• Wanyama
    • Schneiderlin
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Pelle
    • Isgrove
    • Long

Love how Davis gets beaten up for having a had as many chances as our three forward players.

And I also find it hilarious that the "Southampton Way" delusion is still alive, meaning people find it insulting that we didn't improve on a player who has more national-level trophies in like 10 years than our club in all of its history.

Wake up fellas, just because we've signed a few players, doesn't mean we have a better team than before, and if we sold 6 players for more than what we bought the new ones for, chances are we don't.

For those saying Davis is terrible for quite literally the only thing he did wrong in the whole game,

I remember Lallana vanishing from games and not making a single Cruyff turn, yet Davis was there picking him up with his passes.

I remember us almost blowing away a 3-0 lead to a relegation-doomed Norwich, and there was Davis breaking away for Gallagher's first senior goal.

I remember Lambert losing out on long balls time and time again, and Davis was there to pick the loose ball and find him a break.

I remember Rodriguez running madly down the line, and Davis was the only one following him and able to leave him with a lovely return ball for a dead certain goal (remember Newcastle!).

Our most regular, tidy, reliable and unfashionably creative player (I remember a few flicks, backheels and tricks that were much more effective than many by Lallana, Ramirez or Morgan) being destroyed by the gang for missing a chance while we keep dreaming of Ramirez, who now seems to have not been considered good enough for our starting 11 by THREE managers, and expect the club to sign the leading figures of CL teams.

Sounds like we need a few videos of this summer to be sent to members of this forum, just in case they've missed it and don't realize who they support.

Love how Davis gets beaten up for having a had as many chances as our three forward players.

And I also find it hilarious that the "Southampton Way" delusion is still alive, meaning people find it insulting that we didn't improve on a player who has more national-level trophies in like 10 years than our club in all of its history.

Wake up fellas, just because we've signed a few players, doesn't mean we have a better team than before, and if we sold 6 players for more than what we bought the new ones for, chances are we don't.

For those saying Davis is terrible for quite literally the only thing he did wrong in the whole game,

I remember Lallana vanishing from games and not making a single Cruyff turn, yet Davis was there picking him up with his passes.

I remember us almost blowing away a 3-0 lead to a relegation-doomed Norwich, and there was Davis breaking away for Gallagher's first senior goal.

I remember Lambert losing out on long balls time and time again, and Davis was there to pick the loose ball and find him a break.

I remember Rodriguez running madly down the line, and Davis was the only one following him and able to leave him with a lovely return ball for a dead certain goal (remember Newcastle!).

Our most regular, tidy, reliable and unfashionably creative player (I remember a few flicks, backheels and tricks that were much more effective than many by Lallana, Ramirez or Morgan) being destroyed by the gang for missing a chance while we keep dreaming of Ramirez, who now seems to have not been considered good enough for our starting 11 by THREE managers, and expect the club to sign the leading figures of CL teams.

Sounds like we need a few videos of this summer to be sent to members of this forum, just in case they've missed it and don't realize who they support.

Good: Tadic, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin (2nd half)

Bad: Long, Pelle

Ugly: Yoshida

why is long under bad? I get why pelle is as he was largely anonymous but i thought long looked lively for the 15 mins he got and if it wasnt for the crossbar might have scored

Good: Tadic, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin (2nd half)

Bad: Long, Pelle

Ugly: Yoshida

why is long under bad? I get why pelle is as he was largely anonymous but i thought long looked lively for the 15 mins he got and if it wasnt for the crossbar might have scored

You are indeed entitled to your opinion. What puzzles me is why somebody who consistently demonstrates a complete lack of any practical knowledge of football would want to display it publicly.

Yeah... Fonte at CM.... Wanyama CB...

And saying that schneiderlin shouldnt of hit his shot at the keeper who made a great save, from a shot of Morgans wrong foot, on the volley from a bouncing ball he hit under pressure ?

Glass houses and all that

You are indeed entitled to your opinion. What puzzles me is why somebody who consistently demonstrates a complete lack of any practical knowledge of football would want to display it publicly.

Yeah... Fonte at CM.... Wanyama CB...

And saying that schneiderlin shouldnt of hit his shot at the keeper who made a great save, from a shot of Morgans wrong foot, on the volley from a bouncing ball he hit under pressure ?

Glass houses and all that

I thought Liverpool were much poorer than last season, partially hardly surprising as they were missing Suarez. We had a spell where we played well but for the wider game don't believe it was a case of us making them look poor.

I thought at centre back we were weak, badly missing Lovren. Maybe Gardos will solve it, or maybe we'll go after the likes of Vlaar.

In the attacking third we were much worse than last season. Hardly surprising again(lost Jrod, Lambert, Osvaldo and Lallana). So yeah i think cutting edge in the that area needs addressing badly.

Even if Jrod's back by Oct, which i'm dubious about i would expect quite a long period before he's fully up to speed.

Liverpool certainly werent excellent but played ok, Skrtl and Lovren are pretty solid and gave Pellé a torrid time. Ultimately are issue last year was our lack of cutting edge so nothings massively changed there TBH. Pellé hasnt impressed me much so far, but its early days and a new league. Tadic looks good, isgrove promising.

The back four werent too bad, shielded by the impassable Wanyama who looks like he could headbut a wall down. Bertrand and clyne looked good really IMO, clyne more to blame for the second goal then the first but you could also argue that Fonte wasnt entirely blameless.

Forster looked ok, big big lad, poorish for the first goal but it was a decent finish. Another day could have seen us win, so Im happily not too downhearted for the result at what are some peoples top two tip (unsure how)

All in all Im happy.

Just my take on the chances.

Davis - needed more composure, was ultimately poor

Long - dissapointing, probably should have hit the target but the liverpool did enough to put him under pressure

I thought Liverpool were much poorer than last season, partially hardly surprising as they were missing Suarez. We had a spell where we played well but for the wider game don't believe it was a case of us making them look poor.

I thought at centre back we were weak, badly missing Lovren. Maybe Gardos will solve it, or maybe we'll go after the likes of Vlaar.

In the attacking third we were much worse than last season. Hardly surprising again(lost Jrod, Lambert, Osvaldo and Lallana). So yeah i think cutting edge in the that area needs addressing badly.

Even if Jrod's back by Oct, which i'm dubious about i would expect quite a long period before he's fully up to speed.

Liverpool certainly werent excellent but played ok, Skrtl and Lovren are pretty solid and gave Pellé a torrid time. Ultimately are issue last year was our lack of cutting edge so nothings massively changed there TBH. Pellé hasnt impressed me much so far, but its early days and a new league. Tadic looks good, isgrove promising.

The back four werent too bad, shielded by the impassable Wanyama who looks like he could headbut a wall down. Bertrand and clyne looked good really IMO, clyne more to blame for the second goal then the first but you could also argue that Fonte wasnt entirely blameless.

Forster looked ok, big big lad, poorish for the first goal but it was a decent finish. Another day could have seen us win, so Im happily not too downhearted for the result at what are some peoples top two tip (unsure how)

All in all Im happy.

Just my take on the chances.

Davis - needed more composure, was ultimately poor

Long - dissapointing, probably should have hit the target but the liverpool did enough to put him under pressure

Lookat the Liverpool team we played against today and the one we faced at Anfield a year ago and tell me which one was stronger? We played well today. Liverpool might not have been at 100%, but we must take some credit for that, all their key players didn't just wake up and decide to have a bad game game today. Credit where credit is due, we were pretty decent today and showed plenty of promising signs.

Lookat the Liverpool team we played against today and the one we faced at Anfield a year ago and tell me which one was stronger? We played well today. Liverpool might not have been at 100%, but we must take some credit for that, all their key players didn't just wake up and decide to have a bad game game today. Credit where credit is due, we were pretty decent today and showed plenty of promising signs.

Great post, couldn't agree more

Great post, couldn't agree more

I haven't bounced out the pub in such a good vibe since our L1 days when we scared Manure to death in the Cup.

Like everyone (and I think a lot of the players) I had a deal of trepidation going into the game. We offered no great attacking threat in the 1st half but then in the 2nd we came out in a different gear, and we scared them to death.

The Scousers in the Pub had looks of disbelief on their faces for all the 2nd half. Wasteful finishing or we could have won that.

Wanyama seemed to play a bit higher in the 2nd half and they made Liverpool look like England in the WC.

Tadic looks a real find, clearly still needs to adjust to the pace & build his stamina as does Pelle, but on this performance and with Gardos in and JRod back we could actually turn out BETTER than last year.

That Video #wemarchon got me buzzing, today makes me REALLY hacked off that BeIn won't be showing all the games so we can only get together down the pub about once a month.

We won't need to look over our Shoulders, but the Spuds & Manure may.

I haven't bounced out the pub in such a good vibe since our L1 days when we scared Manure to death in the Cup.

Like everyone (and I think a lot of the players) I had a deal of trepidation going into the game. We offered no great attacking threat in the 1st half but then in the 2nd we came out in a different gear, and we scared them to death.

The Scousers in the Pub had looks of disbelief on their faces for all the 2nd half. Wasteful finishing or we could have won that.

Wanyama seemed to play a bit higher in the 2nd half and they made Liverpool look like England in the WC.

Tadic looks a real find, clearly still needs to adjust to the pace & build his stamina as does Pelle, but on this performance and with Gardos in and JRod back we could actually turn out BETTER than last year.

That Video #wemarchon got me buzzing, today makes me REALLY hacked off that BeIn won't be showing all the games so we can only get together down the pub about once a month.

We won't need to look over our Shoulders, but the Spuds & Manure may.

It's amazing how different people's opinions are on here. FWIW, my opinions are:

Forster: Looked a bit nervous, especially with handling. Kicking was fairly good and helped to switch defence into attack on a couple of occasions. Didn't really make any significant saves of note.

Clyne: Great performance in attack and also provided a great outlet for exchanges of passes in midfield. A little weaker in defence and was slow to respond to Sturridge's movement and lost him for their second goal. For the first goal however, it was Clyne who was left trying to tidy up following Yoshida's failure to deal with Sterling.

Yoshida: Better performance than some he has made for Saints, but was caught out of position for their first goal and contributed to indecision in defence.

Fonte: Generally a good performance.

Bertrand: Better going forward than in defence and combined well with Tadic on a few occasions. Doesn't provide the speed and quality of cross that we had with Shaw, but does seem to be a good passer of the ball. Possible prone to getting caught out of position.

Wanyama: Great tackling and short passes. A rock in front of the defence.

Schneiderlin: On several occasions he was simply too good for anyone else on the pitch, with his ability to turn out of trouble and lay the ball off faultlessly to others. Koeman clearly likes short passes, so his ability to pick out and complete a longer pass was under-utilised.

JWP: Despite the criticisms of some on here, I think this was one of his best performances for Saints. His attempts at goal were audacious and brilliant and he deserved a goal for at least one of them. While he looked a little lightweight at times in the first half, in the second he discovered a confidence to do more with the ball and was a real threat to Liverpool. There were signs that he is beginning to step up the quality of his game, though he needs to work on his accuracy of shooting and passing when half -chances come to him suddenly and when under pressure.

Tadic: An inspiration for much of the game, though did fade a little before he was subbed.

Davis: Worked hard and contributed positively to the team performance. He is never going to set the world alight with amazing flair play, but he is solid and consistent.

Pelle: Better than some have suggested on here. While he didn't always get into enough good positions to score, he worked hard and produced some good knock-downs and was a threat throughout. He is not dissimilar to Lambert and I am sure he will gradually adapt to the English game and once he starts scoring could get a lot of goals for us.

Long: Made a nuisance of himself, but it was hard for him to fit into the team having only just joined on Friday. He will I'm sure provide a biggerthreat as he settles into the Southampton way of playing.

Isgrove: I thought he did really well in the few minutes he was on the pitch and would like to see him getting more opportunities. For me it was a more accomplished performance than that shown by either Reed or Gallagher when they first got their first team bows. He provided an alternative option and threat that gave Liverpool something else to think about. His crossing needs to become more consistent though - some were good, others less good.

It's amazing how different people's opinions are on here. FWIW, my opinions are:

Forster: Looked a bit nervous, especially with handling. Kicking was fairly good and helped to switch defence into attack on a couple of occasions. Didn't really make any significant saves of note.

Clyne: Great performance in attack and also provided a great outlet for exchanges of passes in midfield. A little weaker in defence and was slow to respond to Sturridge's movement and lost him for their second goal. For the first goal however, it was Clyne who was left trying to tidy up following Yoshida's failure to deal with Sterling.

Yoshida: Better performance than some he has made for Saints, but was caught out of position for their first goal and contributed to indecision in defence.

Fonte: Generally a good performance.

Bertrand: Better going forward than in defence and combined well with Tadic on a few occasions. Doesn't provide the speed and quality of cross that we had with Shaw, but does seem to be a good passer of the ball. Possible prone to getting caught out of position.

Wanyama: Great tackling and short passes. A rock in front of the defence.

Schneiderlin: On several occasions he was simply too good for anyone else on the pitch, with his ability to turn out of trouble and lay the ball off faultlessly to others. Koeman clearly likes short passes, so his ability to pick out and complete a longer pass was under-utilised.

JWP: Despite the criticisms of some on here, I think this was one of his best performances for Saints. His attempts at goal were audacious and brilliant and he deserved a goal for at least one of them. While he looked a little lightweight at times in the first half, in the second he discovered a confidence to do more with the ball and was a real threat to Liverpool. There were signs that he is beginning to step up the quality of his game, though he needs to work on his accuracy of shooting and passing when half -chances come to him suddenly and when under pressure.

Tadic: An inspiration for much of the game, though did fade a little before he was subbed.

Davis: Worked hard and contributed positively to the team performance. He is never going to set the world alight with amazing flair play, but he is solid and consistent.

Pelle: Better than some have suggested on here. While he didn't always get into enough good positions to score, he worked hard and produced some good knock-downs and was a threat throughout. He is not dissimilar to Lambert and I am sure he will gradually adapt to the English game and once he starts scoring could get a lot of goals for us.

Long: Made a nuisance of himself, but it was hard for him to fit into the team having only just joined on Friday. He will I'm sure provide a biggerthreat as he settles into the Southampton way of playing.

Isgrove: I thought he did really well in the few minutes he was on the pitch and would like to see him getting more opportunities. For me it was a more accomplished performance than that shown by either Reed or Gallagher when they first got their first team bows. He provided an alternative option and threat that gave Liverpool something else to think about. His crossing needs to become more consistent though - some were good, others less good.

My hopes for the future have been reinforced by this display today.My previous posts were optimistic and against the bed wetters predictions of a real trouncing.I said we could surprise Liverpool and we never gave up. RK said we shouldn't have lost but we did and I'm not too perturbed because the London centric pundits predicted a hammering. Only negative for me is that the 'taters' at times were only seeing one team on the pitch.A couple of times they sounded close to orgasm.How the hell Wanyama wasn't MOM I just cannot believe. Roll on next week.We have a team of grafters and are certainly not afraid of the so called 'big boys'.

COYS

My hopes for the future have been reinforced by this display today.My previous posts were optimistic and against the bed wetters predictions of a real trouncing.I said we could surprise Liverpool and we never gave up. RK said we shouldn't have lost but we did and I'm not too perturbed because the London centric pundits predicted a hammering. Only negative for me is that the 'taters' at times were only seeing one team on the pitch.A couple of times they sounded close to orgasm.How the hell Wanyama wasn't MOM I just cannot believe. Roll on next week.We have a team of grafters and are certainly not afraid of the so called 'big boys'.

COYS

Nearly back from the longest trip of all time and overall I'm happy enough with today.

Plenty of good movement, chances and positive moments on what has been a hellish summer, just such a shame we were undone by Liverpool just taking their two main chances better.

Give them a few more weeks together and we'll be a lot better just knowing where everyone will be.

No idea how any of the players can be slated massively, Davis and the miss and a little bit of day dreaming across the side did mean we missed out on some chances but no one was in anyway bad. Wanyama was motm and tadič looked a real hand full (a more effective Lallana)

Anyway to go into a game expecting a thumping and to come away with our heads held high as we look perfectly capable to playing anyone properly is a great start and we have so much to look forward to!

Nearly back from the longest trip of all time and overall I'm happy enough with today.

Plenty of good movement, chances and positive moments on what has been a hellish summer, just such a shame we were undone by Liverpool just taking their two main chances better.

Give them a few more weeks together and we'll be a lot better just knowing where everyone will be.

No idea how any of the players can be slated massively, Davis and the miss and a little bit of day dreaming across the side did mean we missed out on some chances but no one was in anyway bad. Wanyama was motm and tadič looked a real hand full (a more effective Lallana)

Anyway to go into a game expecting a thumping and to come away with our heads held high as we look perfectly capable to playing anyone properly is a great start and we have so much to look forward to!

Are you comparing Liverpool's performance against us at Anfield or at St Mary's? Their performance against us at St Mary's was certainly sublime and today's performance was not a patch on that. If I remember correctly, however, it came at a time when we were not playing well and we allowed them to play well. Suarez was also at his best at the time, as was Sturridge.

As for their performance against us at Anfield last season, we pretty much completely outplayed them that day. If you are referring to that match then your memory of it seems to have been blurred as Suarez did not play in that game! :)

Are you comparing Liverpool's performance against us at Anfield or at St Mary's? Their performance against us at St Mary's was certainly sublime and today's performance was not a patch on that. If I remember correctly, however, it came at a time when we were not playing well and we allowed them to play well. Suarez was also at his best at the time, as was Sturridge.

As for their performance against us at Anfield last season, we pretty much completely outplayed them that day. If you are referring to that match then your memory of it seems to have been blurred as Suarez did not play in that game! :)

I know its about opinions, but I don't know how you can even mention Yoshida with regard to their first goal. The ball from Henderson was threaded through between Fonte and a fast-retreating Clyne. If Yoshida had been anywhere near that ball then he would have been sacked by the manager for gross incompetence, he was doing his job over the other side of the pitch. Sadly it was a great ball but ultimately it had been the result of a foul on Tadic and a poor attempt at a tackle by Schneiderlin (one that had he been fully fit would have been easy meat for Morgan). Yoshida did make two awful passes in the first half although in both cases we got away with them, but no way was he in any way at fault for their first. Watch the links again.

I know its about opinions, but I don't know how you can even mention Yoshida with regard to their first goal. The ball from Henderson was threaded through between Fonte and a fast-retreating Clyne. If Yoshida had been anywhere near that ball then he would have been sacked by the manager for gross incompetence, he was doing his job over the other side of the pitch. Sadly it was a great ball but ultimately it had been the result of a foul on Tadic and a poor attempt at a tackle by Schneiderlin (one that had he been fully fit would have been easy meat for Morgan). Yoshida did make two awful passes in the first half although in both cases we got away with them, but no way was he in any way at fault for their first. Watch the links again.

This. Yoshida seems to get a lot of grief on this forum when he really didn't do a lot wrong today. No way at fault for either goal yet people seem to want to slaughter him just for being on the pitch. He's a Saint FFS so support him.

This. Yoshida seems to get a lot of grief on this forum when he really didn't do a lot wrong today. No way at fault for either goal yet people seem to want to slaughter him just for being on the pitch. He's a Saint FFS so support him.

Good performance. We should have another decent season if we stay clear of injuries. I am puzzled by our signing of a non shooting striker in Pelle though. Ball at feet, time and space 25 yards out, facing goal, wind behind, lays it off backwards.........

Let him adjust to the game. He's clearly not a non shooting striker given that he scored 57 goals in 60 odd games. Incredible goal scoring statistics which he will replicate at any level, he just needs to adjust. I felt he was much better when there was movement and fluidity in and around him. It will come, certainly with Long, another wide player and the return of Jay. If anything, by Christmas our options up top should look better than last year.

Good performance. We should have another decent season if we stay clear of injuries. I am puzzled by our signing of a non shooting striker in Pelle though. Ball at feet, time and space 25 yards out, facing goal, wind behind, lays it off backwards.........

Let him adjust to the game. He's clearly not a non shooting striker given that he scored 57 goals in 60 odd games. Incredible goal scoring statistics which he will replicate at any level, he just needs to adjust. I felt he was much better when there was movement and fluidity in and around him. It will come, certainly with Long, another wide player and the return of Jay. If anything, by Christmas our options up top should look better than last year.

Back from the game. Plenty of encouraging signs and we created the better chances. Liverpools fans very complimentary about performance, drawing a contrast between our positivity and Chelsea's cynicism last season. Still it will mean nothing if we don't get a result against WBA who we were expected to beat. Being underdogs certainly helped today.

Big difference between this season and last season was Wanyama. The pace was too much for him then. Not the case today as he was an absolute beast. Liverpool seemed to be much slower in the middle of the park. Playing JWP in the hole allowed him to monitor Gerrard and his pîss poor pirlo parody. Interesting to see whether this is a one-off or a sign of things to came on. Only when Allen came on, replacing the lumbering Lucas did they have a bit more joy. Still, our CM remains one of the best in the prem -assuming Morgan stays and knocks off the post-WC rust. That alone should assure why we'll be OK, regardless what happens elsewhere on the pitch.

Really liked Tadic-so precise and ruthless with his touches- nothing is gratuitous. If I'm being critical, it's that his crossing let him down, though we were unlikely to flood the box with JWP our most advanced player after Pelle. Our front players don't seem to have the same licence to roam as under MP; for instance, would love to see Tadic take up some more central positions -perhaps in the role occupied by JWP.

Pelle looked lost for most of the first half - far too stationary. Looked better as he came to the ball more -rather than waiting for it- and got closer to JWP but the jury is out. Also seems reluctant to take on a shot.

Bertrand was very good; more composed than I have seen him. Our play was a bit unbalanced. Most good things went down his side in the first half; but was more quiet in the second half as Clyne provided more impetus. Guess bringing in a winger will allow us to be more balanced in how we use the pitch.

Forster didn't have much to do, though he did make one scary clearance that went straight to a Liverpool player and could have been easily punished. Otherwise, assume he's instructed to be more direct with his distribution.

Yoshida had a decent game, contrary to the booboys claims. Would have been nice to see him and Fonte to push as they frequently emptied the area around the edge of the box, though Sturridge and Sterlings pace had something to do with their backing off.

Lovren invariably got stick, though didn't understand the Lambert love-in. Did seem genuinely touched when he first ran the line; but the chants went on and on, even as we were attacking. Should have left it for the final whistle. At least, Morgan's reception was a bit more mature.

Back from the game. Plenty of encouraging signs and we created the better chances. Liverpools fans very complimentary about performance, drawing a contrast between our positivity and Chelsea's cynicism last season. Still it will mean nothing if we don't get a result against WBA who we were expected to beat. Being underdogs certainly helped today.

Big difference between this season and last season was Wanyama. The pace was too much for him then. Not the case today as he was an absolute beast. Liverpool seemed to be much slower in the middle of the park. Playing JWP in the hole allowed him to monitor Gerrard and his pîss poor pirlo parody. Interesting to see whether this is a one-off or a sign of things to came on. Only when Allen came on, replacing the lumbering Lucas did they have a bit more joy. Still, our CM remains one of the best in the prem -assuming Morgan stays and knocks off the post-WC rust. That alone should assure why we'll be OK, regardless what happens elsewhere on the pitch.

Really liked Tadic-so precise and ruthless with his touches- nothing is gratuitous. If I'm being critical, it's that his crossing let him down, though we were unlikely to flood the box with JWP our most advanced player after Pelle. Our front players don't seem to have the same licence to roam as under MP; for instance, would love to see Tadic take up some more central positions -perhaps in the role occupied by JWP.

Pelle looked lost for most of the first half - far too stationary. Looked better as he came to the ball more -rather than waiting for it- and got closer to JWP but the jury is out. Also seems reluctant to take on a shot.

Bertrand was very good; more composed than I have seen him. Our play was a bit unbalanced. Most good things went down his side in the first half; but was more quiet in the second half as Clyne provided more impetus. Guess bringing in a winger will allow us to be more balanced in how we use the pitch.

Forster didn't have much to do, though he did make one scary clearance that went straight to a Liverpool player and could have been easily punished. Otherwise, assume he's instructed to be more direct with his distribution.

Yoshida had a decent game, contrary to the booboys claims. Would have been nice to see him and Fonte to push as they frequently emptied the area around the edge of the box, though Sturridge and Sterlings pace had something to do with their backing off.

Lovren invariably got stick, though didn't understand the Lambert love-in. Did seem genuinely touched when he first ran the line; but the chants went on and on, even as we were attacking. Should have left it for the final whistle. At least, Morgan's reception was a bit more mature.

Good summary. Agree that Tadic looks like he could cause havoc in a central role just off the striker.

Not a pacy wide player but more of a clever type. Would do well inside.

JWP better second half when he made some positive runs with and without the ball. His technique is unquestionable so would be great to see him add some genuine attacking intent to his game.

Good summary. Agree that Tadic looks like he could cause havoc in a central role just off the striker.

Not a pacy wide player but more of a clever type. Would do well inside.

JWP better second half when he made some positive runs with and without the ball. His technique is unquestionable so would be great to see him add some genuine attacking intent to his game.

Cheers for the honest insight SHerlock, do you think Morgan was not match fit or was his mind not in it.

Cheers for the honest insight SHerlock, do you think Morgan was not match fit or was his mind not in it.

I thought he played very well considering he hasnt had a friendly and only played once since May.

He is so classy on the ball, you can see why any PL team would want him.

As Shurlock said, with him our centre midfield is up there, I would say the best apart from the top 5/6.

I thought he played very well considering he hasnt had a friendly and only played once since May.

He is so classy on the ball, you can see why any PL team would want him.

As Shurlock said, with him our centre midfield is up there, I would say the best apart from the top 5/6.