Millwall 0 Saints 2

Batman

MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Millwall (League Cup Rnd 2 Away 2014/15)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Yoshida
    • Fonte
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Isgrove
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Tadic
    • Cork
    • Ramirez

have to win really.

need to get this team feel what it is like to win a competitive game together

to get them to gel more and after the fuss of going out of the cups last season...

I think we will win

3-1 to saints

my team

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Gardos

Bertrand

Morgan

Vic

Taider

Long/Isgrove

Pelle

Tadic

Davis

Yoshida

targett

Davis

JWP

Cork

Isgrove/long

We need to give a few players game minutes imo, so i'd make changes. Going to be a tough game. When the draw came out i thought, damn we're set up to be one of the prem teams to get knocked out. Really hope we can step up and get a result.

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Gardos

Targett

Cork

Morgan

Taider

Isgrove

Pelle

Reed

Pochettino used the league cup to play a second string side so it will be interesting to see if Koeman takes a different approach. A side that is close to the first XI would be logical as an opportunity to continue to gel together but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives a start to one or two who have been on the bench for the League games. Long and Gallagher, as well as Gardos if fit.

I would rest Clyne, Wanyama, Tadic and Forster as we don't have any real cover for them and they are key players. It would also be good for Gardos to play.

So I would pick:

Davis (i assume Boruc will be at home)

Cork, Gardos, Yoshida, Bertrand,

Schneiderlin

Taider, Ward- Prowse

Long, Pelle, Isgrove

Bench: Forster, Font, Stephens, Davis, McQueen, Mayuka, Reed

Disagree, especially after that performance other players need a chance to show what they can do & playing same team saturday, tuesday, saturday isn't wise imo.

It is when there is a week's break afterwards. We actually also don't have that many options at the moment. Keep the same team, except start with Long instead of Davis or JWP. Nothing else makes any logical sense at this stage. Team needs time together and this is the ideal opportunity with a break looming.

I think we should play something pretty close to our first choice team. For our major signings it's still pre season. Pelle, Long and Tadic could all do with a Saints goal in a competitive match.

Seems pointless to chuck out second stringers against a decent team when our first string remains hardly formed.

We'll lose, only the mickey mouse cup though so who gives a flying f**k?

Well, I do. I think drooling over the irrelevancy of finishing eighth, ninth, fourteenth is far more Mickey Mouse than wanting to win only our second major trophy in one hundred effing years.

I'd like to see Taider play and Long start. Apart fro that same as Saturday.

Have never understood this arrogant "it's a mickey mouse cup" attitude. Like we've won so many trophies we can afford to be dismissive ... Er

I ordered tickets on Thursday morning. Still no sign of them. It is a bank holiday tomorrow, so no post. They better come on Tuesday. Anyone is the same position? Has anyone who ordered on Thursday got their tickets?

Had to change my on line order by phone on Thursday. Received tickets Saturday afternoon.

Does anybody know if we can pay on the day?

Tickets can still be purchased online and collected at St Mary's.

For anyone who misses out, tickets will also be available from The Den ahead of the match, which kicks off at 7.45pm.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2482014-last-chance-for-millwall-tickets-1863762.aspx#e2OeouJP2t5AdZ1r.99

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2482014-last-chance-for-millwall-tickets-1863762.aspx

I'm in London already so if I do go I'll be paying when I get there. As it's league cup it's hardly going to be a sell-out isn't it?

Hope we keep the changes down to 3 or 4 at most, perhaps play Taider and Gardos (if Gardos is fit). Also, give Long a game at CF in place of Pelle and play Isgrove on the wing.

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Gardos(if fit)/Yoshida

Bertrand

Wanyama

Taider

JWP

Tadic

Long

Isgrove

Subs: KD, Pelle, Morgan, Reed, Stephens, Targett, Davis

-------------Davis--------------

Clyne Gardos Yoshida Bertrand

-----------Wanyama-------------

------Cork---------Taider-------

--Long-------Pelle-----Isgrove---

Academy boys plus Tadic on the bench, minutes for Reed and Targett if all's well in the second half. Don't know whether Gardos and Yoshida are worth putting together but I'd like to see Gardos get some minutes before his PL debut.

Edited by DuncanRG

-------------Davis--------------

Clyne Gardos Yoshida Bertrand

-----------Wanyama-------------

------Cork---------Taider-------

--Long-------Pelle-----Isgrove---

Academy boys plus Tadic on the bench, minutes for Reed and Targett if all's well in the second half. Don't know whether Gardos and Yoshida are worth putting together but I'd like to see Gardos get some minutes before his PL debut.

I'd go along with this, but isn't Gardos still getting over a hamstring? Millwall aren't the ideal side to test out a recent injury imho, and they will be right up for this one.

He was on the bench for West Brom so I assume he's over that and just working to full match fitness/getting used to the team. The rough and tumble is more a question for Pelle/Taider/Tadic than defenders anyway, Millwall aren't as tough as they used to be and don't play a bruiser up front as far as I'm aware.

He was on the bench for West Brom so I assume he's over that and just working to full match fitness/getting used to the team. The rough and tumble is more a question for Pelle/Taider/Tadic than defenders anyway, Millwall aren't as tough as they used to be and don't play a bruiser up front as far as I'm aware.

Our friend Ricardo Fuller plays for them up front as does another ex-Saint Scott McDonald!