Restaurant bans loud children

Convict Colony

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-restaurant-bans-loud-children-20140730-story.html

"A screaming baby or a child running through a dining room is never a pleasant sound or sight for diners, but one Northern California restaurant has decided to do something about the behavior of its pint-sized diners.

Shake's Old Fisherman's Grotto on Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey has banned loud children from its dining room. A sign out front reads: "Children crying or making loud noises are a distraction to other diners, and as such are not allowed in the dining room."

Discuss.....

I don't have kid's that I know off but if I am in a nice joint I do not want all hell to break loose, I don't go into mcdonalds and take over the play pit :-)

Edited by Convict Colony

I grew up in a noisy house so kids bother me a shítload less than hapless parents.

Remember having brekkie at a hotel with the family. On the next table, there were a couple of well-spoken people with two young sons. The lads were being lads, occasionally leaving their chairs so they could climb back up; stuff that small nippers do. Premier Inn, like - so no pretensions.

Fk me, you should have heard the kip of the parents.

"Boys. Boys. Stop being so naughty. You will be in terrible trouble if you continue"

They weren't being naughty by any stretch of the imagination; the up-tight clueless parents were about 100x as annoying.

Used to have a part-time job (still do) in a retail store, some little brats came into the store, running around through the displays, knocking one over completely, pulling clothes off the rails and hangers and clattering into an elderly woman luckily causing injury.

At this time I was running the floor, so I told the brats to stop running around as its dangerous and to stand in the corner while they wait for their mother. The aforementioned mother then comes over to me and shouts straight in my face for telling her children off for a good 5 minutes. And my protests and observations of the damage and extra work they've caused fell on deaf ears.

Chaos, parents who dont control their kids are worse than the kids imo.

Oh aye, and I think that's fair enough. Our kids can behave like monsters in the house but are well behaved out and about.

Still, it's bloody annoying listening to parents trying to micromanage their kids repeatedly.

I assume most restaraunts want family business in which case they should be thankful for the business. Parents should control their kids but you also should be able to go out and eat without the noise Nazis having a go at you.

I used to take my kids out to eat a lot when they were smaller as I was divorced and they lived a good hours drive away. We went into a family place one night and were having a lovely evening (and not being overly noisy) and this woman comes over and says that she was glad I was having a good time with my children but could we keep the noise down as we were irritating her! I swear we werent being "loud" and it wasnt one of ths ecandle lite places where go go for a quite romantic meal. B*tch.

Used to have a part-time job (still do) in a retail store, some little brats came into the store, running around through the displays, knocking one over completely, pulling clothes off the rails and hangers and clattering into an elderly woman luckily causing injury.

At this time I was running the floor, so I told the brats to stop running around as its dangerous and to stand in the corner while they wait for their mother. The aforementioned mother then comes over to me and shouts straight in my face for telling her children off for a good 5 minutes. And my protests and observations of the damage and extra work they've caused fell on deaf ears.

Chaos, parents who dont control their kids are worse than the kids imo.

Did you not like the old bird then ?? :)

Great news.

Now if they could also ban them from pubs, public transport, aeroplanes, shops too....

I still don't understand the rule that cos you've spunked your beans up some doris it means you can all now get on the aeroplane before everyone else.

Its like being stuck behind someone in the airport security line who is surprised that upon reaching the machine they have to get their laptop out and empty the **** out of their pockets.

The 2 things that **** me off at airports, everything else in life I am phlegmatic but those 2 **** me off.