ITV news

Bucks Saint

Just had a "piece" on our Exodus. Warned that the Academy could close (thanks Rupert) and that the club could even fail. Could have been written by Ben Smith even if it was on ITV. Obviously a slow day for national news. Disgrace

Close? Has the UK run out of youfs?

The media are **** stirring because they know we are/have been a threat to the bigboys. This is unacceptable in there world of corruption and thus will do everything to dismantle such a threat. Look at David and Goliath, and we know who won in the end there...Keep the faith, all will be fine, we will have the last laugh-Mark my words

There was an ITV crew at Brighton last night seeking out fans for interviews. Were they included in the piece?

Yep. Said those fans (shot of the away section) were "fuming" about the sales. Then cut to one guy saying the players had shown no loyalty and were thus history. Woop

Where is the evidence that the academy could close?

Rupert Lowe provided an interview to talk sport this week, in which he said that the academy was a great facility, but Southampton had 'sold off' the facility. He was referring to the Lodge, where Bale/Theo etc grew up.

So the media have got hold of that, pulled it apart and made it sound like the entire Academy will close!!1111111111one (You usually only close something down when it's failing!) #goitv

Got no problem with accepting negative stuff, but that was a load of horse manure. ITV should really give up the football malarkey.

Ive not actually read it, but does seem a running theme at the moment. Can bet your house on anything negative being labelled immediately as crap and anything positive as guaranteed truth.

Fact is, truth is likely to be somewhere in the middle. Obviously the training ground will not close, we've just spent 30m on it. But to say there isnt an issue at the club is dillusional (though we are now moving out of it)

My prediction is that ITV goes out of business before the Saints when advertisers finally cotton on to the fact that we fast forward their adverts.

so fuk you itv

It's already happening. It's why people pay big bucks to sponsor shows but pay very little to advertise in between parts.

Didn't see it. But there is most certainly a threat that their predictions will come true.

Owner who could be pocketing sales money and looking to sell up

CEO AWOL - reportedly off selling the club

Little integrity from our board

No players in yet

£72m not yet spent

Unhappy star players

Mass desertion.

ITV are on to something.

But.... They've forgotten we have Koeman :)

Didn't see it. But there is most certainly a threat that their predictions will come true.

Owner who could be pocketing sales money and looking to sell up

CEO AWOL - reportedly off selling the club

Little integrity from our board

No players in yet

£72m not yet spent

Unhappy star players

Mass desertion.

ITV are on to something.

But.... They've forgotten we have Koeman :)

You keep going on about the 72m or whatever as some sort of demand ''we have to spend it all''. We won't.

lol I saw that. A completely unresearched, and unsubstantiated load of bull****.

It seemed a bit of an "and finally .." type feature for minor interest/amusement rather than any serious reporting of news or something different on the topic.

Cortese working overtime last couple of days!!

Perhaps he has the same agent as Rupert ?

Seems Rupert is back in demand for his "rent a quote" pieces on us. Hope he is enjoying the limelight again.

Ive not actually read it, but does seem a running theme at the moment. Can bet your house on anything negative being labelled immediately as crap and anything positive as guaranteed truth.

Fact is, truth is likely to be somewhere in the middle. Obviously the training ground will not close, we've just spent 30m on it. But to say there isnt an issue at the club is dillusional (though we are now moving out of it)

Problem is our board and their total misguided management and failure have left us wide open to to these accusations. In which case it's up to the board to show that we are not in crisis. I hope they can do it but I seriously doubt it to be honest - they are truly clueless and have dug a huge hole through ineptitude.

I hope they can dig their way out of course but - can they? As for 'branding ' do me a favour !!!! Do what you have done and then go off to the USA on a 'brand promotion ' trip !!!!!!

It beggars belief, our board are having a laugh... Unbelievable - you reap what you sew ....

Rank poor handling of the whole situation. Please don't go of on some jolly again and pretend you are 'brand building ' we are not total idiots!!!!! I hope the tax man doesn't buy that either or I will book a brand building trip to Barbados tomorrow to promote my brand!!!!

Total lunacy !!!!

You keep going on about the 72m or whatever as some sort of demand ''we have to spend it all''. We won't.

Then what's the point of selling?

I know we won't. Our Board are liars. Our owner may be pocketing the spoils.

Krueger goes on about judgement day being 1 Sep. if we spend £72m we can say the Board didn't lie when they said Koeman would have all the cash from sales. We can say the ambition is there.

I doubt it will happen too. And - to be fair - if most of it is spent and there's a little in reserve for January then so be it. But frankly, I don't trust our owner or Boards ambition to match ours.

Then what's the point of selling?

I know we won't. Our Board are liars. Our owner may be pocketing the spoils.

Krueger goes on about judgement day being 1 Sep. if we spend £72m we can say the Board didn't lie when they said Koeman would have all the cash from sales. We can say the ambition is there.

I doubt it will happen too. And - to be fair - if most of it is spent and there's a little in reserve for January then so be it. But frankly, I don't trust our owner or Boards ambition to match ours.

Money from sales will be paid to the club over the next 2 years or more, so if KL is selling up Southampton FC we will still be getting money from the clubs who have paid vast sums of money for these players for the next 2-3 years, if she sell next summer. 20 mill at least still to come in. Stop looking for problems bowing to the media and enjoy the ride FFS

Saint Robbie - you really are a tiresome numpty. Moan, whinge, whine is all you ever do. So we haven't signed any players this summer? Really - what were Tadic, Pelle and Bertrand with at least another 3 to come?

Did you not see View From The Top's post where Chambers and Shaw had 'big club' clauses written in so we were powerless? And who gave those contracts? None other than your messiah Cortese.

Everyone praises the Academy for producing top talent, and it has lately, but where was it in our CCC relegation season when we actually decided to trust it?

Seriously? I understand you can't have a gem or two every year, but it seems to me slightly coincidental that when we really trusted it, it wasn't fully there.

Maybe just me. (Intox) What worries me is we've flogged the jewels and are now relying on it again, with Isgrove (whom from people on here gets mixed reviews) leading the way.

Are the next crop as good as the last crop? If so there's no reason to change it.

Just read that back and it sounds more like a whinge than it should've been.

Anywho, for those that know, can Targett, Isgrove, Sims et al do what their predecessors have done?

Hard to know but this time last year I can honestly say I had no idea what a talent Chambers was. One way to find out and Koeman not afraid to trust in youth..

Still feeble pr1cks like that robbie clown will be crying unless we get more Osvaldo types.

So in a thread that only mentions the ITV story about the sale of the academy and where there is not one mention of whether there is a problem at the club. You pick people up for rubbishing the story with the hackneyed line of 'if its negative it must be rubbish'. So on here we can only critically discuss positive news, is that right. So a story that is put out by one outlet alone and is a **** article can't be called a **** article. Even an article you haven't seen.

There is no theme occurring there is a lot of acceptance of the negative summaries of our club at the moment. Also it appears that you have come up with the negative/rubbish correlation all by yourself when Turkish and Delldays have been pointing it out for years.

The whole club and us the fans need to close ranks and get behind the team. What's done is done. We need a bunker mentality now this season and lets show those revelling in our apparent implosion that we are not about to go away. The lads coming through the Academy now will make Shaw, Lallana and Chambers look like chumps before long.

So in a thread that only mentions the ITV story about the sale of the academy and where there is not one mention of whether there is a problem at the club. You pick people up for rubbishing the story with the hackneyed line of 'if its negative it must be rubbish'. So on here we can only critically discuss positive news, is that right. So a story that is put out by one outlet alone and is a **** article can't be called a **** article. Even an article you haven't seen.

There is no theme occurring there is a lot of acceptance of the negative summaries of our club at the moment. Also it appears that you have come up with the negative/rubbish correlation all by yourself when Turkish and Delldays have been pointing it out for years.

Think you have missed my point a tad pal. Generally the media and especially an outlet like itv news are going to at the very least check the legititimacy of their stories.

There are plenty on here from both sides of the arguement, both positive and negative that are happy to grab one and completely dismiss the other from their agenda spectrum. Personally Im trying to piece things together from what I hear in the media, what I hear from staplewood and what I read on here. I dont see the point of needlessly attempting to cling to one area of info. From what I have pieced together the boardroom has struggled to keep up with the changes that have occured since the dwarf dissapeared, they could have handled situations better and now are slowly exiting the other side.

There are still issues there, but I agree, unless something seriously sinister is going on we wont be selling the training ground

Dont see why not, it would be massively contraversial and I cant remember a situation like it but there is no rules against the purchase of a facility as far as Im aware

And have it run as a separate free for all entity I suppose. Can't see it happening really. Don't really understand the item at all. Presume there's no real evidence of any change

happening, just more wild speculation. Of course the new owner could be anti academy for some reason or other, then again I'm a couple of quid short for buying the club.