Dodgy seams !! LOL !!

JonnyOldBoy

I supposed many have noticed this already but all the training-wear t-shirts have been over stretched prior to the badge being applied hence the material has puckered around the badge making the garment look cheap and badly made. Also the team shirts have been made with incredibly poor seam stitching using loose loop rather than tighter double loops. The reason I am stating this ? Simple,,,, those that claimed our stuff was being made in the same factories ( sweat-shops they said ) as branded stuff like Adidas, Puma and Nike are talking nonsense. These have not been made in factories with the same quality control and quality assembly processes.

At the Brighton game, both Wanyama and Fonte split their shorts down the crotch. Wanyama changed his shorts at half time. Fonte's wardrobe malfunction happened in the 2nd half and he manly played on without a change of kit. Was the thing the two girls I was with were most excited about in the entire math.

At the Brighton game, both Wanyama and Fonte split their shorts down the crotch. Wanyama changed his shorts at half time. Fonte's wardrobe malfunction happened in the 2nd half and he manly played on without a change of kit. Was the thing the two girls I was with were most excited about in the entire math.

Can be a boring subject tbh.

Sums it up well.

All the sizes are wrong too for all the gear my son and I tried on yesterday, including first team shirts, jackets, tracksuits

If you usually have medium you need large, large XL etc. a young adult would probably be a Small

I'm not being funny, but the shirts are made for ultra lean footballers. These players are superb athletes, generally, with a minute amount of body fat.

Most football fans are not lean. So do you want to see loads of men and women looking like a fat f*cking mess in their normal size, or do you want them to buy a size (or 3) bigger to hide the rolls?

I'm not being funny, but the shirts are made for ultra lean footballers. These players are superb athletes, generally, with a minute amount of body fat.

Most football fans are not lean. So do you want to see loads of men and women looking like a fat f*cking mess in their normal size, or do you want them to buy a size (or 3) bigger to hide the rolls?

Quite. The average proffesional sportsman has between 6-10% body fat, the average man 18-24%, I'd guess the Average shirt wearing football fan runs at about 35%.

Quite. The average proffesional sportsman has between 6-10% body fat, the average man 18-24%, I'd guess the Average shirt wearing football fan runs at about 35%.

Seeing the actions of Lallana and Lovren and the knee jerk reaction of Morgan, I'd say some footballers have more than 35% Fat .... it's just that they don't test the area betwen the ears for it :(

I'm sorry the kit on sale at the shop is for supporters not players and compared to sizes of past kit and what you'll find in most clothes shops the gear is a least one size out

I'm sorry the kit on sale at the shop is for supporters not players and compared to sizes of past kit and what you'll find in most clothes shops the gear is a least one size out

people will presumably buy the size that fits them though, why anyone would want to be seen in public in a replica football shirt beats all intelligence known to the human race though. Replica shirts distort football, the more knobs that you have following you on a global basis the more you can spend on salaries and transfer fees. Beckham's transfer to Real was entirely funded by shirt sales.

Edited by Window Cleaner

people will presumably buy the size that fits them though, why anyone would want to be seen in public in a replica football shirt beats all intelligence known to the human race though. Replica shirts distort football, the more knobs that you have following you on a global basis the more you can spend on salaries and transfer fees. Beckham's transfer to Real was entirely funded by shirt sales.

My initial post was to warn people about the problems regards sizes

many supporters order online and should be made aware of the incorrect sizing, i know of one supporter in London who already needs to change his shirt due to this issue

and my post was not a dig at the club, they made the best of a situation after Cortese sh@t on them with regards the contract... my point was that those claiming the shirts were as good as branded ones were talking utter bollux... ( is that common on here ? ) ;-)

and my post was not a dig at the club, they made the best of a situation after Cortese sh@t on them with regards the contract... my point was that those claiming the shirts were as good as branded ones were talking utter bollux... ( is that common on here ? ) ;-)

Can ou really see Cortese signing off on this kit really. I mean he made a big enough fuss about branded kit, he probably wouldn't have this stuff as cleaning rags tbh.

they are all probably like the shirts when you wash them at 32° or so, all rosy.

LOL. If you're buying XXL, it's because you're XXL, not because the shop is "one size out".

Really? Well youre wrong. Im a big lad, I need 2xl. This years kit is so poor even the 3xl doesnt fit. So its £45 the club have lost out on from me. Probably a LOL for you but for a business that apparently wants to up its commercial revenue making a mistake that stops your core customers buying from you is pretty ****ing un LOL if you ask me.

Really? Well youre wrong. Im a big lad, I need 2xl. This years kit is so poor even the 3xl doesnt fit. So its £45 the club have lost out on from me. Probably a LOL for you but for a business that apparently wants to up its commercial revenue making a mistake that stops your core customers buying from you is pretty ****ing un LOL if you ask me.

Just seen a report on the world's most populous football game between Utd and Real yesterday. 103000+ knobbers in Utd,Barcelona and Real shirts and we come out with this

monstrosity which even some of our shirt buying fans don't seem to want.

An estimate of the production costs EuroSaint ?

Read what I wrote earlier and don't take it out of context, spanner.

In fact, I'll put it here in case you can't be bothered to scroll up;

"I'm not being funny, but the shirts are made for ultra lean footballers. These players are superb athletes, generally, with a minute amount of body fat.

Most football fans are not lean. So do you want to see loads of men and women looking like a fat f*cking mess in their normal size, or do you want them to buy a size (or 3) bigger to hide the rolls?"

Additionally, the online store tells you the chest size you need to fit the chest. But if you look at the design of the shirt as it is DESIGNED FOR ULTRA LEAN FOOTBALLERS, it is a very slim fit tailoring. Ergo, if you want something to hang lose over your belly, you need to go with a bigger size.

It's not rocket science, nor is it a rouse to make more money. FFS!

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Lol no they're f#cking not, you can't even retain 6% body fat unless you're on clen or something. They'd be in the 10-15% range. It's just fat average joes who're like "herp derp he's got abs he must be 2%bf"

Hmmm ...

"Body fat percentage for your top professional soccer player is typically below 10%"

Sorry, but don't you guys go at least 1 if not 2 sizes bigger so you can put the shirt over some warmer clothing in winter?

I do for sure but even though I'm now down to a XL from a 2XL, I'll still likely go for a 3XL - after all, it's not a firkin fashion show!

LOL. If you're buying XXL, it's because you're XXL, not because the shop is "one size out".

No, it's because the sizes are all AT LEAST one size out. I bought last year's home shirt when it went to £15 6 weeks ago, that was a large. I haven't gone up 3 sizes in 6 weeks, the sizes are basically complete b011ocks.

No, it's because the sizes are all AT LEAST one size out. I bought last year's home shirt when it went to £15 6 weeks ago, that was a large. I haven't gone up 3 sizes in 6 weeks, the sizes are basically complete b011ocks.

FFS, can't you read either? Look at the quote that was applied to ("most clothes shops the gear is a least one size out")and read the other post I made. Jesus f**king christ.

FFS, can't you read either? Look at the quote that was applied to ("most clothes shops the gear is a least one size out")and read the other post I made. Jesus f**king christ.

Yeah, what you've done there is quoted part of a sentence without the rest of it that gives it the context, and so have changed his meaning.

What he wrote was "compared to [...] what you'll find in most clothes shops the gear is a least one size out". He is clearly saying the Saints range is out of line with most other shops.

Yeah, what you've done there is quoted part of a sentence without the rest of it that gives it the context, and so have changed his meaning.

What he wrote was "compared to [...] what you'll find in most clothes shops the gear is a least one size out". He is clearly saying the Saints range is out of line with most other shops.

Thank you for explaining where the confusion arises, now that makes sense. Although I still stand by my other post (that, so what, it's for skinny blokes unlike most of us so you buy bigger - it doesn't matter).

But sleep deprivation f**king sucks.

I have never ever had a 4xl before in my life and the one I got for my Birthday is quite cozy, better steer well clear of the pies for the next 10 months!!

Didn't youhave a few issues with pies last season? When will you learn.

The own brand kit was always going to be rubbish and it looks like it is turning out as expected! We had years of this rubbish with the 's' brand and I finally thought we had it sorted only for us to step back into the dark ages!

I find that a replica 'bobble hat' and a wooly scarfe is enough to show the away fans who you support. Both can be worn at winter and keep you warm as you pour out oxtail soup from you red and white chequered thermos. For the Cup games it is worth buying a club rosette and a rattle can also increase the enjoyment of the occasion.

A size can NOT be out as there is NO industry standard for what a size needs to be. A Medium or Large is simply where it lies in that manufacturers range of sizes, and they vary from make to make. The size in inches (which is at least 2" smaller per size than many makes) is clearly stated on the website, far more relevant than M or L. The variations between a slim fit style and a loose baggy fit exaggerates the difference even more.

I own a men's clothes shop and know full well that there are certain brands I always need to tell customers to try a size smaller or bigger than they expect. Doesn't mean their sizes are out, it's just how their traditional ranges fit. If you wear a Medium Ben Sherman shirt you'll be wanting a Large, (probably an XL unless you still want it to look a slim fit) to be comfortable in a Lambretta for example. Personally even in the long distant past as a teenager I always had to by a size bigger in Umbro polo shirts than brands to be comfortable aand needed XXL in tha sash shirt when L or XL was my normal size. With trainers I know I always need a half or full size bigger in adidas than other makes.

I bet there's very few on here that if you check your wardrobe will find every top that fits you has the same size in the label (unless you are dedicated to one particular brand).

A size can NOT be out as there is NO industry standard for what a size needs to be. A Medium or Large is simply where it lies in that manufacturers range of sizes, and they vary from make to make. The size in inches (which is at least 2" smaller per size than many makes) is clearly stated on the website, far more relevant than M or L. The variations between a slim fit style and a loose baggy fit exaggerates the difference even more.

I own a men's clothes shop and know full well that there are certain brands I always need to tell customers to try a size smaller or bigger than they expect. Doesn't mean their sizes are out, it's just how their traditional ranges fit. If you wear a Medium Ben Sherman shirt you'll be wanting a Large, (probably an XL unless you still want it to look a slim fit) to be comfortable in a Lambretta for example. Personally even in the long distant past as a teenager I always had to by a size bigger in Umbro polo shirts than brands to be comfortable aand needed XXL in tha sash shirt when L or XL was my normal size. With trainers I know I always need a half or full size bigger in adidas than other makes.

I bet there's very few on here that if you check your wardrobe will find every top that fits you has the same size in the label (unless you are dedicated to one particular brand).

Well maybe Saints should have considered this before ordering loads of XLs and not enough XXLs because the size on the garment is 1 or 2 different to what people would expect?

FWIW I found the sash shirt size exactly what I'd expect - they were, *ahem* "Tailored By Umbro", after all, and most of Umbro's shirts at that time used chest measurement in inches not S/M/L/XL categories (though not for Saints).