Gaston Ramirez to Seville on Loan (Rumour)

saint-ross

With the exception of Forster, where are we stronger than last season?

Shocking business overall this Summer, but still a few days to turn it around.

FFS, this is a bit previous.

We havent even seen Gardos or Taider yet.

Lets see who these two last signings are before even making a preliminary judgement.

I dont understand why the board didnt stand up to Lovren the way they have to Morgan, I dont get Chambers at all, and their communication was utterly f**king diabolical, but they seem to be getting things under control now.

Tadic > Lallana

Pellè > Lambert

Bertrand =decent replacement for= Shaw

Gardos =at least wait and see! = Lovren

Tadic > Lallana

Pellè > Lambert

At the moment I'd say that compared to last season's players the first three are at best a draw and the last one is risible when Gardos appears to be fit enough for the bench.

On the bright side, if Lallana, Lambert, Shaw and Lovren had started this season as poorly here as they have elsewhere, we'd probably have lost to West Brom too.

Tadic > Lallana

Pellè > Lambert

Tadic looks a very handy player, but not as good as Lallana - and Pelle is not as good as Ricky IMO. Bertrand is a solid player but not as good as Shaw, and Gardos hasn't yet played but very unlikely to be as good as Lovren who is a top player.

FFS, this is a bit previous.

We havent even seen Gardos or Taider yet.

Lets see who these two last signings are before even making a preliminary judgement.

I dont understand why the board didnt stand up to Lovren the way they have to Morgan, I dont get Chambers at all, and their communication was utterly f**king diabolical, but they seem to be getting things under control now.

I guess its a case of picking your fights! They may have seen that being strong with Morgan would get the best results for SFC (i.e. him staying) whereas picking a fight with Lovren probably would have had him on strike and causing all manner of problems for us.

Good. For me Gaston suits this system better than any we've played.

In front of Morgan/Wanyama or Cork, we pick one of JWP, Davis or Ramirez. Enough of him being thrown out of position. He'll never be a cover every blade of grass blood and guts player, and we don't need another one. He's subtle and clever. If we get some pace on a wing, Ramirez will have plenty of options to pick out. Would love to see him linking up with Tadic.

Ramirez isn't small and does have an edge to him, I don't buy the lightweight argument. He just needs a manager who believes in him and gives him a decent run.

For me,

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Ramirez

Tadic Pelle Rodriguez

could be superb.

Yep, agree with that.

In front of Morgan/Wanyama or Cork, we pick one of JWP, Davis or Ramirez. Enough of him being thrown out of position. He'll never be a cover every blade of grass blood and guts player, and we don't need another one. He's subtle and clever. If we get some pace on a wing, Ramirez will have plenty of options to pick out. Would love to see him linking up with Tadic.

Ramirez isn't small and does have an edge to him, I don't buy the lightweight argument. He just needs a manager who believes in him and gives him a decent run.

For me,

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Ramirez

Tadic Pelle Rodriguez

could be superb.

Agreed.

For me,

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Ramirez

Tadic Pelle Rodriguez

could be superb.

Rodriguez is going to be a while yet and will need to be carefully managed, too soon and he could have problems. For me put Long behind Pelle flanked by Tadic and Ramirez interchanging. In front of Wanyama and Schneiderlin. I think though it could be Davis or JWP instead of Ramirez although Koeman was very complimentary about Cork's effect on Tuesday.

For me,

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Ramirez

Tadic Pelle Rodriguez

could be superb.

Spunkworthy. And better than last season IMHO.

For me,

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Ramirez

Tadic Pelle Rodriguez

could be superb.

I just don't see how Gaston fits into a team without a runner up front. He never worked that well with Lambert because there was never enough movement for him and i don't think it will be any better with Pelle. He would probably be better with Long as the front man

I just don't see how Gaston fits into a team without a runner up front. He never worked that well with Lambert because there was never enough movement for him and i don't think it will be any better with Pelle. He would probably be better with Long as the front man

Dependant on how the other '2' (Tadic/Jrod/Long/AN Other) play, imo. If they get in and around Pelle (which we have seen they will need to do) then this will help utilise Gaston.

If they can cut in a bit, and are supported by Clyne and Bertrand, obviously Morgan & Big Vic sit and cover infront of the CB's, this could potentially be quite fruitful. Gaston could look more to supply the runs of JRod, Tadic, or the overlapping full-backs.

While it's too early to say, it is entirely possible that Tadic and Pelle will turn out to be as good as or even better than Lallana and Lambert: need to wait 15 or 20 games to be able to make that judgement. We also do not know whether Gardos will turn out to be better, worse, or equal to Lovren.

Bertrand will never be as good as Shaw, but he is a very good left back and we have Targett now pressing his claims too.

Where are we stronger? Taider represents extra strength in depth in midfield; and Long is a net addition to the side, offering something in attack we did not have last season (even if a bit over-priced). So along with Forster, there is a case to be made that we are stronger in some areas, even if somewhat weakened in others. And, we are told, there are still one or two -players to come in, who may yet turn out to add significant strength.

So your absurd judgement "shocking business overall this summer" is at best completely premature; at worst simply factually untrue.

While it's too early to say, it is entirely possible that Tadic and Pelle will turn out to be as good as or even better than Lallana and Lambert: need to wait 15 or 20 games to be able to make that judgement. We also do not know whether Gardos will turn out to be better, worse, or equal to Lovren.

Bertrand will never be as good as Shaw, but he is a very good left back and we have Targett now pressing his claims too.

Where are we stronger? Taider represents extra strength in depth in midfield; and Long is a net addition to the side, offering something in attack we did not have last season (even if a bit over-priced). So along with Forster, there is a case to be made that we are stronger in some areas, even if somewhat weakened in others. And, we are told, there are still one or two -players to come in, who may yet turn out to add significant strength.

So your absurd judgement "shocking business overall this summer" is at best completely premature; at worst simply factually untrue.

My opinion, not an absurd judgement. We are stronger in the keeper department, weaker in defence, weaker in attack. At this moment in time our business has been unsatisfactory. But there are still a few days to put things right. Ron and Les have got tens of millions at their disposal to bring in decent players.

I am on no way criticising who we've signed. Tadic in particular looks very good, as do Bertrand and I think Pelle will come good. A role needs to be sorted for Long, you don't bench a a £12m player.

At this moment in time I don't see us as a comfortable mid-table side. We are 1 or 2 injuries away from real trouble.

Whether what I have said is factually untrue can only be proved by results over the season. It is purely my opinion.

My opinion, not an absurd judgement. We are stronger in the keeper department, weaker in defence, weaker in attack. At this moment in time our business has been unsatisfactory. But there are still a few days to put things right. Ron and Les have got tens of millions at their disposal to bring in decent players.

I am on no way criticising who we've signed. Tadic in particular looks very good, as do Bertrand and I think Pelle will come good. A role needs to be sorted for Long, you don't bench a a £12m player.

At this moment in time I don't see us as a comfortable mid-table side. We are 1 or 2 injuries away from real trouble.

Whether what I have said is factually untrue can only be proved by results over the season. It is purely my opinion.

Echoes my view as well. Spot on.

I agree we are 1-2 injuries away from having problems. Then again I thought that last year!

Tadic looks a very handy player, but not as good as Lallana - and Pelle is not as good as Ricky IMO. Bertrand is a solid player but not as good as Shaw, and Gardos hasn't yet played but very unlikely to be as good as Lovren who is a top player.

Agree with three of your four assessments. From what I've seen seen of Tadic he is easily the equal of AL - he has a more powerful shot; his vision for assists are at least the equal; his crossing is pinpoint and has great touch. The only area I would rate Lallana more highly would be the mazy runs and Cruyff turns.

Agree with three of your four assessments. From what I've seen seen of Tadic he is easily the equal of AL - he has a more powerful shot; his vision for assists are at least the equal; his crossing is pinpoint and has great touch. The only area I would rate Lallana more highly would be the mazy runs and Cruyff turns.

And the badge kissing, you mustn't forget Lallana's prowess in that department. ;)

lallana and mopo are the two departures that will hit us the most - we should have paid to keep them. Spurs already look very very good and AL wasn't described as Mr Southampton for nothing. We've gone from a solid team unit to a bunch of journeyman and reminds me too much of the mid 2000's.

When will people realise they didn't want to stay It wasn't as simple as just throwing money at them even if we could compete salary wise with the likes of Liverpool and spurs.

Edited by doddisalegend

Sometimes people don't want to stay in their job, quite often in fact, but they have to stay, why should a footballer be the exception? They think they can win if they throw a tantrum 'O we mustn't upset him'. We've held Morgan to contract but it was locking the door after the crown jewels had been nicked

So what ? Cortese wouldnt have let them go.

Cortese wasn't here.

He had the ambition, regardless of whether he was the predominant power, he was a driving force in the club. He went, the vision went. It is that simple, image can mean a lot. Now our current powers that be need to build their own vision. If we have an exodus on the final day their position will be untenable.

Sometimes people don't want to stay in their job, quite often in fact, but they have to stay, why should a footballer be the exception? They think they can win if they throw a tantrum 'O we mustn't upset him'. We've held Morgan to contract but it was locking the door after the crown jewels had been nicked

So we could have had a team with what 6 unhappy/disgruntled players and one ****ed off manager over half the starting 11 not wanting to play for us. Might have worked I suppose but that much bad feeling would have destroyed the team spirit and work ethic. Holding one disgruntled player to a contract is OK 6 and a manager would be pointless.