Netflix regions

norwaysaint

Just wondered which regions people usually use for Netflix, or what gems people have found in other regions. There used to be a lot of focus on how to get US Netflix, but for me that seems to be the weakest one these days, whereas as far as I can tell, Canada has a lot of the newest and best stuff, certainly the only region to have Community.

I have also taken a peek at the Netherlands and see they have the whole season of Fargo, so I may check that out too.

You can choose any country in the world if you use Hola, free too. Every country has completely different content. For example, the fairly crappy Norwegian list still has Star Trek as a main film, whereas Canada have had Into Darkness for ages. I just saw the Netherlands already have Frozen , which was still playing in cinemas well into this year, they've got Thor 2 as well. Some countries have far more seasons of major TV series too.

never knew different regions had different things available... ridiculous. Now I've got Hola, i'll be seeing what else i can watch.

Is there an (easy) way of connecting my PC to TV (They are about 8M away from each other, in the same room)

Edit: a search of ebay has unearthed this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SVGA-VGA-15PIN-MALE-TO-MALE-PC-MONITOR-TV-LCD-PLASMA-PROJECTOR-TO-TFT-CABLE-LEAD-/281035627731

billy bargain

Edited by SO16_Saint

I just use an HDMI cable. I can get it on the PS3, Wii, Apple TV and Ipad too, but it's still a lot more fuss to change regions with those.

Definitely worth searching around a bit if you've seen the best of your local stuff. Canada, Netherlands, Brazil, US and Norway are all alternative selections to the UK list, there may be others. I'm sure Netflix don't mind people doing it as they would just want everyone to keep paying, the differences are surely just license issues.

I heard Ricky Gervais saying the other day that his next output will be for Netflix as they are the only ones who will just let him make his own stuff without interfering.

• 2 weeks later...
never knew different regions had different things available... ridiculous. Now I've got Hola, i'll be seeing what else i can watch.

Is there an (easy) way of connecting my PC to TV (They are about 8M away from each other, in the same room)

Edit: a search of ebay has unearthed this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SVGA-VGA-15PIN-MALE-TO-MALE-PC-MONITOR-TV-LCD-PLASMA-PROJECTOR-TO-TFT-CABLE-LEAD-/281035627731

billy bargain

That will work providing your TV has VGA connection but quality might be iffy. If you can, use HDMI cables.

I heard Ricky Gervais saying the other day that his next output will be for Netflix as they are the only ones who will just let him make his own stuff without interfering.

His Derek series was a Netflix exclusive here in the US.