Taïder

benjii

I didnt think he looked all that today - gave the ball away several times and didnt produce much - although clearly he really had just joined a bunch of strangers for a game so his best will be yet to come. In terms of midfielders performance today Tadic then Gaston were out in front

I didnt think he looked all that today - gave the ball away several times and didnt produce much - although clearly he really had just joined a bunch of strangers for a game so his best will be yet to come. In terms of midfielders performance today Tadic then Gaston were out in front
Don't recall him giving the ball away at all TBH. Looked the best player we had from the moment he came on IMHO.

From the short time he was on he looked busy, some nice passing, looked to find space for himself and got stuck into some tackles all in all looked decent. Needs time to get to know his team mates though a few times I saw him and Cork getting each others way as they both tried to go for the same ball or occupy the same space. Oh and he gets bonus points for the haircut.

I was most impressed by Tadic though reckon that he is going to be really good for us this season.

Thought he was very good. Quick, confident and with good awareness. Hopefully he will be a key player this season. Thought Bertrand was outstanding, very impressed and a more than worthy replacement for Shaw if he keeps that up. Tadic OK, but needs to be more selfish and look to take people on more. Pelle seemed willing enough but will have to toughen up in this league if he wants to make an impression. Need a striker and a CB before the end of the window, in order to compete properly.

He put in the kind of performance you'd hope for from someone trying to impress. Looked industrious, worked hard, great quick control and moving the ball and quick decision making. Showed a tiny bit of a tendency to go backwards too much but understandable given how little he knows about his teammates. There's clearly a bit of a language barrier too from the time he cleared the ball practically from Boruc's hands but that'll come. He looked like Cork with more range to me and I didn't see him give it away once.

So what midfield and formation would you expect us to play? The article I read about Taider (sorry forgot which one) suggested he had the potential to be great. I missed details about the game, where did he actually play?

left midfield.

I was expecting Tadic and Pelle to be the players to shine today but was much more impressed by Bertrand and Taider.

Have to agree with that, Tadic I think will improve and showed some signs, however, Pelle worries me and I stand to be corrected, but I think he only won one ball in the air which falls a longway from what we would expect from Rickie Lambert.

Have to agree with that, Tadic I think will improve and showed some signs, however, Pelle worries me and I stand to be corrected, but I think he only won one ball in the air which falls a longway from what we would expect from Rickie Lambert.

I remember Lambert being slated for not winning enough headers or Jumping/trying plenty of times over the last five years

I remember Lambert being slated for not winning enough headers or Jumping/trying plenty of times over the last five years

Only morons would say that... he had the body strength to control it on his chest as he read the ball flight perfectly. He only went for headers if there was someone ahead of him, which was rare with our midfield.

Is Pelle as strong as this is where our outlet needs to be.

Pelle does worry me as well - there's always that doubt that he'll be a Van Wolfswinkel or Altidore than a Van Persie - but I think it's slightly unfair to say that he only won one ball in the air yesterday. He was a productive player that managed to lay down some great balls for teammates. He didn't really get any shots off but that will take time. I guess, as you rightly imply, we will have to wait until we make any kind of proper judgement.

Tadic played more as a left winger in the second half I thought. All pretty fluid anyway. Like the look of both Tadic and Taider.

True me too, its early days and things will continue to change for a while. I was in row JJ which didnt help with identification.

Promising home debuts for the new boys. Pelle lagging a bit behind the others, but that will improve IMO when we get an additional striker for them to play off each other, or when Rodriguez returns, or the existing players learn to anticipate each other's through balls.

I thought Wanyama was our best player but Taider looks like an excellent all-around midfielder.

I think we should play with a diamond as midfield is clearly our strongest area.

Good Shout

Forster

Clyne Yoshida Fonte Bertrand

Wanyama

Ward-prowse Tadier

Tadic

Pelle Ramirez?

CB, Striker and Winger needed still before september TBH

Promising home debuts for the new boys. Pelle lagging a bit behind the others, but that will improve IMO when we get an additional striker for them to play off each other, or when Rodriguez returns, or the existing players learn to anticipate each other's through balls.

in a 433?

I love how our Facebook page has now got more than 500k followers, and how most comments are filled with Arabic from these Algerian fans.... loooool

He sure brings a lot of fans with him.

Yeah who would have guessed that the next big market like China, Japan and the 'States to tap was Algeria?!

Funny that people on the FB are getting the hump due to all the Arabic. Who cares? And really, if we are going to expand our fan base and stature in the world along with commercial income, why get ****ed off with all the Algerians? I welcome any new supporter to the club. Do these people who have the hump begrudge all those Japanese people who (used to) turn up at SMS?

Taider came on as a DM and his first few touches were on the left wing, but he was playing centrally. When Cork came on they had a brief pointing discussion about who was where in the 3 but I'd lost the will to live at that point and other than him hoofing the ball away from Boruc in the RCB position right in front of me I can't really remember much about Taider's positioning late on, but he did always seem to be mostly getting the ball in left-sided defensive midfield positions.

He reminds me of a more animated version of Schneiderlin, tbh. Without the sulking... so far.