Dodgy seams !! LOL !!

JonnyOldBoy

Rather than start a new thread retrieved this from the murky depths.

Being a very lucky boy and getting 2 home shirts for my Birthday (there you go nicely set up for the jokers) I went to the megastore and swapped one for an away shirt. I said that I would take a 4xl as they were "the largest you do". "Oh no says the young lady we have 5xl too!". As I tried it on she said new stock was coming soon and that they are considering going up to 7XL because they came in much smaller than expected!! She then said that even she needed a 2XL they were so small, looking at her you thought, who the hell test drove them before signing off the order?!

When I got home and gave Mrs JBS a twirl we discovered that XL means Extra Long, still I ain't going to get a cold bum this winter!! :D

Being a very lucky boy and getting 2 home shirts for my Birthday (there you go nicely set up for the jokers) I went to the megastore and swapped one for an away shirt. I said that I would take a 4xl as they were "the largest you do". "Oh no says the young lady we have 5xl too!". As I tried it on she said new stock was coming soon and that they are considering going up to 7XL because they came in much smaller than expected!! She then said that even she needed a 2XL they were so small, looking at her you thought, who the hell test drove them before signing off the order?!

When I got home and gave Mrs JBS a twirl we discovered that XL means Extra Long, still I ain't going to get a cold bum this winter!! :D

Do you often dress up for your good lady in football shirts? Is it 'one of those outfits'?

If I may ask, what size were you in last year's shirt?

• 2 weeks later...

Just done a compare between the new away shirt and the old 'pin-stripe' Umbro home shirt - quite simply, on the pin-strip, there is, in effect, an additional panel of material, about 2" or so wide, running down each side of the shirt that is 'missing' on the new shirt and it is this that gives the extra roominess that is missing with the new kit. New kit is longer though.

Maybe something missing/omitted/forgotten from the new design?

Sorry, but don't you guys go at least 1 if not 2 sizes bigger so you can put the shirt over some warmer clothing in winter?

I do for sure but even though I'm now down to a XL from a 2XL, I'll still likely go for a 3XL - after all, it's not a firkin fashion show!

My red home shirt from two years ago is a Large, Last years is an XL. this year I've sent back the XL(it was too small) and ordered a XXL. And I am the same size and have not changes and the other 2 shirts still fit fine.