Tyreke Johnson

Bewildered

Tyreke Johnson ‏@tyreke98 39m

Joined Southampton on a 4year deal,would like to thank Swindon for all the opportunities given

A player from Swindon's academy tweeted that he has joined Southampton today, perhaps this is the player having a medical today as mentioned by K Billy?

Tyreke Johnson, who is being touted by many within the Swindon footballing fraternity to have a bright future in the game, showed glimpses of his talent. He went on a surging run and it was his blocked cross that earned the corner that would provide Swindon with their best chance of the half. ......This from a report last year.

Are you one of those irritating f*cks that hog the bench press or squat rack playing on their phones whilst others are queuing for them?

Anyone curling in the squat rack should be banned from picking up a weight for a month as well. Makes me wanna do a special squat in their favorite gym shoes

Who comes up with these names!?

well that's a fair question,Colin..... but many years ago.... a colleague (who was of Afro-American decent) told me that some parents try to " create " new names for their children, thus avoiding many traditional Caucasian names that are popular in USA and some other countries. Think you'll find that there are quite a lot of " created names " around ......if you look a bit harder.

• 1 year later...
Had to dig deep into the archives to find this thread.

The kid seems to be doing well for himself - Good to see.

At 16 he shows more composure and intelligence on camera than Raheem Sterling.

Has anyone seen a Sterling interview? My God – unintelligible. It's like he finds it difficult to talk.

Last week he said this: "I get quite a bit of chances".

?????

Of course, it's great to see young talents emerging ....and the U18 squad has a few more now.... (it's not every season that produces a Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain or Shaw.)

but Johnson .....together with Olomola and Calum Slattery look really good prospects at this age group....

.......remains to be seen if they make it to the First Team squad in a couple of years ...or "burn-out " and end up in the National League (South )

• 3 years later...
I presume they get a first team bonus as well. Probably on for his pace and keeping the Arsenal defence on their toes as well.

Doubt this was the reason as, with one minute to go, he wasn't going to show anyone anything. So what was the reason? Perhaps it was a sign to every youngster in the Club (and to us) that oportunity is knocking and doors are opening

Can't let today pass without mentioning this lad.

Well played for getting his first Prem appearance.

Must have impressed Ralph in training.

Was thinking the same. Congrats to him.

See that there are 5 academy players training with the 1st team. Looks like things might be back on track there.

Well, Armstrong with his cramp needed replacing, we wanted to run down some time, but your point is valid too. But as somebody else commented why not one of our experienced mid-fielders? A good combination of factors I feel, and having seen a few u23 videos his speed was worth having.

Great to see. Don't know much about him.

Hope we see Barnes and Slattery get on the bench this season too. With Obafemi around too this is exactly what we should be doing. Really energises things and gives the whole club a boost.

Yeah, a massive boost. It filters down through the age groups too as younger players have to step up to higher age groups to cover. Great stuff.

Great to see. Don't know much about him.

Hope we see Barnes and Slattery get on the bench this season too. With Obafemi around too this is exactly what we should be doing. Really energises things and gives the whole club a boost.

Barnes is illegible to play Premier League, I think.

Can't let today pass without mentioning this lad.

Well played for getting his first Prem appearance.

Must have impressed Ralph in training.

Interesting that when Redmond got lumped in the first half, he was the first one warming up just in case, then only joined by Long a couple of minutes later

• 1 month later...

think tyreke along with obafemi look our best youngsters at the moment. some great end product on a couple of curved balls in especially the ball he played that was perfect for long.. he did more attacking wise in 45 mins then Valery has in all his games put together..

I actually think he maybe even better if used in the Redmond or Armstrong positions as back up to those two.we are short for back up in these positions so why not?