The Former Saints Players Thread

Turkish

Selected comments from Liverpool board "Lovren looked poor......doesn't look like he tracks back...Agger is better.....Lovren constantly pulls out defense out of shape, ball watching all the time..". I'm only on page 2 of the post match post mortem and I'm Lovren it.

Selected comments from Liverpool board "Lovren looked poor......doesn't look like he tracks back...Agger is better.....Lovren constantly pulls out defense out of shape, ball watching all the time..". I'm only on page 2 of the post match post mortem and I'm Lovren it.

Link? I need a chuckle!

A selection of quotes

Is Lovren an improvement on Agger? Not a chance, said it at the time we were spending 20m without improving. He wasn't the player we needed.

We don`t have a single elite defender. It`s a huge problem going forward for us.

Lovren out of position and partly at fault for all 3 goals. Absolutely ****ing diabolical performance.

Lovren was quite poor tactically, hoping it was just the occasion and not a sign of his ability.

Lovren has a bad night

Lovren got caught out a few times, he's supposed to be commanding the back 4 and holding the line. But he seemed to be the one who was too forward.

Third goal clear failure by Lovren I'm afraid.

Lovern is average. Asleep for the last two goals.

Mignolet - 5 (wasn't at fault)

Johnson - 3

Skrtel - 6

Lovren - 3

Moreno - 6

Gerrard - 4

Henderson - 5

Allen - 5

Sterling - 6

Coutinho - 5

Sturridge - 7

Ultimately the best quote..

"Oh **** off making judgements on a signing after 2 games. Ridiculous. I expected it, but still ridiculous"

Its almost like this board isnt the only internet fans forum that jumps to conclusions

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke...

Liverpool can chuck all the money they want at that back four but until they start defending better as a team they're going to continue shipping goals like that. Made me laugh the commentators going on about gerrard's goals and assists from last season, last time I checked he's meant to be playing defensive-midfield.

Lovren was highly criticised by the Lyon fans, Fonte marshalled the back four with him and he excelled, now he is without his leader he is looking a shadow.

Who is Liverpool's leader at the back, did they pay the money for it to be him? Could the bizarrely unfashionable Fonte be the key ingredient here?

I think gerrard will hold them back this year

he will never be dropped and the are creating this English 'Pirlo' role for him at liverpool.

which means he needs to more midfielders near him to do all the running.

Agreed.

Not that I care, but they'll win f**k all with him in that role ... They could actually do with Mo..........

Lovren was highly criticised by the Lyon fans, Fonte marshalled the back four with him and he excelled, now he is without his leader he is looking a shadow.

Who is Liverpool's leader at the back, did they pay the money for it to be him? Could the bizarrely unfashionable Fonte be the key ingredient here?

Might just have stumbled on to something...

Excellent point. His improvement over last season may well be what's helping our defence with Yosh in atm, as both are doing well so far this season. Could well be that you have hit the nail on the head.

Money needed to go on a solid midfield platform, instead they have a bloated squad of attackers and a midfield that will get dominated in a hell of a lot of games.

Don't give them ideas - before you know it they'll come knocking for Morgan...

LOL at Lambert, still not scored. Will his ass even make the bench for their next game now that Balotelli is there?

....his inital shot was deflected, and this caused the own goal. RL was still a bigger threat in the last 10 minutes than S&S were for most of the game.

But as this thread is entitled " Lovren ", I think his " success " last season was mainly due to his partnership with Fonte. With " no disrespect " to Boruc, they helped keep 9 clean sheets together.

Of course, (like many other players) he is new to his club, but time will tell if he can DAJF them (as he did for Saints).