Jos Hooiveld Joins Norwich On Season Long Loan

Bad Wolf

Great character, you can only like him as a bloke. Will probably be seen as a bit of a cult hero from our NPC promotion team.

But the sad reality is that he wasn't really good enough for the PL. But he deserves thanks for his massive goals in our promotion and for being such a positive person behind the scenes.

Hope it works out for him at Norwich.

God bless him I don't think I've ever liked a player more.

It almost became quite funny how 90% of the posts critical of him on here were preceded by the most profuse apology despite Jos really, really struggling when up in the Prem! :lol:

Won't be forgotten. The goal vs West Ham will live long in my memory.

Jos was an integral part of our promotion, and still contributed to the squad afterwards, perhaps moreso in the dressing room camp than on the pitch, which can't be underestimated.

Good luck to him, seems a good bloke who has ended up at a decent club, wish him and Norwich well.

God bless him I don't think I've ever liked a player more.

It almost became quite funny how 90% of the posts critical of him on here were preceded by the most profuse apology despite Jos really, really struggling when up in the Prem! :lol:

Won't be forgotten. The goal vs West Ham will live long in my memory.

That and the square heads with boxes will remain in our memories for a long time.

Love the interview after the Hull game on that video. Like most have said Prem was one step too far, such a rock in the promotion year, very important goals too!!

Gave him a lift home after a night out in town once, was off his tits but funny as hell. Crazy Dutch bastard!! Will be missed in the dressing room I'm sure.

"Southampton Football Club would like to place on record its sincere gratitude for the part Jos played in the team’s growth over the past three years, and pay tribute to the professionalism he has shown during his time at St Mary’s. Everybody connected with the club wishes Jos the very best for the future." :)

Sums it up very nicely, absolutely model pro and top bloke and its great to see the club give him a good send off.

Good luck Squarehead, he'll do well at Norwich. Personally I often felt he was very let down by Fox rather than being personally at fault, not the worlds greatest centre-half but with a run of games alongside other players who have even a nod to the concept of spatial awareness he could have been a steady Prem defender.

My thanks to Jos for the major role he played in getting us back to the top.

Its sad that he is not quite up to the grade needed for this level, but I hope he has a fantastic season at Norwich and the rest of his career is successful and fulfilling.

Who knows ? Maybe Norwich will go up with his help, he will stay and we see him again next season at SMS ?

[video=youtube;CblDavu-sk8]

I did not remember him scoring so many goals!

Brilliant video.

Jos was clearly a hero in our promotion season, and scored 8 times (not bad for a centre back) but sadly some moaners on here only recall his "other record " of 4 O.G's (most of which were unfortunate deflections rather than due to poor play).

He was part of a good defensive unit that season, but clearly found the pressure of the Prem's faster pace (and only being used as a sub)... a bit too much in the long term.

A good club man, a friendly guy who always seemed to have a cheerful smile. Good luck Jos.

As I have said many times before we were sat in front of him in the stand in Palafrugell for Saints first pre season game last year, and what a funny engaging chap, my mate pounded him with all sorts of questions which he answered concisely. He was also talking Mayuka through the game regarding formations etc.

Still I can't believe they printed his answer to a question asked on the kids pages of last seasons opening day programme:

"Which would you prefer to fight? A Horse sized Duck or a Duck sized Horse?"

his reply

"A Duck sized Horse, because it wouldn't be able to kick me in the balls!".

Good luck Jos.

Good luck Jos. Top bloke. Thank you for what you gave our club. Always welcome at SMS and hope to see you next season here! So glad hes gone to a nice club and hope he gets a good run of games. I think he will do well there. Will look out for Norwich results now as a second team.