Man City target Jay Rodriguez

Batman

It would be useful if rumour threads like this had a link or at the very least an indication of their source, rather than something as vague as this as an opening post...

Man City target Jay Rodriguez

Says they need more home grown players in their squad and thee fact they are 1 striker down after negredo left

Well, if true. That will be that

He just jumping on every thread/post I make at the mo.

We don't all have to agree on here but soggy is getting a bit weird

Weird? I am not the one making sweeping generalisations or starting loads of negative threads Delldays.

By the way, it is not hard to say I think or maybe before posts. When you say for example he will fully recover it sounds like you have some knowledge that Jay will fully recover from his injury. If you say I think he will fully recover we can all take it with a pinch of salt.

Weird? I am not the one making sweeping generalisations or starting loads of negative threads Delldays.

By the way, it is not hard to say I think or maybe before posts. When you say for example he will fully recover it sounds like you have some knowledge that Jay will fully recover from his injury. If you say I think he will fully recover we can all take it with a pinch of salt.

All i did was repeat what was mentioned in the paper. isnt that what this place is all about

I do not have any knowledge

how may times do i have to tell you.....

EVERY POST OF MINE IS BASED ON MY OPINION UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE

I'm not??? I have no idea where Delldays got his information from. I dont know what you are talking about.

it seems other do, I dont know why you have taken it upon yourself to be the moral authority on what should or should not be posted

it was in the paper, which one, I cant remember right now. google it and have a look

All i did was repeat what was mentioned in the paper. isnt that what this place is all about

So your OP that City are keen on Jay Rod is based on nothing except your own opinion? New definition of pointless thread surely

it seems other do, I dont know why you have taken it upon yourself to be the moral authority on what should or should not be posted

it was in the paper, which one, I cant remember right now. google it and have a look

Where do I say that I have the moral authority on what should or should not be posted? Another of your sweeping generalisations dude.

So fair play, you have the time to Google everyday looking for news of clubs who may or may not be interested in our players and then start threads on them saying things like "Well, if true, that will be that." So if City are "linked" with Jay he is definately leaving. Really helpful thread Delldays, thanks.

So are you saying that you would make a statement that wasnt based on your opinion and then say so? Like when you said that Luke Shaw was the best left back in the Premiership last season and then followed it up with in your opinion Leighton Baines was the best left back? Can you see where the problems lie?

So are you saying that you would make a statement that wasnt based on your opinion and then say so? Like when you said that Luke Shaw was the best left back in the Premiership last season and then followed it up with in your opinion Leighton Baines was the best left back? Can you see where the problems lie?

He told you about 5 or 6 times that it was based on the fact that Luke was PFA left back of year as voted for my his peers....not his opinion but based on this accolade. You then decided to pointlessly trawl the internet for statistics which "prove" Baines was the best LB in the league. For what reason?

You are very odd and massively hypocritical on here and you seem to have more of an opinion on other posters than you do with Saints.

He told you about 5 or 6 times that it was based on the fact that Luke was PFA left back of year as voted for my his peers....not his opinion but based on this accolade. You then decided to pointlessly trawl the internet for statistics which "prove" Baines was the best LB in the league. For what reason?

You are very odd and massively hypocritical on here and you seem to have more of an opinion on other posters than you do with Saints.

Very true! Well said.

Ahh - hello everyone.

What's this all about then? It would help if the OP had included a link to the 'Man City target Jay Rodriguez' story. Otherwise it's just complet nonsense or b*llsh*t - same as most of the OP's posts. I realise that subsequent posters have included links but you would have thought that someone with so many gazillions of previous posts would understand how it works?

Read something - Comment on it here - give a link. Easy innit?

Ahh - hello everyone.

What's this all about then? It would help if the OP had included a link to the 'Man City target Jay Rodriguez' story. Otherwise it's just complet nonsense or b*llsh*t - same as most of the OP's posts. I realise that subsequent posters have included links but you would have thought that someone with so many gazillions of previous posts would understand how it works?

Read something - Comment on it here - give a link. Easy innit?

Been reported by most of the national media now :)

I can see why you are called Dig Dig. Go back and look at his first comment. He states there very clearly tha Luke Shaw was the best left back last season. Later he changed his stance. You say pointlessly trawled the Internet. I was simply looking for anything to balck up what you chum said and couldnt find anything. The reason being that I was mking the point that Delldays often comes on here and makes generalised statements with no proff to back them up.

You are welcome to think that I am odd. I think the same of the group of you who have been so negative through the summer based on nothing but conjecture.

As for hypocrical, proof please? And opinions, I have plenty of opinions and you would know that if you read the threads. I'll give you one now from earlier in the year. Instead of slagging the Board off why not wait until September and see if they deliver or not. That was an opinion was it not?

It is nice that you are supporting your mate but I'm sure he can stick up for himself.

Actually I take it back apparently, I can only find it being reported by rather dubious sources my mind is obviously playing tricks on me, my apologies. Here is quite possibly the most reliable paper reporting it :facepalm:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/city-transfers-gossip-blues-eye-7734864

Take a look at the date of that paper. Journos nowadays trawl the net for references to whichever club they are paid to report on, the source of that story could be anything between speculation and b*llocks, nobody here seems to have found anything even faintly credible. And mouldy coat echoes my thoughts;

Jays been out with a very serious injury and is still likely to be out to a while. So any talk of a major transfer involving Jay is simply bull. There are no guarantees that he will be the same player for us when he starts playing again.

Gentleman Batman is right, this was a genuine rumor that I also see on the BBC gossip page, so lets try to minimise the squabbling, seems like a long enough summer for that already!

On the rumor I still dont believe anyone would take a risk on JRod until he has proved he has come back from his injury. I think he needs a good second half of the season if there is any chance. I'd be sad to see him leave, I like seeing English players in the squad.

I love the saying "genuine rumour." The point is it is just a rumour. Another point is why should it make any difference if it is Manchester City or Spurs. We knocked back Spurs why would we roll over for City?

I don't know about rollover but it would make far more sense to sell to City than Spurs.

1) They splash the cash

2) They are unlikely to ever use Jay against us

3) They are not managed by Poch

4) No Levy

5) We will not even be close to competing to them whilst we could still prove a bit of a threat to Spurs

Edited by farawaysaint

I love the saying "genuine rumour." The point is it is just a rumour. Another point is why should it make any difference if it is Manchester City or Spurs. We knocked back Spurs why would we roll over for City?

For someone so anti- this thread even existing you ain't half going on about it.

I don't know about rollover but it would make far more sense to sell to City than Spurs.

1) They splash the cash

2) They are unlikely to ever use Jay against us

3) They are not managed by Poch

4) No Levy

5) We will not even be close to competing to them whilst we could still prove a bit of a threat to Spurs

Indeed. But Ron has said he aint for sale and he has played a straight bat so far. Things can change and we could get to January and find that he isnt able to get back to where he was, but I think we need to worry more about him not signing a new contract than being sold in January.

I can see why you are called Dig Dig. Go back and look at his first comment. He states there very clearly tha Luke Shaw was the best left back last season. Later he changed his stance. You say pointlessly trawled the Internet. I was simply looking for anything to balck up what you chum said and couldnt find anything. The reason being that I was mking the point that Delldays often comes on here and makes generalised statements with no proff to back them up.

You are welcome to think that I am odd. I think the same of the group of you who have been so negative through the summer based on nothing but conjecture.

As for hypocrical, proof please? And opinions, I have plenty of opinions and you would know that if you read the threads. I'll give you one now from earlier in the year. Instead of slagging the Board off why not wait until September and see if they deliver or not. That was an opinion was it not?

It is nice that you are supporting your mate but I'm sure he can stick up for himself.

I can give you an example of you being a hypocrite just using this very post I am quoting by way of you bleating on about generalised sweeping statements yet you insinuate that Batman must be my chum because I pointed out how odd you are behaving. Another is you wanting anyone who has a different opinion to you waiting until a date you specify to voice it yet everything else you agree with is fair game.

For all your heavy mouth breathing about someone posting a thread about Rodriguez being linked to city, I bet you would have no issues if it was an innocuous article about Rodriguez signing a new contract which Batman started a discussion on.

As I said, all very odd.

apparently we had agreed terms with Spurs and Liverpool re selling him but pulled out when the MS is not going statement came out. The news did surprise me as i am sceptical that he would pass a medical. Iam 100% confident of the source of this, as he has regular contact.

I can give you an example of you being a hypocrite just using this very post I am quoting by way of you bleating on about generalised sweeping statements yet you insinuate that Batman must be my chum because I pointed out how odd you are behaving. Another is you wanting anyone who has a different opinion to you waiting until a date you specify to voice it yet everything else you agree with is fair game.

For all your heavy mouth breathing about someone posting a thread about Rodriguez being linked to city, I bet you would have no issues if it was an innocuous article about Rodriguez signing a new contract which Batman started a discussion on.

As I said, all very odd.

I think you will find that neither of your examples are examples of hypocrisy. I thought perhaps that Delldays/Batman was your chum because I was in correspondence with him and not you. You then decided to jump in on his side. I am not sure what is odd about that but if you think it is, fair dos.

(Has he signed a new contract then?)

many people are assuming that he regains the same fantastic form he had prior to the injury....(I really hope he does)..

.....but if he genuinely doesn't want to play for SFC then I hope £25 million is the starting price - especially when we see the names of those clubs (allegedly) interested in him.

If one of those clubs really is Spurs, then we should charge them a premium on top of the fee for anyone else. Call it a Levy levy ... ;)