Francis Benali's Big Run

Norm

• 2 weeks later...

Request From Le Tiss

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7 · Aug 31

Lets get #benalisbigrun trending. Hes 8 days in to this incredible challenge RT the hell out of this to get him noticed @Benalisbigrun GO!!!

For those of you on twitter, got to be worth a retweet

Incredible feat if he pulls it off.

Good luck Franny

You can catch up on Franny's progress by following these video blogs.

BLOG 1 :

BLOG 2 :

BLOG 3 :

BLOG 4 :

BLOG 5 :

Franny is definitely starting to hit the pain barrier but is nearly halfway through after running 35 - 50 miles every single day.

I know that there is a lot of shout outs for charitable donations these days but Franny is taking on a mammoth challenge and deserves as much support as we can give him.

Please Text "BIGR55 £3" to 70070 to donate £3 or replace £3 with amount you wish to donate or you can visit the website http://www.benalisbigrun.co.uk to make a just giving donation.

Why is this not a sticky and why does it not have more posts? A true club legend, fundraising for a cause that nearly everyone on this forum would have been affected by in one way or another...

Everyone should get behind the man and give him all the support we can (even if it's only 50p)

Why is this not a sticky and why does it not have more posts? A true club legend, fundraising for a cause that nearly everyone on this forum would have been affected by in one way or another...

Everyone should get behind the man and give him all the support we can (even if it's only 50p)

Because everyone seems more transfixed with old players and old managers, talking in circles.

i donated last nights so I can watch Franny come home at the Newcastle game with a clear conscience.

this guy is genuinely a legend, not just because of his desire and love of playing for us, not because he said that he would play for anyone if he had, except Pompey, he,s a legend because he is genuinely a really top guy. Met him plenty of times, always chats, always seems genuinely interested in what you are saying not just going through the motions etc. top bloke, severely hot Mrs, for people of my age anyway (the first wag I remember, had a major crush on Karen) and out of respect I won't comment on his daughter!

please donate what you can, even if it's 50p, cracking cause for a cracking mush.

This should be a sticky Mr Grant, if your forum football team requests are worth that, or Turkish trying to tell us how right he was, blah, blah, ****ing blah, then what this guy is doing, under our name basically, then I can't se why you can't promote this cause?

This should be a sticky Mr Grant, if your forum football team requests are worth that, or Turkish trying to tell us how right he was, blah, blah, ****ing blah, then what this guy is doing, under our name basically, then I can't se why you can't promote this cause?

Have to agree Mods - Certainly worthy of a sticky

Will he finish at SMS? Would be good if it was a match day.

Also any chance of a bit of guest posting Franny?

Keep going bud.

Yeah he finishes just in time for the Newcastle game, I think over the next week you'll start seeing sky sports news pick this up.

Fair play to him for doing that, if struggle with one day of what he's been doing.

More importantly can we get a Decent song going for him when he arrives.

Yeah he finishes just in time for the Newcastle game, I think over the next week you'll start seeing sky sports news pick this up.

Fair play to him for doing that, if struggle with one day of what he's been doing.

More importantly can we get a Decent song going for him when he arrives.

Thats a good shout, not my strong point but here goes;

Benali, whoooooaa, Benali

As true as a Saint can be

He ****ing hates Pompey

Benali, whoooooa, Benali

i think you know that tune, maybe our own Leornard Cohen can contribute.... Turkish to to the main board please.

Just looked on his website. Says about £42,000 donated so far. That's a little disappointing, isn't it? His target is a million.

It looks it initially but apparently the sponsorship goes up as he nears the end, though you have to say a million looks miles away, maybe it was an optimistic target perhaps?

he had a tough day yesterday, see Echo (fair play to their coverage) but really Matty should be using his influence at Sky to get this cause promoted.

Benali, whoooooaa, Benali

As true as a Saint can be

He ****ing hates Pompey

Benali, whoooooa, Benali

Was hoping that one disappeared with Cortese (don't think Franny would appreciate sharing a song with the Don).

Just simply "Benali, Benali, Benali..." continually as he goes round the pitch would he him a massive lift. The TV cameras will be following him round so any 'obscene' language will just ruin the moment.

Good luck Franny, hopefully every Saints fan will donate.

Just donated myself. Not seen any coverage of this on mainstream news channels, either local news or sports news. Bit disappointed that with Alan Shearer on the MOTD/Football Focus sofas, and Le Tiss in the "Sky Sports News HQ" studio every Saturday that we've not seen more attention to what will be a first in sporting terms. We had loads of coverage last season on the BBC when Robbie Goldilocks Savage and Alan Shearer were sitting on every seat at Wembley. Surely running 1000 miles in 21 days is more of a physical achievement.

Talking of Shearer and Le Tiss, at least Matty managed to run a shortish distance with Franny, at least according to the Burnley to Man U video blog. Quite disappointed that Shearer, who must surely be fitter than Le Tiss, didn't manage to run from St James' Park to the Stadium of Light, perhaps he has an injury?

Just donated myself. Not seen any coverage of this on mainstream news channels, either local news or sports news. Bit disappointed that with Alan Shearer on the MOTD/Football Focus sofas, and Le Tiss in the "Sky Sports News HQ" studio every Saturday that we've not seen more attention to what will be a first in sporting terms. We had loads of coverage last season on the BBC when Robbie Goldilocks Savage and Alan Shearer were sitting on every seat at Wembley. Surely running 1000 miles in 21 days is more of a physical achievement.

Talking of Shearer and Le Tiss, at least Matty managed to run a shortish distance with Franny, at least according to the Burnley to Man U video blog. Quite disappointed that Shearer, who must surely be fitter than Le Tiss, didn't manage to run from St James' Park to the Stadium of Light, perhaps he has an injury?

This

There should be daily updates on SSN showing his progress and which ground he's reached. There's interest there for fans of all premier league clubs but they don't appear to have covered this at all.

Because all people seem to care about these days is doing a look at me, look at me ice bucket challenge video in the name of what is a horirble condition that affects very few people (if they even donate at all).

Dontaed to Franny cause already, he deserves more so please help if you can afford to.

I am so in awe of what Franny is doing. Watching his son's latest video did concern me and I hope Franny is going to be able complete his journey. Top man!

I found watching that rather difficult.

Edited by Norm