Help with my nippers first home game

sussexsaint

Blooded my 11 year old at the Brighton game and he absolutely fell in love with it. Up until then he hadn't shown much of an interest and our weekends are usually such that we couldn't get to matches even if we wanted to. However thanks to holidays we will be able to get to the WBA game.

He rather enjoyed having a good sing along so we'd like to stand somewhere where it isn't deathly silent for the match.

He is also desperate to meet what remains of our squad, sure I've read on here where people go to get autographs pre game - can someone kindly remind me of place and time please.

Any help in cementing another life long Saint much appreciated

I would recommend the corner of the Northam and Kingsland stands. Not the full force of the Northam but loud enough to enjoy the atmosphere. Also you can access it from the Kingsland concourses rather then the Northam end so if the little lad is after some half time refreshment you will be able to get served in more reasonable time.

I was at the WBA home game in Jan this year. Me and my 13 year old daughter arrived at the stadium about 10.30 when the players started arriving at the players entrence. There was a small group of fans there - about 50 so the whole squad took their time signing stuff and taking photos etc. So we now have a Swedish flag at home with full squad + Mopo´s signature - shame these players are not around anymore....

Back in the early days of St Mary’s my nipper used to stand near to the club shop – around about 75mins before kick-off, as I recall – and get the players autographs as they walked across from the car park. He used to love spotting the different cars they owned. Don’t know if it’s the same these days.

My season ticket is in the Kingsland/Northam corner block 37 and I would agree it is a great place for kids. You get the atmosphere from the Northam and can hear the singing. However just be aware that if you get tickets too far back people tend to stand and if your boy is not very big he may not have a good view. I sit in row S and I would say people stay sat down up to about row Z.

I would recommend the corner of the Northam and Kingsland stands. Not the full force of the Northam but loud enough to enjoy the atmosphere. Also you can access it from the Kingsland concourses rather then the Northam end so if the little lad is after some half time refreshment you will be able to get served in more reasonable time.

I would agree, the Northam/Kingsland corner is probably my favourite part of the ground, for me it has the best atmosphere whilst also being suitable for children. The view is pretty decent too, as with anywhere in SMS.

I am not too sure how busy it is these days, but me and my brother used to wait around after the game by the fencing with the away coach at the front of the stadium and some players would start to make their way out from the main reception to sign autographs, pose for photos etc. They usually came out about half an hour after the game. Although it could be a bit of a squeeze, try and get to the corner on the far left near the stadium as that was usually the point they would all pass as they left. I have quite a few signatures from waiting there, although it has been at least 6 years since I last did that.

I would agree, the Northam/Kingsland corner is probably my favourite part of the ground, for me it has the best atmosphere whilst also being suitable for children. The view is pretty decent too, as with anywhere in SMS.

I am not too sure how busy it is these days, but me and my brother used to wait around after the game by the fencing with the away coach at the front of the stadium and some players would start to make their way out from the main reception to sign autographs, pose for photos etc. They usually came out about half an hour after the game. Although it could be a bit of a squeeze, try and get to the corner on the far left near the stadium as that was usually the point they would all pass as they left. I have quite a few signatures from waiting there, although it has been at least 6 years since I last did that.

For the past two seasons Saints players have entered and leave the ground via an entrance at Chapel End used by Saints Foundation I've been told by my son who sometimes stays behind to get autographs

regarding getting Saints players autographs it depends on what time you can get to the game. If its particularly early then I'd suggest standing outside Celtic Park, but if you tend to arrive late then Anfield might be a better bet.

regarding getting Saints players autographs it depends on what time you can get to the game. If its particularly early then I'd suggest standing outside Celtic Park, but if you tend to arrive late then Anfield might be a better bet.

:lol:

:D

Not told him about the forum and his bed is bone dry. Hearing him scream out 'Iiiiiiiiinnn thhhaaaaaaat nuuumber' was one of the best moments ever. He's never been a massive sports fan but he was just buzzing about it for days afterwards. Had to point out we won't score 3 every time he sees us play, also had to have a little chat about 'football language' and 'language you use in front of your mum' .

The corner of Kingsland/Northam it will be then. I'll get him there as early as needed to get autographs as we are coming all the way from Sussex anyway.

Thanks for all the advice so far :)

Sussex

I share your pleasure of taking you lad to his first game .i did the same with mine when we were at the dell. And then my nephews at SMS

It's a fantastic feeling seeing the youngsters get excited going to their first match and then joining in with OWTSGMI chants

Edited by Viking Warrior

Tickets bought :)

what sort of time would we have to get there for the 3pm kick off for autographs do you think?

Kicks off at 5pm. Only know because I checked earlier. Had presumed it was 3pm myself.

Before the Man Utd game I took my son to get autographs at 1130. The only player we missed was Lallana, who had gone in early to do some media work/speak to Brendan Rodgers. The rest arrived between 1130 and 1200 and all of them stopped and signed autographs and posed for photos.

Some barriers are put up at the Chapel end and the fans stand behind them. Players pull up and work their way down the barrier signing for everyone.

There were probably 150 fans there by the time the players got in the ground. A mixture of kids and parents, a few obsessives and some old geezers in leather jackets getting stuff signed to sell on ebay.

• 3 weeks later...
Just so people know if they find this thread in future. I'd get to the stadium at 11am for a 3 pm kick off as we arrived at 11.30 and most had gone in. Still got a fair few and by and large they were great with him. He is made up and buzzing for the match :)

Cheers for sharing and good to hear, hope your lad enjoys his first saints game! I still remember getting Anders signature amongst my first :)