Billy Sharp joins Leeds for Undisclosed fee

KelvinsRightGlove

Seem some Leeds-based rumours that we've basically got our money back for him, which would be pretty impressive. I was under the impression we were quite happy to let him go for nothing, just to save on the wages.

Rumour I heard from Leeds was that the fee is going to Sharp to help offset his wages - no idea if true just off WACA Leeds forum apparently

Best of luck to him. Top player in the NPC and a top bloke. Although he is probably not good enough, I would have rather us get rid of Mayuka and kept Billy. He deserves to play though. No Byram then....

Why? Neither are Premier League players, I am expecting to see both leave anyway.

As an aside, I wonder what wages he was on.

Brighton apparently enquired last season and reportedly didn’t want to pay the £18-£20k p/w he was on. If Barnard landed up on £14k due to our rise to the Prem. It must have been around this reported figure, at least.

The club have put up a nice message on the OS as well as a youtube video of his goals. A somewhat different announcement than some for other recent departees.

And rightly so! I'm enjoying the way the OS treats the news of our departures according to the way they feel about them. :)

Good luck Billy. Speaks volumes that many write on this thread, yet you have not featured in the last few years for Saints. Helped us achieve promotion and helped get where we are today. Leeds have a top bloke and a bargin, will get 15 goals plus for them if he settles.

In the last few months we have had a lot of strops, but Billy kept working hard, trained and did not come out with nonsense when others boo hooed like t£"%"^""%$.

And rightly so! I'm enjoying the way the OS treats the news of our departures according to the way they feel about them. :)

I agree, end of the day the club pays players week on week for hard work and effort and performace. But the good send off are reserved for those who treat the club and fans with respect.

Not sure we'd be where we without some vital goals in the NPC season. Mickey Evans did a similar job when we needed goals in the late 90s to avoid relegation. Best of luck At Leeds Billy. I think he'll fit in well there.

Agree whole-heartedly with the sentiments. Only came alive in the six yard box and doesn't have the ability for where Saints are wanting to be (17th upwards I sometime think) but will absolutely do a great job at Championship level. In Leeds he really has joined a sleeping giant with an absolute nutter of a Chairman. A lot of my work colleagues are Leeds fans and while some still harbour the days when they were in Europe and battling for the league, the saner ones think he is a prudent buy and is a pretty good replacement for McCormack and the £11m remains to bolster elsewhere.

Seem some Leeds-based rumours that we've basically got our money back for him, which would be pretty impressive. I was under the impression we were quite happy to let him go for nothing, just to save on the wages.

Came across this saying £1.8m!!! If that is true, then that is damn good work. But of course it might not be. Love the headline....

http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/leeds/leeds-confirm-1-8m-saints-raid