Pelle

Aziz Yebda

Thank god we have you around to put everybody right with your natural talent to identify which players are going to do well

In that first game Pelle played like a ****. Thankfully he played well on Saturday but lets see how he gets on up against some of the big boys.

As you point out it takes time to gel. Well we shall see about Pelle.

Is the jury still out for you Bronco?

pelle or balotelli?

balotelli is in a different stratosphere in terms of natural talent, shocking temperament and work ethic though! that kind of player would never fit in at saints, osvaldo was bad enough! hypothetically do you think osvaldo and pelle would work well together?........ shudder

Interesting that people like to put a downer on Pelle for having easy goals in the Eredivisie but the same accusation is not levelled at Zlatan for scoring so freely in Ligue 1. On balance I would have thought overall that Ligue 1 was probably weaker than the Eredivisie. LvG was saying a short while back that Eredivisie was the equal to Serie A!!!!!

Interesting that people like to put a downer on Pelle for having easy goals in the Eredivisie but the same accusation is not levelled at Zlatan for scoring so freely in Ligue 1. On balance I would have thought overall that Ligue 1 was probably weaker than the Eredivisie. LvG was saying a short while back that Eredivisie was the equal to Serie A!!!!!

Zlatan has done it in major leagues across Europe. Pelle's failure to score goals anywhere other than Holland meant there had to be question marks.

Fair play to Pelle, he is doing the business in the premier league so far. Looks like he may just be a late developer and we have a real find

Bit late to the party but have we not considered "for he's a jolly good fellow' as the basis for a song?

Oh Graziano Pelle

oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

He's gonna score a goal [clap clap]

Oh Graziano Pelle

oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

He's gone and scored a goal [clap clap]

Oh Graziano Pelle

oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

He's gonna score again [clap clap]

Etc...

Easy to learn, easy to sing, clapping bits for those who does sing, etc..

Was thinking of it's getting better all the time by Shed Seven for his chant?

oh Pelles scoring all the time

he got the goals to make us fly

he will score for you

popped into my head this evening, thought it might work and a bit more original than most

I like that a lot.

Someone must have done this already, but to the tune of Oh My God, Kaiser Chiefs...

OMG, I can't believe it, Graziano Pelles gone and scored again.

(I said) OMG, I can't believe it, Graziano Pelles gone and scored again.

LvG likes to speak highly about dutch tactics and the tactical skills the avarage dutch players and managers have and he may have a point there (especially when you hear english managers like Redknapp or Rodgers talking about football) but saying that the Eredivisie is equal to the Serie A is rubbish. The Ligue 1 is also a stronger competition than the Eredivisie, the avarage wage in the Eredivisie is 206K so you can understand that better players are looking elsewhere... The enormous salary gap between the Eredivisie and the other european competitions can't be closed with tactical skills only so there's why dutch clubs are playing minor roles in the Champions League and Uefa League where they used to be key players in the past. On the other hand: as a dutchman I prefer the Eredivisie over the Serie A, Ligue 1 and regularly over the PL too. Why? Because dutch managers ususally try to figure out how their team can win instead of thinking how to prevent a loss... It makes the game so much more fun to watch, like Johan Cruyff says: "you have to shoot, otherwise you can't score..." :D

I can't imagine Pelle scoring the way he did in the Eredivisie, with Feyenoord the whole team played in his service and that won't happen at Saints. But I'm convinced that he will adjust to the pace of the PL and 15 or 16 goals this season sounds reasonable if he stays fit. Besides, defenders in the PL are better than those in the Eredivisie but all in all, they're not that good either. One more thing: I get the impression that many Saints fans are only looking for his goals but they should also have an eye for his participation in the set up of an attack. Pelle is able to hold the ball while his teammates are getting in position and he can deliver the right pass at the right time (sorry, can't find the english word for "steekbal" :?).

Stole some bits from others- but surely it should be to the tune of "it's now or never"

Graziano Pelle

From Italy

Southampton's number 19

He'll take us to the champions league

Graziano Pelle

Our goal machine.

Best yet. by a long way....

Stole some bits from others- but surely it should be to the tune of "it's now or never"

Graziano Pelle

From Italy

Southampton's number 19

He'll take us to the champions league

Graziano Pelle

Our goal machine.

Brilliant, it is unique but has simple lyrics and fits, hopefully this can get spread around and get going at games!

Here's a possible song for G.P that was posted a few weeks ago:

Ohhhhh Graziano

Italiano

From Feyenoord

Came to Southampton for the rickie lambert role.

Stick it in the box and he'll score‪ a fookin goal!

Ohhhhhh Graziano..

Mix of a few I've seen suggested so far...

LvG likes to speak highly about dutch tactics and the tactical skills the avarage dutch players and managers have and he may have a point there (especially when you hear english managers like Redknapp or Rodgers talking about football) but saying that the Eredivisie is equal to the Serie A is rubbish. The Ligue 1 is also a stronger competition than the Eredivisie, the avarage wage in the Eredivisie is 206K so you can understand that better players are looking elsewhere... The enormous salary gap between the Eredivisie and the other european competitions can't be closed with tactical skills only so there's why dutch clubs are playing minor roles in the Champions League and Uefa League where they used to be key players in the past. On the other hand: as a dutchman I prefer the Eredivisie over the Serie A, Ligue 1 and regularly over the PL too. Why? Because dutch managers ususally try to figure out how their team can win instead of thinking how to prevent a loss... It makes the game so much more fun to watch, like Johan Cruyff says: "you have to shoot, otherwise you can't score..." :D

I can't imagine Pelle scoring the way he did in the Eredivisie, with Feyenoord the whole team played in his service and that won't happen at Saints. But I'm convinced that he will adjust to the pace of the PL and 15 or 16 goals this season sounds reasonable if he stays fit. Besides, defenders in the PL are better than those in the Eredivisie but all in all, they're not that good either. One more thing: I get the impression that many Saints fans are only looking for his goals but they should also have an eye for his participation in the set up of an attack. Pelle is able to hold the ball while his teammates are getting in position and he can deliver the right pass at the right time (sorry, can't find the english word for "steekbal" :?).

Interesting post but the bit red is not, I think, the right impression a lot of us have been very taken with his link up play and work off the ball.

Bit late to the party but have we not considered "for he's a jolly good fellow' as the basis for a song?

Oh Graziano Pelle

oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

oh Graziano Pelle

Oh Graziano Pelle

Etc...

Easy to learn, easy to sing, clapping bits for those who does sing, etc..

Jeez.....there are some real talented people on here.

the song we sang in Rotterdam for our hero Graziano:

this song i mean

(after second of 25)

(beginning)

on the 18 oktober i'll fly in from holland with my daughter. Lover to sing it with you. You can recognize us , we have a large Pelle italian flag with us.

6 days and we are in st Mary's! With our Pelle flag and song! Where to sing in before the game? We are flying in on saturday morning.

6 days and we are in st Mary's! With our Pelle flag and song! Where to sing in before the game? We are flying in on saturday morning.

I hope you enjoy your trip to St Mary's my friend. As a guest of the club you'll be fine, however you do need to be aware that The atmosphere at St Mary's will be like no other you have experienced. St Mary's is a real cauldron of hate, a venomous, poisonous atmosphere where opposition players and fans are often beaten before they take to the pitch. Southampton is also home for one of the most notorious football firms in Europe, the DEF as they are known or to give them their full name the Dell Elite Force, taking their name from the Dell, our old ground and their inspirational leader who goes by the terrace name Del Bianco, one of Europes deadliest men. The DEF are a hand picked mob of battle hardened warriors who have earned their reputation on its terraces, ably supported by our youth firms that strike fear into the hearts of the pubs and terraces up and down the country. Enjoy your trip but just remember 'not even god can stop the DEF'

I hope you enjoy your trip to St Mary's my friend. As a guest of the club you'll be fine, however you do need to be aware that The atmosphere at St Mary's will be like no other you have experienced. St Mary's is a real cauldron of hate, a venomous, poisonous atmosphere where opposition players and fans are often beaten before they take to the pitch. Southampton is also home for one of the most notorious football firms in Europe, the DEF as they are known or to give them their full name the Dell Elite Force, taking their name from the Dell, our old ground and their inspirational leader who goes by the terrace name Del Bianco, one of Europes deadliest men. The DEF are a hand picked mob of battle hardened warriors who have earned their reputation on its terraces, ably supported by our youth firms that strike fear into the hearts of the pubs and terraces up and down the country. Enjoy your trip but just remember 'not even god can stop the DEF'

Oh you... you ickle tyke!