Simon Peach interview with Ralph Krueger

SuperSAINT

He's going to post it later... Should be interesting.

Simon Peach @SimonPeach

Been at the Southampton Boat Show today speaking to #SaintsFC chairman Ralph Krueger. As always, he had a lot of interesting stuff to say.

Simon Peach @SimonPeach

Will tweet Krueger's transfer window assessment later today (once I have worked through the enormous transcript)

"We will not sell Morgan Schneiderlin."

"We will not sell Jay Rodriguez."

"Katherina does not want to sell the club."

"We are going to re-invest the money made from transfers on new players."

"We will have a competitive team for this years league campaign. Judge us at the end of the window."

God, I can't stand all the drivel and lies this bloke pedals.

I judged him at the end of the window and I thought he delivered. I channel my disappointment at the players who demanded to leave.

I agree with that but still have reservations about Kruguer because back in May/June he seemed to be inaccurate in what he had to say. That could have been down to poor briefing but statements and actions did seem to differ. We don't know why he changed tack over Schneiderlin or whether he could have done that earlier over any of the other departures. Its true we do have a better looking squad than it appeared we would have at one stage and Kruguer has overseen the team that achieved that. Whether that was down to judgement by Kruguer or a panic-driven change of course, we don't really know so it will be interesting to hear how convincing his answers to Simon Peach come across.

I don't believe Kruguer 'oversaw' the window, he was in Canada all summer. Neither do I believe he changed direction to stop Morgan and Jay leaving. I think it was Koeman who put his foot down and said 'that's enough' and that the chairman then backed the manager. Good teamwork in a way--appoint a top manager and then back him. If that continues we should be very happy. As someone said--look at Hull or Fulham or Leeds, and be thankful

Arguably Matt, not a definitive fact which we will all know after the end of the season. :D

None of us have even seen Alderweireld or Mane play at all for Saints, let alone giving the other new players a good amount of game time before writing them off compared to those they replaced. The only player I'm confident won't be an upgrade... is Bertrand for Shaw, but even still he's been very solid so far.

I don't think this years team gets 8th or near the same points total as last year. Would love to be proved wrong of course.

The players & manager that left were ONLY good enough to get us to 8th.

I prefer to keep telling people that one. :smug:

After all, this year the chances of having to play KD or Gazza in a league game or losing VW with a broken leg and having no cover are much lower. Who knows what the newbies can do? That's the fun of football and why we keep watching

I don't think he's said anything that hasn't already been posted on here. The buys were generally well received, the squad on paper looks stronger now it's a question of how they perform over the season. As people have said, look at Hull, Leeds and many other clubs, MP could have new owners to deal with this season at Spurs. I think Saints fans should feel fairly content all things considered (well apart from the traffic tomorrow - finally get the summer holidays out of the way and now the flippin' boat show).

How funny saint Richmond's last post was the day before the transfer window closed. Shame he's not man enough to accept how wrong he is. Shows he was a proper troll. Maybe his other log ins are doing his talking for him.

A defeat or two and he'll be back.

So the bedwetters are still wetting the bed then! It's laughable that people can judge that the team is 'arguably' weaker than last season given we are 3 games into the new season. This 'weaker' team nearly won at Anfield, and totally dominated at Wet Spam. Tadic looks to be as good as Lallana, Pelle showed good promise at WHU, Alderwiereld is yet to play and should be as good as my head is in Liverpool Lovren. Not to mention Mane who will give us good width. J-Rod is still to come back and add in Shane Long to the equation then I would argue that we could be stronger than last season. The media had a feeding frenzy on us as we lost 3 England internationals, and the greedy bastard, add in Chambers then we were in meltdown. Ummmmm, given that Lallana, Shaw and the greedy bastard basically said they were not going to play for the club again then what could they do? Lambert was I think not going to be first choice this season then £4m was good business. The club have invested well in good players and RK looks to be able to play a good brand of football and at least has a plan 'B'. Top 10 finish will do me nicely this season. COYRs.

Fair play, that Solent interview was a dreadful ramble from Krueger.

For a supposed motivational speaker he struggles to be coherent.

I agree fully. He may have been caught on the hop at the boat show by the journalist but she was clear with her questions and RK's responses sounded unstructured. They were simple questions. He should be prepared to respond to a set of expected questions and answer concisely. Simple Q&As brief considered and learned by rote is easy to do. All successful companies do that with their senior staff.

Edited by TopGun

I have transcribed the boat show interview on my blog. http://redsloscf.blogspot.com/

I agree that Mr. Krueger's responses may not have been perfect, but they were coherent. Just not that informative. The questions maybe have been clear, but they were also not really designed to elicit and particularly new or noteworthy information. On an American grading scale I would give them both a C+.

strange now that anyone questions anything about club policy or decisions is a bed wetter' date=' very unhealthy state of affairs[/quote']

Agree. Whilst I was firmly on the clappy side over the summer and am happy to point and laugh, blind faith is not the way forward.

I agree fully. He may have been caught on the hop at the boat show by the journalist but she was clear with her questions and RK's responses sounded unstructured. They were simple questions. He should be prepared to respond to a set of expected questions and answer concisely. Simple Q&As brief considered and learned by rote is easy to do. All successful companies do that with their senior staff.

Absolutely what I was getting at. Funnily enough I had a media training session yesterday as I am representing my company at an event with Journos in attendance next week. Basic messaging structure/control of conversation etc.

Look, if that is all our chairman is getting wrong then we don't have much to worry about. It is, however, the thing I thought he would actually be good at.

Absolutely what I was getting at. Funnily enough I had a media training session yesterday as I am representing my company at an event with Journos in attendance next week. Basic messaging structure/control of conversation etc.

Look, if that is all our chairman is getting wrong then we don't have much to worry about. It is, however, the thing I thought he would actually be good at.

Maybe he'd been in the beer tent?