Calum Chambers

Leicestersaint

Just surprised that Jeff and Glasgow's six fingered, web-footed friends and family know how to use Twitter.

40% sell-on as if that wouldn't be reported.

I dont care if he had a release clause or not, neither am i claiming he did or didnt.

Im just not ruling it out either.

Might be wise to keep an open mind yourself? Or is it just easier to think the worst?

Until the club say either way we dont know, in the meantime we discuss and guess on a forum. No need to take it so seriously mate. #Relax

I dont care if he had a release clause or not, neither am i claiming he did or didnt.

Im just not ruling it out either.

Might be wise to keep an open mind yourself? Or is it just easier to think the worst?

Until the club say either way we dont know, in the meantime we discuss and guess on a forum. No need to take it so seriously mate. #Relax

You should start a new thread like the good, old days. Does the leash extend that far? :smug:

the clause people are getting their knickers in a twist about (prove it, it can't be true, etc) mirrors exactly what View From The Top has been saying for quite some time.

I think people are just fuk'd off that we let a player go that was way off his potential top price

I don't think that is the case with the others and right now, we seem to be after a player who can play in his positions

The chambers transfer is the one I really cant understand, a young player with so much potential he could easily be as good as shaw and is a certain england player, we didnt need the money yet we couldnt refuse a 16 million bid? chambers must have chucked more than his toys out the pram!

Me neither biggest mistake of the summer.

At the end of the day we got 16m for a bit part full back. What the club staff did not see that he was a centre back.Wenger was smart enough to see it. 16m is a lot of money and he is replaceable

he wasnt really a bit part full back, was he

At the end of the day we got 16m for a bit part full back. What the club staff did not see that he was a centre back.Wenger was smart enough to see it. 16m is a lot of money and he is replaceable

Considering half the members of this forum suggested Chambers for cb I would be shocked and appalled if the club overlooked it. It was obvious ffs, don't make out Wenger as a genius for noticing.

Considering half the members of this forum suggested Chambers for cb I would be shocked and appalled if the club overlooked it. It was obvious ffs, don't make out Wenger as a genius for noticing.

Agree with this faraway, if 75% of the posters could see that this lad would make a great CB in the future as he playing in that position for the national U21 side, I would have thought the club did as well. I am of the opinion along with AL & LS Chambers had his head turned whislst away with his respective national side and of course agents having their say.

He looks very accomplished on the ground but I'm not sure about his heading high balls. I'll be interested how it works out for him overall, pretty impressive v MC, CP and Besiktas. I still have a feeling he may end up in front of the back four.

I do recall a thread about it, but i doubt half the members had thought so. Time will tell if he is up to it anyway,at present he looks pretty good.

Why not just decide to be happy for the guy? We bred him. We loved him. We got good money for him. Any Academy graduate who goes on to play for England is great for Southampton's reputation. Besides, it's a lot more fun being happy than angry! Personally, I hope he gets selected and makes us proud.

I don't think we did get good money for him, Arsenal are going to get 12-14 years out of him. Anyway it shows what it does to belong to the big 4 and why if Clyne wants to go next I will understand --IK'll be even more angry, not with him but the system

Who cares? I certainly don't. I had a brief interest in the England team over the past year what with Saints players being in the squad and the WC. But the WC didn't disappoint and we were served up with the typical dross we have been used to for the past decade. Now that there aren't any Saints in the squad, I'll spend my time doing something less boring than watching dross.

JWP being tipped for a call up today in the papers. Got no gripe with Chambers being called up, we're crying out for a decent centreback and Callum can become that, but the fact he's there as a right back and Clyne has been overlooked again is a joke. Especially after his Liverpool performance. God I hate the England set up.

He looks very accomplished on the ground but I'm not sure about his heading high balls. I'll be interested how it works out for him overall, pretty impressive v MC, CP and Besiktas. I still have a feeling he may end up in front of the back four.

Your feeling may :-) be absolutely right.... ;-)

How Hodgson kept his job after that travesty in Brazil I will never know. He will just revert to type now and pick big 4 players. Bit sad really.

Yep! Only two posts maybe but spot on with this one. Let's try the old cliches "Jobs for the boys", "Buggin's turn", "Keys to The Lodge"

The truth is that England will fail at senior level whoever the manager may be simply because none of them, players or staff gives a monkey's about country and honour and selfless application to a team ethic.

Money, money, money

Is a Rich 'Man's' Dream"

The news that Chambers may be included in the England senior squad just rubs salt into the wound after his absurd sale on the cheap.

I travel a great deal and the general view outside of Southampton is that the players we have sold are good but not worth the money paid for them by Man U and Liverpool but no one understands this one.

I agree that Clyne should be included.

The news that Chambers may be included in the England senior squad just rubs salt into the wound after his absurd sale on the cheap.

I travel a great deal and the general view outside of Southampton is that the players we have sold are good but not worth the money paid for them by Man U and Liverpool but no one understands this one.

I agree that Clyne should be included.

£16m for a bit part player is not 'on the cheap'. What do you think is a fair price for him?

Cheap? £16m for a bit part player for a mid table team yet to prove himslef at the highest level? Really? He has been criticised for his performances at CH so far this season for Arsenal and if he gets an England call up it is more about the lack of options in that position than how good he is. He might well turn out to be an International class player but he isnt right now.

Cheap? £16m for a bit part player for a mid table team yet to prove himslef at the highest level? Really? He has been criticised for his performances at CH so far this season for Arsenal and if he gets an England call up it is more about the lack of options in that position than how good he is. He might well turn out to be an International class player but he isnt right now.

I agree.

Potential - it's hard to put a price on. Franny Jeffers had that by the bucket load. A 19yo who player, what was it, 12 PL games (and was in truth pretty accomplished) going for £16m - how much do people expect us to have got for him? Sure it would have been nice to have kept him, but that didn't happen. Are they expecting us to get the same amount as we did for Shaw? The hype around Shaw was utterly ridiculous hence why the ridiculous transfer fee. Sure it would have been nice to repeat that, but that doesn't happen very often. As it is, looking at the potential for Shaw and Chambers, I would put my money on Chambers to succeed over Shaw.

I agree.

Potential - it's hard to put a price on. Franny Jeffers had that by the bucket load. A 19yo who player, what was it, 12 PL games (and was in truth pretty accomplished) going for £16m - how much do people expect us to have got for him? Sure it would have been nice to have kept him, but that didn't happen. Are they expecting us to get the same amount as we did for Shaw? The hype around Shaw was utterly ridiculous hence why the ridiculous transfer fee. Sure it would have been nice to repeat that, but that doesn't happen very often. As it is, looking at the potential for Shaw and Chambers, I would put my money on Chambers to succeed over Shaw.

Yep, as you say, they have paid for potential which we all know is a gamble. It is all academic now however as the deal has been done and he now plays for Arsenal. Time will tell if Wenger's gamble has paid off but £16m is still a lot of money (een if it does include add ons) for a young kid who has yet to play a full season at the highest level. RK must have sanctioned the move and he knows what he wants better than we do.