Media Predictions for the 2014/15 season

Saint-Armstrong

We're in a rebuilding season. Hopefully this summer will never be repeated and, though we will always loose players to the big boys, we won't loose so many in one window again. With that in mind 12th we'd be an execllent season for us after the summer we've injuried hpeful followed by a summer of stable rebuilding next year.

I'd be surprised if Stoke finish that high. I'd settle for 10-14th to be honest after the summer we've had!

Why? They came 9th last season, only 6 points behind us, and they've not lost half their starting line-up like we have, so there's one place they should gain for a start. I'd say they were a very good shout for finishing top half.

For starters Burnley won't go down, they are preparing very well and signed a bucket load of good players with more to come and are led by a board that actually seem fully committed to them being in the PL long term. They will probably be one of the surprise packages.

Sunderland, WBA & QPR for the drop for me. Saints 16/17th

For starters Burnley won't go down, they are preparing very well and signed a bucket load of good players with more to come and are led by a board that actually seem fully committed to them being in the PL long term. They will probably be one of the surprise packages.

Really? Have you actually seen who they've signed?

Burnley have signed the following players this summer...

Michael Kightly

Matt Gilks

Marvin Sordell

Matthew Taylor

Steven Reid

Lukas Jutkiewicz

Which of them would get into Southampton's starting line-up?

Sunderland, WBA & QPR for the drop for me. Saints 16/17th

I lol'd

Really? Have you actually seen who they've signed?

Burnley have signed the following players this summer...

Michael Kightly

Matt Gilks

Marvin Sordell

Matthew Taylor

Steven Reid

Lukas Jutkiewicz

At least they have a squad who are preparing together for the new season already - a luxury we will not have. If we finish the season anywhere above 15th, then I'll be happy.

At least they have a squad who are preparing together for the new season already - a luxury we will not have. If we finish the season anywhere above 15th, then I'll be happy.

I would take our squad and preparation over their squad and settled preparation every single time. They will be lucky to beat Derby's total IMO.

Stoke will be there or thereabouts. I'd be amazed if either West Ham or Palace are as high as 10th and 11th, though.

I agree - love to see Liverpool hit 5th though!!! :)

I'd take this prediction right now. 12th?! That'll do me this season.

I think Swansea will go down though and Leicester will survive.

Now can anyone predict a table at this stage, when players are still being transferred? By this time next week I'd hope that our position, with players in, will be totally different from where we were a couple of days ago. Ings, Forster, Rojo and a couple more suddenly is worth at least five places in the PL. Add Classee (sp), and potentially better still. Currently I see us around 16th, but with the rumoured names in, up to tenth, and with a couple of good surprises we might match last year's performance. (I think the consensus is that we were actually better than our final placing last season, but just didn't deliver against the top clubs above us. Give Koeman instill that belief when Poch couldn't?

Mind you, if we don't get these players in, I'm all prepared to put that rubber sheet back in place!

• 2 weeks later...

That just reaffirms that the majority of mirror "journalists" do not know much about football or players outside the top 6 let alone the quality of players brought in from other leagues, they just hear "turmoil" and sky sports news on repeat about another playing leaving and its easier for them to go along with the perceived wisdom rather than do some research and more scarily some original thinking.

I'll start with FourFourTwo magazine, and we could probably collate them all in here?

BuWfwcTIcAInXkd.jpg:large

That seems reasonable. 12th seems a good bet considering we will be fielding several new players. But I can't see Palace above us and I think Sunderland might well do better than 16th.

georgeweahscousin.com (me basically):-

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Arsenal

4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool

6. Spurs

7. Everton

8. Stoke City

9. Newcastle United

10. Southampton

11. QPR