Simon Peach interview with Ralph Krueger

SuperSAINT

Krueger says it's been a dream summer!?

I wish they'd keep him out of the media. I get that he's trying to be positive, but he's still fundamentally lost people's trust over the exodus debacle.

A dream summer for me would've been keeping our existing manager and team together, possibly selling Shaw, buying a keeper and an impact man from midfield and kicking onwards towards Europe.

Loss today and most doommongers will be firmly back in the nightmare summer camp.

I thought that he handled the interview perfectly well. I don't disagree with anything he said and it is really typical of this forum that there will be those who when they cannot find something to criticise in what was said, will then choose to criticise the way that it was said. He and other board members had called for calmness and trust in the way that they handled a situation that was thrust upon them, largely unavoidably, and they have proven that they were deserving of that trust. Despite the dire prophecies of doom and gloom, relegation, an asset-stripping fire sale, opinions that there was no way that we could start the season with a team as strong as that which finished the last one, Ralph voices the opinion that we are arguably in the position of indeed having a stronger team/squad and few would disagree.

I can understand that many who made these dire forecasts have egg all over their faces and therefore don't wish to have the good grace to credit the Chairman and the board for the good job that they have done in turning the situation right around. One would hope that if future events bring a similar situation, that these people will have the humility to accept that the board should be allowed time to address the situation before they go into rant mode. Krueger had the humility to admit that some mistakes had been made and that the board will learn from them. What a shame that some of our fans are probably so blinkered that they will not do the same.

Ralph is still embarrassing and I would prefer the club didn't wheel him out for interviews that don't really give any informative information.

Having said that, the club deserve credit for how they rebuilt the club this summer which restored some of the faith that was lost. However infuriating ralph's interviews are, he isn't really hurting anyone by doing them.

Krueger says it's been a dream summer!?

I wish they'd keep him out of the media. I get that he's trying to be positive, but he's still fundamentally lost people's trust over the exodus debacle.

A dream summer for me would've been keeping our existing manager and team together, possibly selling Shaw, buying a keeper and an impact man from midfield and kicking onwards towards Europe.

Loss today and most doommongers will be firmly back in the nightmare summer camp.

That's cos most of the doom mongers have no nerve or bottle to see anything through just knee jerk reaction time after time.

Highlights apart from salaries? Also raising salaries considering the first eleven is arguably weaker may not be the best outcome of the window (granted 40million banked).

Au contraire my friend, the starting XI is arguably much stronger now and did you not expect Morgan to be given a substantial pay rise to keep his head here? Remember to, the Club always had the options to keep contracted players here even against their wishes but the Club also said that it would keep the players that it wanted to keep so it can it not be be inferred that those who left were considered to be not irreplaceable?

Ralph is still embarrassing and I would prefer the club didn't wheel him out for interviews that don't really give any informative information.

Having said that, the club deserve credit for how they rebuilt the club this summer which restored some of the faith that was lost. However infuriating ralph's interviews are, he isn't really hurting anyone by doing them.

... and who is over-seeing all of this good work? Time you laid off Mr Kreuger, it's your comments that are becoming embarrassing.

... and who is over-seeing all of this good work? Time you laid off Mr Kreuger, it's your comments that are becoming embarrassing.

As usual Charlie, you didn't really comprehend what I said. Whether kruger oversees the work or not, it doesn't make his interview style any less cringeworthy. The two things are totally unrelated.

As usual Charlie, you didn't really comprehend what I said. Whether kruger oversees the work or not, it doesn't make his interview style any less cringeworthy. The two things are totally unrelated.

So our chariman's delivery of a statement is deemed to be cringeworthy by some. So what? You poor souls, how can you bear to listen to him? If that's all we've got to worry about, you ought to realise how pathetic it makes you look when one looks at the bigger picture of where the club is currently.

As for the "dream summer" quote, let's have it in context. He said that following the departure of the manager and several of the best players, if it turned out that the team subsequently ended up stronger, then that would be a dream summer, i.e., anybody who forecast that conclusion to events would have been considered a dreamer at the beginning of the summer.

So our chariman's delivery of a statement is deemed to be cringeworthy by some. So what? You poor souls, how can you bear to listen to him? If that's all we've got to worry about, you ought to realise how pathetic it makes you look when one looks at the bigger picture of where the club is currently.

As for the "dream summer" quote, let's have it in context. He said that following the departure of the manager and several of the best players, if it turned out that the team subsequently ended up stronger, then that would be a dream summer, i.e., anybody who forecast that conclusion to events would have been considered a dreamer at the beginning of the summer.

What bit of hypo saying "the two things are unrelated" did you not understand?

He's pretty weak on media interviews. I think that viewpoint is permissable on this forum without it buried under an avalanche of yet-again assessments of the summer. Hint: we know.

So the bedwetters are still wetting the bed then! It's laughable that people can judge that the team is 'arguably' weaker than last season given we are 3 games into the new season. This 'weaker' team nearly won at Anfield, and totally dominated at Wet Spam. Tadic looks to be as good as Lallana, Pelle showed good promise at WHU, Alderwiereld is yet to play and should be as good as my head is in Liverpool Lovren. Not to mention Mane who will give us good width. J-Rod is still to come back and add in Shane Long to the equation then I would argue that we could be stronger than last season. The media had a feeding frenzy on us as we lost 3 England internationals, and the greedy bastard, add in Chambers then we were in meltdown. Ummmmm, given that Lallana, Shaw and the greedy bastard basically said they were not going to play for the club again then what could they do? Lambert was I think not going to be first choice this season then £4m was good business. The club have invested well in good players and RK looks to be able to play a good brand of football and at least has a plan 'B'. Top 10 finish will do me nicely this season. COYRs.

This.

We need to give time, and have patience. It will take a bit for them to all be bedded into the squad and play the tactics, but i feel we are stronger than last year. And, as other said, Koeman has a plan B, and possibly a plan C, to keep other teams guessing, which is an improvement on last year also.

Highlights apart from salaries? Also raising salaries considering the first eleven is arguably weaker may not be the best outcome of the window (granted 40million banked).

My first game of the season, I appreciate it is early days for a judgement but I think you are likely to be wrong. My assessment at moment;

Forster - big improvement

Tadic - not sure, looks very good, but not sure if will better Lallana, possibly improvement

Pelle - improvement on Lambert. (Where I think Lambert would be this season) gives team a good focal point and always available

Bertrand - weaker than Shaw but decent

Toby - hard to judge but looked so comfortable, could better Lovren

Plus Cork and JWP look much proved.

Plus additional players, long, gardos, Mane - look decent quality.

No doubt better squad, quite decent shout better 11.

Schneiderlin: said today: “We have bought quality players and we can argue that the team is better than last year, that is a good debate”

Any happier now?

I'm not miserable guys, I don't think we have a bad team and I do think we have more depth in the squad. I just think that there's a case to be made that the first 11 is weaker overall and there is still a great deal of uncertainty over Morgan, J-rod and Cork. I think you all make very valid points as to the current squad and I am very happy with today's result.

Au contraire my friend, the starting XI is arguably much stronger now and did you not expect Morgan to be given a substantial pay rise to keep his head here? Remember to, the Club always had the options to keep contracted players here even against their wishes but the Club also said that it would keep the players that it wanted to keep so it can it not be be inferred that those who left were considered to be not irreplaceable?

Do we actually know that Morgan received a pay raise?

Well you should know Ralph.

I was going to respond by asking you if you really though that Ralph would spend the time and effort to write my blog and then I realized that I am surprised that I am spending the time and effort so that proves nothing. Nevertheless, your persistent belief that I am Ralph is moderately humorous if it is a joke and foolish if it is not.

Also, can anyone post a link to any source that says that Morgan received a raise this summer?