Phil Neville predicts Saints in Bottom 3 at end of season

CalneSaint

Its been said that the BBC know that Neville (P) isn't up to the role and that he's been given additional advice and training after his poor performance during the WC. In any other walk of life he'd have been shown the door. It's time the broadcast media came to realise that former footballers are not the right people to act as football journalists because the role requires entirely different skills. At least Sky have realised that David Beckham is an utter plank and although they want to use his PR image in their advertising the advertising agency don't let him speak. Neville doesn't even have image to rely on so why he is being used is inexplicable.

Anyone who saw Scholes on Sky yesterday having to justify why he predicted relegation for Swansea will know that these kind of things are barely worth discussing.

Scholes, it seemed, hadnt actually looked at Swansea's squad which he then described as being quite good.

I think this general perception of Saints being a bit **** this season will win us a few games. Maybe Phil knows it and is on our side ;)

Can't wait to see the new team play...

Yeah I'd rather they came out with a load of **** so we can prove them wrong. The problem is a lot of pundits and journalists are just lazy and poorly informed. I'm sure none of them have been keeping up with goings on this summer like many of us have. Swansea's side looks decent, if they keep Bony I think they'll finish top half. Have just seen world class player and pundit Robbie Savage tipping us to also get relegated

Edited by Saint_Tony

Who cares what Phil Neville says he is a complete waste of space. The BBC is hoping and praying he will do for them what his brother has achieved for Sky. He will not. I would rather have him predict us for relegation rather than anything else rather like the plank before him Lawrenson. Talking of planks did you see Merson on Sky Sports yesterday - hopeless

Funnily enough, after Swansea beat Man U, Neville had the good grace on MOTD 2 to reconsider his prediction that they would struggle this season. What a shame that he wasn't asked whether his prediction regarding our prospects was due to be reconsidered, although he was very complimentary about our performance today and agreed that we had been the better team.

Funnily enough, after Swansea beat Man U, Neville had the good grace on MOTD 2 to reconsider his prediction that they would struggle this season. What a shame that he wasn't asked whether his prediction regarding our prospects was due to be reconsidered, although he was very complimentary about our performance today and agreed that we had been the better team.

Upbeat about our 2nd half. StIll all about Livepool and now mentioned Morgan going up there!!! **** OFF and leave us alone they will not win anythingm they are not very good we showed that today. WE WILL MARCH ON

It was Danny Murphy that made the comment about Morgan, but in the context that Liverpool need a Central midfielder like Morgan.....and to be fair Chappers did pick him up about it. As for Neville he probably can't remember what he said over 24 hours ago....

Upbeat about our 2nd half. StIll all about Livepool and now mentioned Morgan going up there!!! **** OFF and leave us alone they will not win anythingm they are not very good we showed that today. WE WILL MARCH ON

It was Danny Murphy that made the comment about Morgan, but in the context that Liverpool need a Central midfielder like Morgan.....and to be fair Chappers did pick him up about it. As for Neville he probably can't remember what he said over 24 hours ago....

The season Southampton last got relegated was also the season Southampton was predicted to get relegated, coincidence I think not...

You seem to have forgotten 2011/12. And that no-one tipped us to go down in 2004/5.

The season Southampton last got relegated was also the season Southampton was predicted to get relegated, coincidence I think not...

You seem to have forgotten 2011/12. And that no-one tipped us to go down in 2004/5.

Anyone who saw Scholes on Sky yesterday having to justify why he predicted relegation for Swansea will know that these kind of things are barely worth discussing.

Scholes, it seemed, hadnt actually looked at Swansea's squad which he then described as being quite good.

pretty annoying that he is getting paid a handsome amount by SKY, but he clearly isn't doing the necessary research. Imagine getting paid to read about and watch football and then sum up what you have seen and read.

pretty annoying that he is getting paid a handsome amount by SKY, but he clearly isn't doing the necessary research. Imagine getting paid to read about and watch football and then sum up what you have seen and read.

Peter Reid was the best pundit for that. May have been 2006 when at half time in a group game he was asked to give some insight into one of the lesser known teams and he just shrugged and said "I don't know anything about them."

Peter Reid was the best pundit for that. May have been 2006 when at half time in a group game he was asked to give some insight into one of the lesser known teams and he just shrugged and said "I don't know anything about them."

• 4 months later...
Here you go although not an article

So 5 out of 11 mirror experts picked us to be relegated.

0 of 9 Telegraph experts picked us to be relegated.

3 out of 10 Guardian experts picked us to be relegated.

I am not an expert on English newspapers but is this a good way to determine their relative quality?

So 5 out of 11 mirror experts picked us to be relegated.

0 of 9 Telegraph experts picked us to be relegated.

3 out of 10 Guardian experts picked us to be relegated.

I am not an expert on English newspapers but is this a good way to determine their relative quality?

Yes.

Pretty much.

[h=3]MIKE WALTERS[/h]Premier League :

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Manchester City

4. Arsenal

18. Swansea

19. West Brom

20. Southampton

Champions League : Chelsea

FA Cup : Liverpool

League Cup : Manchester City

Championship : Wigan

League One : Sheffield United

League Two : Portsmouth

:lol:

Sports punditry and commentary in England is seriously feeble. Well, football coverage anyway.

I'm always amazed by how much better the US TV coverage is of their major sports. The anchor also forces pundits to state a position beyond "I expect a tight game" or "I fear for them" - and will use this against them if they are wrong.

[h=3]MIKE WALTERS[/h]Premier League :

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Manchester City

4. Arsenal

18. Swansea

19. West Brom

20. Southampton

Champions League : Chelsea

FA Cup : Liverpool

League Cup : Manchester City

Championship : Wigan

League One : Sheffield United

League Two : Portsmouth

:lol:

To be fair, if you set aside your anti-Portsmouth biases, they did look in good shape at the start of the season.

The more interesting lower league stories to me are Bournemouth and how well Swindon Town is doing with our two center backs.