West Ham build up

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

A winnable game, IMO, particularly with them having gone to pens and lost last night. A goal for Pelle yesterday will hopefully do him the world of good and a win could give the team that extra bit of confidence, even if it was only against a Championship side fielding some reserves. Will also be interesting to see if we have any additional personnel on board before the game too...

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

A winnable game' date=' IMO, particularly with them having gone to pens and lost last night. A goal for Pelle yesterday will hopefully do him the world of good and a win could give the team that extra bit of confidence, even if it was only against a Championship side fielding some reserves. Will also be interesting to see if we have any additional personnel on board before the game too...[/quote']

I'd take a draw. I'm sure someone will point out if I'm wrong, but we always seem to struggle up there.

We simply HAVE to win....only because I have a West Ham supporting "mate" that has been giving me grief all bloody summer about our problems. After everything he has said, about how shiiiite our team is etc etc, it would be highly gratifying to get 3 points off them.

I also hate Fat Sam, their fans, their stadium, their players, their playing style and the stupid notion that they have "The Academy".

But, more importantly, they are all a bunch of w4nker5.

We simply HAVE to win....only because I have a West Ham supporting "mate" that has been giving me grief all bloody summer about our problems. After everything he has said, about how shiiiite our team is etc etc, it would be highly gratifying to get 3 points off them.

I also hate Fat Sam, their fans, their stadium, their players, their playing style and the stupid notion that they have "The Academy".

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm sensing dislike for West Ham...

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I'm sensing dislike for West Ham...

Have to agree with Marsdinho.

I have never met a WHam fan that hasn't been a D1ck. Varying degrees of d1ck-ness but they have all, without exception, been d1cks

Not all their fans are dicks! Russel Brand and Frankie Coccozza are pussies. And Big Sam is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a ****, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes.

Not all their fans are dicks! Russel Brand and Frankie Coccozza are pussies. And Big Sam is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a ****, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes.

:)

Having not met either of these two myself I can't be sure. However from what little I have seen of them on TV both of these two are in fact complete dicks.

Finally some sense is posted. Good post Tokes.

Wanyama has been our best player in both games to date... now you want to drop him... :mcinnes:

But not last night hence he was subbed for Cork which changed the whole game for the better. We have an issue that in general big Vic equals better defensive performance and Jack Cork equals better going forward while moving the ball quicker as we are going to play Getitinthemixerham I'd plump for Vic but I'm not sure he should be automatically first name on the team sheet against every team.

Wanyama has been our best player in both games to date... now you want to drop him... :mcinnes:

It's a tough one, but we definitely looked better second half last night when we swapped Vic for Cork and Vic made two horrendous passes end of the first half that could have cost us goals against a better side.

But not last night hence he was subbed for Cork which changed the whole game for the better. We have an issue that in general big Vic equals better defensive performance and Jack Cork equals better going forward while moving the ball quicker as we are going to play Getitinthemixerham I'd plump for Vic but I'm not sure he should be automatically first name on the team sheet against every team.

I would agree we don't necessarily need Wanyama against lower division teams.. but in the EPL I think he needs to be In.. we look defensively much better with the beast in front of the back four

We need to start this game the same as we did second half of last night, only with Morgan and Vic back in to win the midfield battles. Whatever RK changed in attack it worked, so same again please. Bring Gaston on if we're looking for a goal, but don't leave it too late like Poch did in this game last season! 2-1 down Ramirez changed the game completely but it was too late and we were unlucky not to equalise

I would agree we don't necessarily need Wanyama against lower division teams.. but in the EPL I think he needs to be In.. we look defensively much better with the beast in front of the back four

I disagree. Last saturday is a game where Corks faster moving of the ball would have been more use than Vics defending against a team little interested in

attacking............. in less your calling Westbrom a lower division team;)

I disagree. Last saturday is a game where Corks faster moving of the ball would have been more use than Vics defending against a team little interested in

Fine... agree to disagree.. on the positive side, we have options in midfield for Koeman to choose from... not so in other areas, especially offensively.. would like to see a team with both Tadic and Ramirez to see if we create more openings for Pelle.

Disagree totally - Wanyama was very good against West Brom and more than OK last night. Cork played well when he came on but the HT turnaround was as much due to the change in tactics -Long and Pelle in a virtual 4-4-2 should never be tried again or at least they need to be closer together- and our superior quality and match fitness.

Needless to say, you're pointing fingers at the wrong players: why drop Wanyama? Surely it's the responsibility of Davis/JWP who have more creative licence to make something happen. Are both really needed against lower or more defensive opposition?

Disagree totally - Wanyama was very good against West Brom and more than OK last night. Cork played well when he came on but the HT turnaround was as much due to the change in tactics -Long and Pelle in a virtual 4-4-2 should never be tried again or at least they need to be closer together- and our superior quality and match fitness.

Needless to say, you're pointing fingers at the wrong players: why drop Wanyama? Surely it's the responsibility of Davis/JWP who have more creative licence to make something happen. Are both really needed against lower or more defensive opposition?

Don't disagree would like to see Gaston given ago in place of JWP behind Pelle TBH.

As for pointing the finger at the wrong player I don't believe so. Morgan will never get dropped so that leaves Vic or Jack as the other DM with Jack we play better football IMO but Vic gives us better denfesive cover horses for courses. People talk like we have to play one or the other all season I don't see why we can't change depending on the oppostion. Like I said I'd play Vic against westham but at home I'd more inclined to play Jack becuase we seem to move the ball faster and with more purpose when Cork plays.

I think we need to start with Pelle and Long to give them as much chance as possible of forming a decent partnership up front. I also think its time to give Gardos a crack of the whip, assuming he's now 100% fit. And sticking my neck out that we'll have a 'new winger' in time to feature. So, I'd go for...

Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Gardos - Bertrand

Cork/Morgan* - Wanyama

JWP - Long - Tadic

Pelle

Subs: K Davis, Targett, Yoshida, Cork/Reed*, S Davis, Taider, Ramirez, New Winger

*Dependent on the current whereabouts of Morgan's head

All of which highlights we're missing another 'centre forward' to come off the bench (assuming Gallagher is still injured)

Don't disagree would like to see Gaston given ago in place of JWP behind Pelle TBH.

As for pointing the finger at the wrong player I don't believe so. Morgan will never get dropped so that leaves Vic or Jack as the other DM with Jack we play better football IMO but Vic gives us better denfesive cover horses for courses. People talk like we have to play one or the other all season I don't see why we can't change depending on the oppostion. Like I said I'd play Vic against westham but at home I'd more inclined to play Jack becuase we seem to move the ball faster and with more purpose when Cork plays.

Gaston is rumoured to be on his way out, all over Marca this morning, a colleague brought it to my attention.

Gaston is rumoured to be on his way out, all over Marca this morning, a colleague brought it to my attention.

Just saw that on the rumours thread. We'd be pretty mad to let anyone (bar Jos) go now so close to the window closing IMO. I'd give Gaston one last season to try and prove himself we are hardly blessed with creative players right now.

This depends entirely on which West Ham team shows up. They played well against Palace and Spurs, but if last season's tactics make a reappearance (as they seemed to in the cup) then I'd be disappointed with a point.

I don't think we can afford to play Cork, Wanyama, Morgan and Davis as some people are suggesting, there's not enough creativity there; I'd like to see Gaston get a start. Probably get nobbled in about 25 minutes though.

Living near London a lot of my mates are West Ham fans so they are the team I want to beat the 3rd most in the league (Liverpool then Spurs then West Ham). Also I despise those oiks Fat Sam and Kevin Nolan and their style of play...

I live and work in London as well, and seem to be surrounded by Wham fans (although I live in Chelsea) and have had it seems eternally to suffer their insufferable arrogance. A win here would wipe away any hurt suffered during the summer.

A winnable game' date=' IMO, particularly with them having gone to pens and lost last night. A goal for Pelle yesterday will hopefully do him the world of good and a win could give the team that extra bit of confidence, even if it was only against a Championship side fielding some reserves. Will also be interesting to see if we have any additional personnel on board before the game too...[/quote']

They made 9 changes on tuesday night. Annoyingly they have been decent in both of their opening league games and Kouyate looks like a real pick up. We always seem to struggle up there so id take a point in a heartbeat.

With the players we have, and the lack of wide options I can only think this is our best team at the moment, assuming Gardos isnt ready yet:

------------------------------------Forster--------------------------------------

Clyne---------------Fonte--------------------------Yoshida-----------Bertrand

--------------------Wanyama------------------------Schneiderlin-----------------

JWP or Long----------------------Ramirez------------------------------Tadic

-----------------------------------Pelle------------------------------------------

Would maybe go with JWP for his crossing then Long later in the game as otherwise there is literally nothing on the bench to make a genuine impact going forward.