaw, Chambers, McQueen, Targett, McCarthy. Those that leave before their first pro-deal might have been affiliated with the club for 7-8 years, which is still a lot of time spent on training them.

I can think of 30m reasons

Yes, we got good money for him. But why are people grateful to Shaw for not walking away before his first pro-deal? We are at a low ebb if 17/18 year old academy prospects feel that they are doing the club a favour by staying put for a year or so, and that fans also view the relationship between club and player in such terms. Wasn't it supposed to be that our academy prospects 'self-police' themselves if they are thought to be getting too big for their boots. Pretty sad that in the case of Shaw he had to be convinced by others at the club (whether that was Les Reed/Cortese/or Lambert and Lallana) that it was in his best interests to stay for last season.

Edited by Toon Saint

Clearly not going well at the moment. In the land of the Mancs with 12 (?) league clubs within a 30 mile radius of the centre and the majority of the locals being City fans, he had better realise that every move he makes will be publicly scrutinised and reported. Where he could get away with one too many Nandos in Southampton he will not get away with it there. This is the price of £30m. I am not sure what impact the signing of Rojo (we now know why he did not want to sign for us) is going to have on his position.

Shaw will be fine longer-term at Man U but will learn from his mistakes at that age. LVG has a certain management style and I'm not sure I'd have handled Luke's integration process at Man Utd the way he did but Luke's still one of the most impressive players I've seen at that age and his quality will prevail. One thing he does need to watch is social media use - some of it has been daft and he got away with it to an extent at Saints. However, at a club with Man U's profile he won't.

• 2 weeks later...