Forster

The Majestic Channon

More than likely covered in the post match thread but anyway. Although he didn't have a lot to do apart from a point blank save I thought his handling was excellent. The first time in years I didn't get a tortoise head everytime the opposition crossed the ball, early signs good,

Best keeper we've had for some time.

Seen people complaining elsewhere about spending £10m on him. I really don't see why. He's made the team better and GK is one place in the team where if you get it right, it pays off week after week and inspires confidence throughout. The fewer goals you concede, the fewer you have to score (and it's not like we haven't thrown money at the forward positions). No complaints about FF so far!

Looks good, I don't think we will be disappointed but I do think we paid a lot of money for him. Celtic must love us.

I've never quite understood why GKs are valued at less than a lot of outfield players. GK is a crucial position and I don't mind if we spend big as long as get quality and FF does look quality.

If we struggle to score this season FF (and possibly AB) may be the difference between success and failure.

What would have happened if Gazzaniga had been in goal? 1 point already on the board courtesy of FF.

who pulled your tampon string?

Well, clearly you did.

It's really not difficult to spell names properly. It's just laziness otherwise. Were you one of the people who tweeted Ben Foster when we signed Forster? What a lad you are!

Thank you for your typical laddish response though. Hope it made you feel big and manly. #banter #bantz #itsjustbantermate

Well, clearly you did.

It's really not difficult to spell names properly. It's just laziness otherwise. Were you one of the people who tweeted Ben Foster when we signed Forster? What a lad you are!

Thank you for your typical laddish response though. Hope it made you feel big and manly. #banter #bantz #itsjustbantermate

Slight overreaction of something do trivial maybe?? :D:D:D

The first time in years I didn't get a tortoise head everytime the opposition crossed the ball, early signs good,

Obviously you didn't watch us last season as one of Boruc's main strengths was his command of the box and ability to take the ball under pressure. Just his tom foolery cost us as bit.

FF looks good so far. I expect one mistake and the usual will happen on here though! ;)

I guess I'm in a minority in having some reservations.

One of Forster's primary assets, his height, may also turn out to be one of his greatest liabilities.

Sure, he can be dominant with the high ball (and so far has been), but a common vulnerability for very tall keepers is difficulty getting down to low shots. I was rather disappointed with his effort on Sterling's goal, and that was an example of the potential problem - he advanced, stalled, and couldn't get down in time. Sure, he made a great save (with a leg) on Saturday but that was possible because Ideye was so close-in.

The PL is very unforgiving when player's weakness is spotted, so I really hope this doesn't turn out to be an issue.

Thought his start is worthy of a thread of it's own.

In the 3 games so far, he's shown real quality and has dominated the area very well. He's looked assured on crossed and made some good blocks.

Definitely a step up on Boruc IMO.

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but Yoshida has even looked more composed and solid in his performances too.

I don't think Yoshida's form is related to Forster. He always improves with consistent games, I don't really understand that useless tag he seems to have adopted on here. Jos on the other hand.... :)

Not totally sure.

If you have someone behind you who you have the utmost faith in, then maybe you are more relaxed and can play a better game. Not saying that the players didn't have faith in Boruc, but there was always a niggling doubt in my mind that he might cock things up. I know it is early days, but I don't get the same feeling with FF, and maybe the players don't either.

Not totally sure.

If you have someone behind you who you have the utmost faith in, then maybe you are more relaxed and can play a better game. Not saying that the players didn't have faith in Boruc, but there was always a niggling doubt in my mind that he might cock things up. I know it is early days, but I don't get the same feeling with FF, and maybe the players don't either.

Sorry, I wasn't really that clear in my post. I agree that a solid goalkeeper does a lot for a defenders confidence, however my point was more about Yoshida always improves when he plays consistent games.

I think he's a definite upgrade. He looks like a very confident and solid goal keeper who will give the back 4 plenty of confidence. I certainly don't worry when the ball swings in the box as he has a real presence and seems to claim it 90% of the time.

He reminds me of Joe Hart in many ways, I don't think he's too far away from him ability wise. Let's hope he keeps it up, I think he's one of the best keepers we've had in a long while.

No disrespecting Boruc as he was brilliant for us, but prone to a lapse now and again. Forster seems more grounded and reliable in his early showings. It's the one area we have definitely upgraded in this summer of change.