Football Manager 2015

Matthew Le God

That won't be happening! :D

Even if Saints did spend £90m this summer in real life, FM15 won't then let you spend it all again, as it would effectively be giving you £180m worth of improvements to the squad.

Thereby making it fun, which can't be allowed :smug:

Thereby making it fun, which can't be allowed :smug:

That's one of the things that I found missing from the more recent games, fun. When it was Championship Manager it was fun, for me, it isn't any more and I don't think I'll be getting it this year for the first time since it was CM2

That's one of the things that I found missing from the more recent games, fun. When it was Championship Manager it was fun, for me, it isn't any more and I don't think I'll be getting it this year for the first time since it was CM2

Theres ways to test it out without paying 30 quid I reckon

At least give the free demo a try first.

Theres ways to test it out without paying 30 quid I reckon

Yep, the free demo.

You can also buy it for cheaper than £30.

Exactly

Should be a decent effort from fm, still reckon 15-20 quid is priced right as generally the changes between ganes arent massive

A subscription or expansion business model seems a better fit for consumers.

Don't know how much FM content costs. Presumably whatever the researchers are paid. Most games these days are mini movie productions with the added bother of interactivity and the unspoken arrangement that it doesn't actually have to look photorealistic.

Even so, we're talking artists, 3d coders, script writers and voice actors - things FM uses less of, or none at all.

Few would moan at a £30 per annum subscription or expansion. FM is effectively a standalone expansion. If you think of it that way, it's not a bad price. World of Warcraft was 9 quid a month for years and they charged £30 for each expansion on top.

I will say that I'm getting bored. Too much cruft and too much entropy. For cruft, see all the drop down menus and lists, or my personal favourite, your player is sick. Send home? I've also had a couple of crashes over Steam home streaming, seeing my 3-0 up team get reamed in the resultant restart.

My biggest prob with FM is just that it feels too much like a website. I feel as I'm at the gaffer's laptop working from home, rather than at his place of work.

£30 isn't so bad when PS4 games go for well over £40. Shopto.net have FM 2015 on pre-order for just under 30.

Maybe I'll try the demo when it comes out. Maybe :)

Different costs. Sony get a cut, for starters and certification is required on consoles.

PC games almost always cheaper than console counterparts.

Well done MLG, you are quite correct of course. I actually use FM for all kinds of things in the real world (not just football) and wonder why anyone would doubt it's credibility.

Please feel free to PM me for a list of real world uses of FM 2014 and also some select previous versions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The world's leading video platform and community for gamers Twitch.tv will be integrated into Football Manager 2015, with voice and video chat to be added in the future.

Er.... why?

Isn't Twitch all about, er, great feats of twitch-gaming skill?

"Aw mate, you signed that player really well. Only six clicks. Context menu. Nice!"

Er.... why?

"Aw mate, you signed that player really well. Only six clicks. Context menu. Nice!"

Yeah, that does seem slightly pointless? Will have to see how that actually works over the coming years.

Yeah, that does seem slightly pointless? Will have to see how that actually works over the coming years.

Just seen some matey on Twitter quite seriously suggest that lack of Twitch is what has stopped FM from exploding all these years :)

The world's leading video platform and community for gamers Twitch.tv will be integrated into Football Manager 2015, with voice and video chat to be added in the future.

Er.... why?

There is a youtube series of someone playing Football Manager as Southampton that has had over 125,000 views for the opening video! Perhaps that will translate in some way across to Twitch.tv for live video streaming.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I'm on year 2066 with FM12 and still enjoying it. Any reason to upgrade to FM15? I assume other than skins and a few other tweaks these games don't change much year over year.

FM13 to FM14 saw over 1,000 new features added.

Try the FM15 free demo when it comes out and you'll see there are big differences from it to FM12 that you are currently playing.

FM Documentary at Vue cinemas on 7th October (Eastleigh and Portsmouth closest ones for most Saints fans). It will also include a live Q & A session streamed to all cinemas and features revealed for FM15.

fmdoc_web_image.png

http://www.sigames.com/news/14354/An+Alternative+Reality+The+FM+Documentary+coming+soon

Edited by Matthew Le God

Same game every year MLG (we play as well as you sell, I buy) but still fun. This is the will football manager be any different this year 2015 edition. Come on play along, usual rules, you say it is wildly different, then we all say it is not, you insist it is, we say its an update, then we ask about where is cheap to buy it, we buy it, moan about the bugs and the data, you give some lame excuses and insist Cortese does insist on us buying people from Italy, try and prove it with stats, then in the end at around Xmas you tell us about a patch that is out that makes the game half playable and we are all happy for another year.

Any pre hints you can give us on the differences? A little MLG teaser if you will.

Any pre hints you can give us on the differences? A little MLG teaser if you will.

If I tell you anything I shouldn't then Sonic the Hedgehog will hire a hitman to take me out. My pr!ckly overlord is not a man(hedgehog) to be messed with!

I'm sure you can be patient and wait until 8:40pm tonight.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Hi MLG are you going to go to the cinemas to watch bout this, at Vue cinemas on 7th October (Eastleigh and Portsmouth closest ones for most Saints fans)?

Edit: I believe it will also include a live Q & A session streamed to all cinemas and features revealed for FM15.

What happened to loose links sinks ships poster? Were you scared it might go down as well as when bearsy went to the Tottenham match thread dressed as a Nazi?

Will you be updating videos and stuff on here MLG or should we go to the SI forum instead? I would also like to add to my guess, ref using shaving foam for free kicks and goal line technology. This will have some major bugs to begin, like offsides a few years ago. I can see 1 in 3 goals going to goal line technology until December patch. All in all, I am looking forward to it as always.

Did you make Gaston and Osvaldo **** before shifting them out? Any early demos we can play MLG?

I'm not, are you? With your fuzzy hairstyle I wouldn't like to be the person behind you in the cinema.

nah, but i'm interested to see what sort of bros would go to the cinema to watch a football manager documentary + live feed of Q&A session! I'm thinking bout staking out the cinema with camera, and doing expose!

Edit: I actually went cinema last week to watch Equalizer (it was v.boring) and the bro in front of me was playing football manager on his iphone the whole time, while bird sat next to him, looking disgruntled

Edited by Bearsy

I went to see One Night in Turin (possibly not as good as the Paris version, too much football from 1990 in it, not enough billionaire heiress humping) but left when it became obvious that Jim Rosenthal's Q&A was hosted remotely from some cinema in London afterwards rather than him gracing the building with his actual presence. Not sure why that mattered to me to be honest, saved me half an hour anyway.

This is as close as I can get to the loser-level needed to watch an FM film. And I'm not buying it this year, it doesn't have the level of geekdom I need from creating regional lower leagues and simply doesn't work properly.

It looks like a lot of work KRG. It starts off looking good. The new interface (similar to the old one) looks good and easy to use. There is a bit about setting what kind of manager you are, tracksuit or Harry Redknapp, all pretty good ideas. The Reading FC fan feature - You can now set it so you have more than one favourite teams (mlg put this in just to annoy Turkish) and more than 1 language. Then there is a massive bit about all the speaking you now Have to do. You have the press stuff like before but now they stop you directly after matches, at the training ground, from the window of your range rover etc. You also have to speak to every player about everything, speak to the board every 10 mins, speak to your virtual wife, the fisherman, the gate keeper, the drunk in the pub. Basically the game has become one big football based monkey island - out 12th November or similar.

It looks like a lot of work KRG. It starts off looking good. The new interface (similar to the old one) looks good and easy to use. There is a bit about setting what kind of manager you are, tracksuit or Harry Redknapp, all pretty good ideas. The Reading FC fan feature - You can now set it so you have more than one favourite teams (mlg put this in just to annoy Turkish) and more than 1 language. Then there is a massive bit about all the speaking you now Have to do. You have the press stuff like before but now they stop you directly after matches, at the training ground, from the window of your range rover etc. You also have to speak to every player about everything, speak to the board every 10 mins, speak to your virtual wife, the fisherman, the gate keeper, the drunk in the pub. Basically the game has become one big football based monkey island - out 12th November or similar.

Worth forking out for then?

Can't believe MLG has ignored my call for details for over 12 hours. He's usually all over this shît. Might go pester him on Twitter. That'll learn him.

Worth forking out for then?

Let's face it, it never is but we always do. Jacobs tries to make us think he is not raking it in by wearing some of the worst T-shirts known to man. Like the other people in the market that saw that T, I'm not buying it.

I am not sure about the new Monkey Island aspects. I always hate the chat things and usually send the assistant. It seems like the biggest expansion apart from the way goal keepers kick and the tashes, is the chatting to people. Hopefully you can just do a poch, pretend you don't speak English and get someone else to do it for you. MLG to confirm.