Football Manager 2015

Matthew Le God

Considering I have been addicted since I first got started on Champ Manager 00/01. FM 14 I found incredibly hard to get into (not sure if its because I'm growing up or just lack of time).

Its been a tradition to book this day off work and play, this year I haven't even purchased the game!

Might wait till I finish work 'second week in December' and have a marathon at home (saving to buy so wont be out much!).

Considering I have been addicted since I first got started on Champ Manager 00/01. FM 14 I found incredibly hard to get into (not sure if its because I'm growing up or just lack of time).

Its been a tradition to book this day off work and play, this year I haven't even purchased the game!

Might wait till I finish work 'second week in December' and have a marathon at home (saving to buy so wont be out much!).

That's the one I got started on too, back in the day. Purchased every one since...

I bit the bullet and bought the game from Steam. I didn't realise until yesterday that the proper logos and club badges for the PL aren't in there. I never play as Saints, I always use a lower league side. Given the money that SI Interactive and Sega have, it seems fairly **** that you have to download proper logos etc from fan sites.

I bit the bullet and bought the game from Steam. I didn't realise until yesterday that the proper logos and club badges for the PL aren't in there. I never play as Saints, I always use a lower league side. Given the money that SI Interactive and Sega have, it seems fairly **** that you have to download proper logos etc from fan sites.

EA Sports are considerably larger and richer than SI and signed a long term exclusive deal for the Premier League rights. In any case its pretty easy to add them and numerous other logos, kits, trophies etc to your game if you want from fan sites.

I love mlg. At which point did you realise he wasn't that popular? Was it when he signed the Liverpool shirt and said he hopes he signs for them in June/July or was it before or after that?

I think he clocked it when somebody made a disparaging comment about OurAdz' beard on the Defectors Thread a couple of days ago. Tbf it was a bit of a slow burner.

Once the Lallana comments are removed, I look forward to several months of Lovren rabbiting on to the press about how well we are doing and how we have to respect Victor Moses or whoever.

Yeah, much as I love him, Rickie needs to pipe down a bit too. I've never understood that feature tbh, it never works in a particularly realistic fashion it always seems to choose strange people that wouldn't be that likely to comment on the club. I don't really think it adds anything much to the game, other than spam really.

FM is getting so spammy. Yes MLG, I know you can turn it off, but it takes ages and that doesn't mean the game is not spammy.

The UI is still crap.

Yeah, much as I love him, Rickie needs to pipe down a bit too. I've never understood that feature tbh, it never works in a particularly realistic fashion it always seems to choose strange people that wouldn't be that likely to comment on the club. I don't really think it adds anything much to the game, other than spam really.

FM is getting so spammy. Yes MLG, I know you can turn it off, but it takes ages and that doesn't mean the game is not spammy.

The UI is still crap.

You can edit the club legends yourself

I have alpine saint commenting on everything

Because he is on the club's favoured personnel list. Something I may change for the winter window update as he really doesn't seem very popular any more.

Any chance you can get the fans to stop moaning about me selling Osvaldo? Not only would this not happen, the deal was done before I arrived. Would be great if saga could get SI to sort these issues before releasing the game each November and not always wait for the year end update.

Any chance you can get the fans to stop moaning about me selling Osvaldo? Not only would this not happen, the deal was done before I arrived. Would be great if saga could get SI to sort these issues before releasing the game each November and not always wait for the year end update.

Saga?

MLG tell Miles to back off. Saga is our domain yo!

I got a tycoon takeover last night, £100m injected into the club. Any tips MLG? I had a look at the world champions to see who I should buy but they were all grayed out, then had a look at the bundesliga and some of their famous teams like Gelsenkirchen but no one seems interested to join. Any tips? Who would you buy?

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

I got a tycoon takeover last night, £100m injected into the club. Any tips MLG? I had a look at the world champions to see who I should buy but they were all grayed out, then had a look at the bundesliga and some of their famous teams like Gelsenkirchen but no one seems interested to join. Any tips? Who would you buy?

Kat sold up?

Yeah, big Kat decided she was sick of me being top of the league (much like the players players who kept saying they want to leave for European football despite me being 12 points clear of 5th place) and decided to sell up to a Slovian businessman called Topic (like the chocolate bar).

depositphotos_7808474-Happy-businessman-because-of-profitable-investment-in-slovenia-s.jpg

Topic put £100m in and gave me £40m to spend in the Jan transfer window. Of course through I only got 3 news items on the takeover as the rest of my news-feed was busy with Lambert and Lallana banging on about how excited they were with our form.

Yeah, big Kat decided she was sick of me being top of the league (much like the players players who kept saying they want to leave for European football despite me being 12 points clear of 5th place) and decided to sell up to a Slovian businessman called Topic (like the chocolate bar).

depositphotos_7808474-Happy-businessman-because-of-profitable-investment-in-slovenia-s.jpg

Topic put £100m in and gave me £40m to spend in the Jan transfer window. Of course through I only got 3 news items on the takeover as the rest of my news-feed was busy with Lambert and Lallana banging on about how excited they were with our form.

Haha nice. No take over for me, though I'm only like 7th.

Jrod, Morgan & Clyne all want out to bigger teams. Cork, Davis & Long have all got the hump at me that they aren't playing enough.

It's not going great to be honest.

I was the same really, was around 6th first season then dropped off to 9th by losing the last 4 games of the season - poch style. Then 2nd season I started like saints but better, 10 wins out the first 10 games, then draw at old Trafford, middle along winning some, drawing some, then Topic decided he liked what he saw. Everyone else wasn't out.

I was the same really, was around 6th first season then dropped off to 9th by losing the last 4 games of the season - poch style. Then 2nd season I started like saints but better, 10 wins out the first 10 games, then draw at old Trafford, middle along winning some, drawing some, then Topic decided he liked what he saw. Everyone else wasn't out.

Ah right, you're second season. I'm still first. That might be it.

Does JRod get any good? He's still only just back but has been poor and won't sign a new deal. Tempted to flog him.

I dont know if it is because my Mac is 3 years old but loaded this game just now, started a football manager classic game and the graphics look like a Commodore 64/ZX spectrum thing going on!!!

any ideas?

673b0f002cabb44a1db0bc370250470a.jpg

18da9bd5aca8f3713b2919682635321a.jpg

b8ec1d3d67ed7acdff9f637a4787abee.jpg

Edited by Batman

Haven't played too much of this year's FM because my laptop died 3 weeks ago, but I did find that there were a lot more injuries than in FM14. To the point where it actually made me not want to play - what's the point in building a team if they're going to be injured half of the season?

Haven't played too much of this year's FM because my laptop died 3 weeks ago, but I did find that there were a lot more injuries than in FM14. To the point where it actually made me not want to play - what's the point in building a team if they're going to be injured half of the season?

I dunno. Every year every one seems to say about how many injuries they get, I've never really had it too bad before. 14 never struck me as being particularly bad, maybe I was lucky.

Guess it was my turn to get unlucky.

Does anyone edit the DB and cheat? Was always my downfall and couldn't resist but then spoiled the game somewhat. Haven't bought FM14 or FM15 as don't really have the time needed but will definitely get back into it sometime.

Cheat? No.

Undo the ridiculous decisions of the FM Southampton Researcher, like getting bollócked for not signing players from the Italian league? It's been known to happen :)

You've paid the money; you can play it however you want. They ship an editor every year.

Now, if you want real cheating, you should look at the in-memory editors. They enable you to give the entire opposition 25% condition (or whatever) before a fixture. Editing is fine.

Cheat? No.

Undo the ridiculous decisions of the FM Southampton Researcher, like getting bollócked for not signing players from the Italian league? It's been known to happen :)

You've paid the money; you can play it however you want. They ship an editor every year.

Now, if you want real cheating, you should look at the in-memory editors. They enable you to give the entire opposition 25% condition (or whatever) before a fixture. Editing is fine.

Yeah, the editor itself is fine. I mean, apparently JRod is a right-winger?

But you can be silly with it, and it ruins the game for me. I don't see the point if you are just going to make it too easy.

That said, I have done what Tokes said before. Took Ruislip Manor FC all the way to the Champions League. It was quite fun, but totally lacking in challenge. Depends what you want from the game I guess? A challenge, or just to steamroll your way through.

I think that might be why I generally start as a L1/Champ team. It's a bigger challenge, and you can sculpt the team a bit more. But that's just personal preference.