Arsenal Away - £10 Tickets - SOLD OUT

Nexstar

Never had you down as someone who would take the bingo bus to games MLG. Always thought you'd be heading a crew of cut throats and toughs running turks and the bottle throwers off your turf.

If I go I'd be taking the train as I don't live in Southampton, I was just saying £28 for match ticket and coach ticket for a game at the Emirates is good.

We have, both club agree on the price and Saints get a large % of the gate money.

That's not really how it works.

The home club says to the away club "this is what we plan to charge", the away club either accepts it or can take it to the competition's organisers (in this case the Football League) and contest it if they think it's unfair.

To suggest that both clubs sit down and discuss the pricing (when Arsenal ALWAYS charge £10 for home league cup games) is simply wrong.

That's not really how it works.

The home club says to the away club "this is what we plan to charge", the away club either accepts it or can take it to the competition's organisers (in this case the Football League) and contest it if they think it's unfair.

To suggest that both clubs sit down and discuss the pricing (when Arsenal ALWAYS charge £10 for home league cup games) is simply wrong.

I was basing it on this...

22.1 Immediately after the draw is known the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices. All questions in dispute must be immediately referred to the Management Committee for settlement

http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#22

Edited by Matthew Le God

If I go I'd be taking the train as I don't live in Southampton, I was just saying £28 for match ticket and coach ticket for a game at the Emirates is good.

Surely in your position you should be going to every game?

But you are right £28 for coach and ticket is a good deal if you use the bingo bus.

There are the written rules, and then there is "what actually happens in real life". This isn't a computer game.

Just like with transfers, clubs aren't allowed to contact players or their representatives without permission of their current club, and yet strangely it happens all the time :rolleyes:

Doesn't say "initial allocation" which I slightly disappointing. Believe we can get up to 9,000 at the Emirates for cup games.

Arsenal have managed to get round giving 9000 a few times in cups the last few seasons.

Doesn't say "initial allocation" which I slightly disappointing. Believe we can get up to 9,000 at the Emirates for cup games.

Arsenal have hidden behind "safety reasons" for not giving the full 9,000 for cup games against both Spurs and Chelsea. Seems like a load of ******** to me, but I guess we should bear in mind that around 3500 of the 9,000 allocation would be in the upper tier, which potentially makes segregation difficult.

This could be sold out before or soon after it gets to 'Season Ticket Holders', can't see it making General Sale if no further allocation.

Thurs 4th Sept – Season Ticket Holders with at least 3 away games from this/last season

Monday 8th Sept – Season Ticket Holders with at least 2 away games from this/last season

Wednesday 10th Sept – Season Ticket Holders with at least 1 away game from this/last season

Friday 12th Sept – Season Ticket Holders

Monday 15th September – General sale

Should give priority to those that went to Millwall above all others if you ask me. Millwall was a far easier trip and not a massively different price but the day trippers decided not to go. If that's the case then you shouldn't help them get tickets to Arsenal.

The club should prioritise Millwall away (regardless of season tickets) first, then number of aways, season tickets, general sale.

Should give priority to those that went to Millwall above all others if you ask me. Millwall was a far easier trip and not a massively different price but the day trippers decided not to go. If that's the case then you shouldn't help them get tickets to Arsenal.

The club should prioritise Millwall away (regardless of season tickets) first, then number of aways, season tickets, general sale.

I am a season ticket holder and occasional away day fan and looking to go to Arsenal

However I agree with your suggestion

Regular away supporters should have first dibs

£10 ticket for me and £10 with Avensis as a regular, £5 + £5 for my son so £30 for the 2 of us to travel and watch the game is awesome.

Don't understand why the club have set the prices at £18 with no concessions. (and yes I have checked with Princess - the club dictates the coach prices not the coach firm)

I don't reckon we will sell 5000 tickets even at this price for a midweek game - I really do hope that I will be proven wrong.

Just been doing some research on having a day out in The Smoke. Return ticket from my local station £39.50. Return from the station 4 minutes down the line £23.70 with travel card for my day out and to get me to Highbury & Islington.. Day return to station 4 minutes down the line, £2.80. Something seriously amiss with our rail system if there's a £13 difference!

Just been doing some research on having a day out in The Smoke. Return ticket from my local station £39.50. Return from the station 4 minutes down the line £23.70 with travel card for my day out and to get me to Highbury & Islington.. Day return to station 4 minutes down the line, £2.80. Something seriously amiss with our rail system if there's a £13 difference!

I guess one is using only Southern Rail, the other a mix of them and South West. Southern always have cheap deals but it takes longer.

Drive to Richmond or Kew then overland direct to Highbury & Islington is the way I'll probably do it.

if travelling from soton you can buy a Soton - Brighton (not via london) ticket which is valid to clapham junction. You can then buy a travelcard from clapham junction and it'll save you a packet. Don't ask me why but I have done loads of times to save cash. Only problem is finding a train that stops at clapham nowadays, might have to change at woking

if travelling from soton you can buy a Soton - Brighton (not via london) ticket which is valid to clapham junction. You can then buy a travelcard from clapham junction and it'll save you a packet. Don't ask me why but I have done loads of times to save cash. Only problem is finding a train that stops at clapham nowadays, might have to change at woking
It'll save a couple of quid, but hardly a packet.

....forgive my ignorance but would it not be even cheaper just to buy a ticket to Clapham?

....forgive my ignorance but would it not be even cheaper just to buy a ticket to Clapham?

You can travel Southampton Central to Highbury & Islington (via Clapham) for £25.90 each on a Groupsave of 4 but needs 2 changes, Clapham Junction & Vauxhall (2hrs).

Alternatively, Southampton Central to Clapham Junction with a Groupsave of 4 and a travelcard for the Tube for £27.90 each. At least you can buzz around the capital this way for a drink.

You can travel Southampton Central to Highbury & Islington (via Clapham) for £25.90 each on a Groupsave of 4 but needs 2 changes, Clapham Junction & Vauxhall (2hrs).

Alternatively, Southampton Central to Clapham Junction with a Groupsave of 4 and a travelcard for the Tube for £27.90 each. At least you can buzz around the capital this way for a drink.

this.

There are tonnes of trains from Central, Parkway or Eastleigh (generally every 30 mins) which take just over an hour with no changes. Unfortunately then comes the rubbish bit, getting to Vauxhall and on the tube is quick but the extra bit North across London feels long. Unfortunately none of the trains that go through Clapham but onto Waterloo without changes stop at Vauxhall. Picking up a travel card for the day while you buy you're train ticket is a better option as the daily oyster cap always f**ks you over as there seems to be a separate cap for main line and tube.

Arsenal have hidden behind "safety reasons" for not giving the full 9,000 for cup games against both Spurs and Chelsea. Seems like a load of ******** to me, but I guess we should bear in mind that around 3500 of the 9,000 allocation would be in the upper tier, which potentially makes segregation difficult.

Lower Tier only according to the TO.

As they've only been on sale for two days restricted to season ticket holders with a minimum 3 aways, there's little chance of knowing how sales will go from that. By this time next week we'll have a better indication once it reaches the season ticket holders stage regardless of always.

You can get a match ticket plus coach travel for as little as £20 for the lot if you want. A good show against the Geordie's will see a scramble for what's left in any general sale IMO.