Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

"The shields are up and the Klingons are shooting at us and every time they land a punch they are sapping our power.

"Of course we will listen to what the supporters have to say, but at the end of the day they support the club but they don't run it.

Lowe isn't THAT bad. A typical banker. He called me up and blew smoke up my backside, while trying to garner the proxied vote that I had. The thing people forget about him is that his intentions were good, even if he did love the limelight. And as he told me, he wasn't shooting ducks it was partridge. :)

Newcastle weren't broken up in any real sense. Nolan went to Wham. Enrique and Routledge weren't even there when they finished 5th.

Just Villa then ;)

Point is, if you get close to the top 7 clubs you will soon be halted as they have the financial muscle. Can go back even further and similar happened to Blackburn, Fulham and Bolton.

The top 7 sides will dominate the prem for the next 10-20 years imho. Only a breakaway euro league will change things.

If Newcastle really went for it, they could bump out Everton maybe Spurs but the rest are locked in longterm

Lowe isn't THAT bad. A typical banker. He called me up and blew smoke up my backside, while trying to garner the proxied vote that I had. The thing people forget about him is that his intentions were good, even if he did love the limelight. And as he told me, he wasn't shooting ducks it was partridge. :)

Believe me he was worse than anyone ever imagined and I knew him well.

F**k me - this is hard hitting, basically saying the board is taking the fans for mugs and the intention remains to sell up.

Supposedly Morgan could have left last summer for a big club but was promised that he could leave this summer in case a good offer came in.

http://www.hat-trick.fr/eclaircissements-a-propos-de-southampton-et-schneiderlin/

Edited by shurlock

F**k me - this is hard hitting, basically saying the board is taking the fans for mugs and the intention remains to sell up.

Supposedly Morgan could have left summer for a big club but was promised that he could leave this summer in case a good offer came in.

http://www.hat-trick.fr/eclaircissements-a-propos-de-southampton-et-schneiderlin/

no no no. there couldnt have been a big club in for him last summer, other wise, how on earth could we have ever stood in his way

What is the significance of that?

He moved out of his Ocean Village apartment yesterday, and his stuff has been put in storage. He was ready to start talking to Spurs, so I'm not having what Ralf said in that we never spoke with anyone regarding the sale.

It would appear that the club have shed the players they wanted to and are making a stand regarding the rest. It's a fight they simply cannot afford to lose.

I fear the odds for victory are insurmountable.

Kreuger's position will be untenable.

I agree with the sentiment that he was happy to sign a contract and has been well paid for doing so - he should honour that contract. Crikey I imagine - for example - when he negotiated his contract he could have taken 10K less a week and included a 10 million buy out clause.

However I like the guy and he seems to be of good character and I think we should (for now) cut him some slack regarding his reaction - we've probably all reacted badly in the past when we don't get our own way only to reflect later and regret it. If he has got any sense he will buckle down and do his job, maybe over the next few weeks/months (this is very optimistic) the new signings and the manager will change his mind about wanting to be here but if not then I am sure he will get a move in January - he just has to see the bigger picture and realise that at some point the madness had to stop and he just missed the last (I hope) train out of the station.

He moved out of his Ocean Village apartment yesterday, and his stuff has been put in storage. He was ready to start talking to Spurs, so I'm not having what Ralf said in that we never spoke with anyone regarding the sale.

I agree. That BBC journalist must have got his info from somewhere.

Just to throw this one out there, last summer Luis Suarez did pretty much the same.

He added: "I have the club's word and we have the written contract and we are happy to take this to the Premier League for them to decide the case but I do not want it to come to that.

"I don't feel betrayed [by Liverpool] but the club promised me something a year ago just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

"They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that. And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract. I’m not going to another club to hurt Liverpool."

"People may accuse me of showing a lack of loyalty but last season we told Liverpool there was interest from a top European club but they told me: We've got a new coach and we’re going to push for the Champions League'.

"I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: 'Stay another season, and you have my word if we don't make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave'.

"Liverpool is a club with a reputation for doing things the right way. I just want them to abide by the promises made last season. Some of [my team-mates] say to me: 'We cannot understand that if you have it signed that you can't leave'."

He then stayed, scored a bucket load of goals, and went to Barca for more than his asking price last year. Liverpool stood firm on it.

Crazy world we live in. Not just footballers. But today when something doesn't go our way we have the technology to react instantly, when driven purely by emotion which is always likely to be most effective way of losing objectivity. The feelings we have in the aftermath of an event are typically very different from our more rational thoughts just a few hours later. There must be countless relationships destroyed by email, txt, whatsapp etc allowing for on demand anger gratification. Back in the day of course you were often forced to 'sleep on it'. I know women often seem to engage on these facebook battles, but the sight of a grown man reacting like this is utterly pathetic.

Supposedly Morgan could have left last summer for a big club but was promised that he could leave this summer in case a good offer came in.

It seems the Board thinks we are truffles. Getting more confused by the minute.

I agree. That BBC journalist must have got his info from somewhere.

Ralph said he didn't speak to the people he met about Morgan. This might be technically true. That's the level we're dealing with.

And Chambers was ill.

Not sure what Morgan is on about re the 6 years destroyed in an hour tweet ?

Is he referring to the exodus of players , the radio interviews today or a meeting he had at the club with the board

Morgan should be more professional and not tweet such comments unless it's a fake Morgan account

But having read most of this thread , I guess it is a genuine account

His comments whatever he means are totally unprofessional

I feel pretty ****ed off tonight with his alleged comments

What an afternoon and early evening

Football is broken by greedy jumped up footballers

About time they realised it's us fans who are the real victims caused by their greed and their agents

Ps if batman is not dell days , then is he Alec bloody crook by any chance ?

Ralph said he didn't speak to the people he met about Morgan. This might be technically true. That's the level we're dealing with.

And Chambers was ill.

I agree. Semantics is just silly. OK we said that no players were technically for sale, but what does that matter if we are happy to sell them?

Cant help but wonder if Morgan was denied a move because we want to end thje sales, or because the offer was from Spurs.

Both, I reckon.

And I honestly don't belive Spurs can afford him. They spent all their dosh last summer, hence why any deals they do now include player swaps.

Have to say this sounds right and board are maybe trying to get Morgan to force a move and soften the backlash to the board when they sale him, he is obviously staying at hotel as Michael Vaughan has tweeted he has seen him. His bags were obviously packed but someone has cancelled his taxi

Can't see much wrong here.

Don't blame Morgan for wanting to triple his wages and play for a 'bigger' club - maybe Deschamps told him he needed to to get into the French starting 11. He's no doubt peed off that it may not happen.

However, can't blame the club either. Unlike the rest who've left, maybe we haven't had an offer we can't refuse and same for JRod. There are more articles out there praising Saints for getting top, top money for players than there are saying its a mess. Maybe now spurs will fork out the 30 mil each for JRod and Morgan.

Maybe Koeman has seen that we can replace the others but can't replace Morgan and JRod and said no more.

On the face of it, the only thing that is wrong with the club is that we didn't finish in the top 4 last season and yet had a load of players who made the world cup and have supposedly proven that they are top 4 players - that's why we've been offered silly money for them.

Morgan is history. He will never play for us again. He will be sold.

The time to be firm passed when Lallanna left. Another Boardroom **** up.

Morgan would've stayed if we'd invested all our transfer cash in players of note. We aren't going to do that either.

Krueger's no credibility. He's been shown to lack integrity already.

Why the feck would someone move out if the ink wasn't dried on the contract. Talk about stupid. Would anyone on here relocate if they didn't have a signed contract of employment.

Couple of things.....

1) Morgan moving out of his apartment.....very ****ing presumptive and naive isn't it? He's young I know, but you don't move out until you dot the i's and cross the t's. He may have been told this or that, but come on, lets not be naive about things. He would happily shaft everyone (as he is doing now) so that he can what he wants, so he should expect others to do it to him.

2) The French article. It's complete load of bollôx. It goes on about the PL being artificial and all about image, but fails to recognise that the players are the ones most responsible for that. Now I know he is having a go at SFC rather than MS (God forbid, patriotism rules OK).

Why the feck would someone move out if the ink wasn't dried on the contract. Talk about stupid. Would anyone on here relocate if they didn't have a signed contract of employment.

No. It's reminiscent of old Odemwinky who jumped the gun and drove down to Loftus Rd but the transfer never happened.