Saints vs WBA Build Up Thread

nta786

For those who cba to find Lawro's prediction:

"Like Palace and West Ham, here are two more teams who played well last weekend but were a bit unlucky.

West Brom played all the football against Sunderland but ended up sharing the points.

And I was very impressed by Southampton despite their defeat by Liverpool. Saints were solid defensively and carried a real threat going forward.

On that showing, it did not look like they were missing all the players who left over the summer. They still looked like a team, not a collection of individuals - which I thought they might be because of their turnover of players over the summer.

My only reservation about Southampton is how many goals they have got in them - I know they have signed Shane Long and Graziano Pelle this summer but, unless they strengthen further, I am not sure they will be as strong up front as they are in other areas.

It is the same for West Brom. They are competitive in all areas but how they do up front is what will decide whether they have another season struggling to stay up.

So the pressure is on their new £10m striker Brown Ideye to deliver when he makes his competitive debut.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0"

We can make a pretty solid guess they will defend in depth and try to hit us on the break with Berahino.

So we don't go all out attack. Patient game, keep the shape, nick a 1-0 second half.

I'm not so convinced that's what they'll do, balance of probability is that they will be cautious in a first away of the season though.

We could go all out attack or take our time, they'll be trying to counter us anyway, and we'll still have Yoshida watching the ball sail over his head and not being able to get back and affect play either way - at least he won't be chasing Lukaku this time. All about where our full backs are when they break and whether the defensive midfielder(s) in front of them are bypassed or able to stop the ball getting played in behind at source.

Just Berahino or Berahino and Anichebe?

What's the W D L record of these lucky pants? How significant an impact will they have?

These are my second pair of lucky pants, i wore the others out.... But so far W=3 D= 4 L=3 I know it doesn't look good on paper, they are going through a rough patch, and so maybe they are only marginally lucky.... at the moment

My friend has been at De Vere hotel in town today having spa day and she just called me up excited at seeing Pelle in there having lunch with his girlfriend, although she said they both look rather miserable. She's just in white dressing gown at moment contemplating asking for a pic but her daughter and friend telling her not to as embarrassing, I told her to do it. Thought strange he there though would have thought be training today.

These are my second pair of lucky pants, i wore the others out.... But so far W=3 D= 4 L=3 I know it doesn't look good on paper, they are going through a rough patch, and so maybe they are only marginally lucky.... at the moment

Never wash them. Skid marks = good luck.

My friend has been at De Vere hotel in town today having spa day and she just called me up excited at seeing Pelle in there having lunch with his girlfriend, although she said they both look rather miserable. She's just in white dressing gown at moment contemplating asking for a pic but her daughter and friend telling her not to as embarrassing, I told her to do it. Thought strange he there though would have thought be training today.

I'm always surprised at how little fans care about the actual working hours of professional footballers. I'm sure someone out there can confirm the expected working hours for training on a regular "no mideweek game" week, when they do the video analysis, level of training activity each day, etc.?

I worry that our defence looks incredibly vulnerable to the counter and even more so as we try to find the right blend and balance in the final third - as our moves break down due to a lack of understanding that counter will continue to be available for the opposition. May be a while before we get it right and not much we can do about it - it's just an unfortunate circumstance of so much change.

I worry that our defence looks incredibly vulnerable to the counter and even more so as we try to find the right blend and balance in the final third - as our moves break down due to a lack of understanding that counter will continue to be available for the opposition. May be a while before we get it right and not much we can do about it - it's just an unfortunate circumstance of so much change.

Or lack of change, in the case of Yoshida. Not sure we have too much to worry about if Liverpool can't catch us on the break, it will depend on how adventurous Koeman wants to be in trying to win it.

And the White steel roof support struts have been power washed cleaned at last, so looking brand spanking new all bright and shiny! (thats what the cherry picker in the photo is for). Hope my seat has been cleaned as well then if all these lucky pants are around…..

Batman - not sure that is actually the case. West Ham, cardiff (at home), villa and others parked the bus and we struggled to break them down as they negated our pressing style and we had no plan B

of course we cant win every game

and of course, we had a plan B

Predicted team:

....................................Forster............................................

...Clyne............Fonte...................Yoshida/Gardos..........Bertrand

......................Morgan.................Wanyama.................................

......................................JWP..................................................

...Tadic....................................................................Long...........

..................................... Pelle..................................

Predicted team:

....................................Forster............................................

......................Morgan.................Wanyama.................................

......................................JWP..................................................

...Tadic....................................................................Long...........

That looks a well balanced side.

Predicted team:

Maybe with Tadic and Long swapped over.The team is reasonably easy to pick, the only selection dilemmas are in AM, between JWP, Steve Davis and

And the White steel roof support struts have been power washed cleaned at last, so looking brand spanking new all bright and shiny! (thats what the cherry picker in the photo is for). Hope my seat has been cleaned as well then if all these lucky pants are around…..

I hope that they have remembered to power wash the top of the extending canvas tunnel as well as that is always filthy and in plain view of everyone in the corporate boxes and director's area.

I think you need to sell for a profit, then get a younger, cheaper Dutch pair...

....................................Forster....................................

...Clyne............Fonte................Yoshida/Gardos..........Bertrand

......................................JWP.........

..............Tadic.......................................Taider...

..................................... Long..................................

Pelle needs time and Taider might give us a bit more pace. The front 4 can also swap about abit.

This is a significant occasion for me. Now that my daughter has moved back into the area I have all seven grandchildren living nearby and tomorrow will be the first Saints game for two of them. I'm also taking my eldest grandson who's 11 (I think). Let's hope for a good solid win to set them on their careers. I suspect good old grandad will also be forking out for some shirts and stuff too :)