Destiny

Smirking_Saint

Can't get myself excited for this. Not sure why. I think its the open endedness. The beta felt solid enough, but not spectacular by any means. Get the feeling that this is going to be another "quantity over quality" type games. Don't get me wrong, what is there will likely be a good blast, but nothing new. Compact, linear and full of interest - thats what I like.

Can't get myself excited for this. Not sure why. I think its the open endedness. The beta felt solid enough, but not spectacular by any means. Get the feeling that this is going to be another "quantity over quality" type games. Don't get me wrong, what is there will likely be a good blast, but nothing new. Compact, linear and full of interest - thats what I like.

Just like the wife, eh? :)

Boom. That's comedy. Thankyouverymuchhereallweektrythescampi.

Destiny does look good though. Might have to by a new xBox for it (succumbed to the RRoD!)

Well I bought Destiny for the PS4 and it arrived today. Thus far, it seems little more than a bog standard FPS with decent graphics.

That said, I only had enough time to download the upgrade and then install the game which seemed to take a long time. I didn't have a lot of time to actually play more that 20 minutes or so.

I think it would be unfair to judge it until I've played a fair bit more.

Sold more on PS4 (no big surprise really ;)):

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2556089/did_destiny_sell_more_on_ps4_or_xbox_one.html

Been having an absolute blast with it myself, I'm a Level 24 Warlock, about 24 hours played so far.

Mainly spent my time in the Crucible as it's hella addictive but hit the mark cap. So the last couple of days I have been dabbling with the Strike Playlists, Weekly Heroic Strike and Daily Heroic Story Mission the last couple of days to get my Vanguard Marks up.

enjoying PvE and am total cr ap at PvP. Level 20 Hunter and struggling to get the gear to level up beyond that - majorly ****ed off that I can't play the Queens wrath - managed 2-3 bounties but gutted to find its a lv 24 mission

Will spend the weekend grinding engrams on the moon and doing the daily/weekly challenges and public events to get the coins for the weird dude with all the exotics - some of those are immense !

• 4 weeks later...

OK getting a bit obsessed - intended to level 3 guardians up (largely as Xur never gives me anything hunter related from his engrams)

Bought the sweet Alpha lupi chest armour from him on Friday and now am completely kitted out in exotic/legendary - taking a while to level up past 27 and seem to be spending most of the time at the moment farming helium coils, spinmetal and iron to upgrade the armour

Had a crack at vault of glass at the weekend and that looks very cool indeed but just need to level a bit more

we are chrislisatommat on PSN if you want to have a crack at a daily/weekly heroic or get together for a strike in the future currently 27 bordering 28 Hunter Bladedancer being favorite

And now enjoying PVP now I've got the hang of it ;)

OK getting a bit obsessed - intended to level 3 guardians up (largely as Xur never gives me anything hunter related from his engrams)

Bought the sweet Alpha lupi chest armour from him on Friday and now am completely kitted out in exotic/legendary - taking a while to level up past 27 and seem to be spending most of the time at the moment farming helium coils, spinmetal and iron to upgrade the armour

Had a crack at vault of glass at the weekend and that looks very cool indeed but just need to level a bit more

we are chrislisatommat on PSN if you want to have a crack at a daily/weekly heroic or get together for a strike in the future currently 27 bordering 28 Hunter Bladedancer being favorite

And now enjoying PVP now I've got the hang of it ;)

It's taken me ages to get my Vanguard level up, then I changed it to New Monarch. What'd you do to get up to Level 3? I need some ascendant shard pretty bad as well. I'm a Level 25 Titan.

I gave up with vanguard pretty quickly TBH and joined FWC (ie bought a cloak from them for 2500 glimmer) - then everything I did gave me exp towards them bounties of both cruicible and vanguard counted towards FWC.

I'm still only vanguard level 1 and FWC 2 ( nearly 3) yes I won't have have a huge choice of weapons from them to buy but most I have gotten from engrams anyway as well as the odd drop from a Tiger strike or a cruicible game - played an awful awful skirmish game in the cruicible on Saturday and got 0 kills and a million deaths and got a legendary engram as a prize - the others must have been sick as dogs.

Legendary weapons I have now are - Scout Rifle Proxima Centauri ( sweet and makes things explode if you headshot them) , Light/Dark Fusion rifle - best Cruicble weapon I have. 2 Shotguns ( 1 FWC) and the comedian and a rocket launcher - can't remember the name

Would love to have bought the Suros at the weekend but not enough coinage

I chose FWC as thie armour concentrated more on disclipine and intelligence which means can use super more often and grenades more often as well which suits my style of play - that was the only thing that made the choice to be honest

Ascendant shards I get often from doing the public events on patrol missions - there is a website with each planet and area and a timer for when they are due so you never have to wait long if you want to 'farm' them

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Anyone still playing.

Big flaws in the game but it keeps sucking me back it. Only one exotic to go. Iron Banner tomorrow and i love these events :)

Yeah still playing, CE and VOG veteran, its boring me right now but Ill always pop on to do the nightfall

Have all the exotics I wanted except for nighthawk

Whats your username ?

chrislisatommat - PSN

Hawkmoon is phenominal.

Just need Suros - have had Hard light drop 6 times. My kid ( Matt) really wanted red Death it never droppped - got from Xur on Friday and its dropped 3 times for us since then.

Like rerolling perks in iron Banner

Just wish the raids weren't so buggy - number of times the sword hasn't dropped on Crota is a real pain.

Tuesdays is no officially game night and Fridays is now Xur day ;)

chrislisatommat - PSN

Hawkmoon is phenominal.

Just need Suros - have had Hard light drop 6 times. My kid ( Matt) really wanted red Death it never droppped - got from Xur on Friday and its dropped 3 times for us since then.

Like rerolling perks in iron Banner

Just wish the raids weren't so buggy - number of times the sword hasn't dropped on Crota is a real pain.

Tuesdays is no officially game night and Fridays is now Xur day ;)

Prefer Bad JuJu to Red death personally !