Pulis and Beattie

sadoldgit

Sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier but heard a story on Talksport this morning that made me chuckle. Apparently when Beatts was playing under Pulis the team took a battering in one match. Pulis was in the shower and overheard Beatts arranging a night out with the lads. He was so incensed that he leapt out of the shower stark b*ll*ck naked an proceded to lay the nut on Beattie!

This is why these things need to be kept behind closed doors! Wouldn't want to see a picture of that on Twitter!

Dear old TP has got previous for this sort of thing.

A mate who covered Bompey during his fledgling years at the Bournemouth Echo (before he went on to bigger things) used to tell me all sorts of stories about how he would pick fights with players, and on one occasion, slammed a door on a player's head.

You wouldn't want to mess with him. On the P****y Takeover Saga thread in The Lounge, there is talk of how tasty the loons are from Newport, and that's his neck of the woods.

Strangely, though, TP is a devout catholic who attends mass every week, and can be a charming and engaging bloke.

For some reason I was picturing Neil Warnock while I was reading this. Something about being Crystal Palace manager got them mixed up I guess. I was also thinking it would have been while they were both at Sheff U (did they overlap). A rather different image in the shower anyway. Also, I had a much gentler image of "laying a nut on him" which I couldn't figure out how / why that would be something someone might do when angry, but I now realise it is rather quaint colloquial English for headbutting.

I can imagine TP has quite the advantage in headbutting, being that he always has that baseball cap on. Here is a pic of Beatts right after the incident...

James_Beattie_9-9-2011.png

In this instance Pulis was a total ******. Not only did he cut his nose off to spite his face and stick James in the reserves after the incident but he point blank refused to sell him to any Premier club for more than a year afterwards in a *****y attempt to finish his career, which he all but succeeded in, eventually selling him to Rangers who threw him in the deep end without getting him match fit, this dented his confidence and by then he was the wrong side of 30 and glad to get a game at Accy. Maybe he shouldn't of been arranging the Christmas party straight after a loss but that really don't excuse a flying head butt from his manager.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier but heard a story on Talksport this morning that made me chuckle. Apparently when Beatts was playing under Pulis the team took a battering in one match. Pulis was in the shower and overheard Beatts arranging a night out with the lads. He was so incensed that he leapt out of the shower stark b*ll*ck naked an proceded to lay the nut on Beattie!

This is why these things need to be kept behind closed doors! Wouldn't want to see a picture of that on Twitter!

Soccer AM actually use the "Tony Pulis Scale" of managerial anger (with Pulis headbutting Beattie in the shower as a 10), with a full sized "Pulis in towel" mock up when talking to players about the angriest they've seen a manager - it's a VERY well known incident.

Soccer AM actually use the "Tony Pulis Scale" of managerial anger (with Pulis headbutting Beattie in the shower as a 10), with a full sized "Pulis in towel" mock up when talking to players about the angriest they've seen a manager - it's a VERY well known incident.

In any other place of work, headbutting a colleague is instant dismissal with the law probably involved. Amazing.

I saw Pulis play for Boscombe a few times and he was as hard as nails and a dirty little ****.

I must have seen him play for Newport a pile of times, cannot remember a single one of them.

Anyway, time for my OCD compulsory Tony Pulis posts:

1) He was in the same class at school as my auntie

2) I played for the same team as his brother Ray (who also played for Newport) in 1992/3

3) So did this bloke, who my other auntie knows through the Probation Service (she used to work for them, he didn't).

4) As you might have worked out from 3), he is not from a very nice area