Saints v Newcastle - Match Thread

Batman

Anyone else surprised Newcastle have been allowed to play in their home strip? It's a bit tricky telling the two sides apart at times, and I think Shane Long had trouble with it about ten minutes ago when he passed to a Newcastle player. Both teams have white stripes and black shorts.

Anyway, looking fairly good so far. I missed the first 8 mins because of some stupid delay with the TV here, so didn't see the first Pelle goal. Would love to see him grab his hat-trick though. Just need to make sure we don't fall asleep at the back. Couple of good saves from Forster kept us in it. The first one especially. Newcastle should really have scored that one.

Anyone else surprised Newcastle have been allowed to play in their home strip? It's a bit tricky telling the two sides apart at times, and I think Shane Long had trouble with it about ten minutes ago when he passed to a Newcastle player. Both teams have white stripes and black shorts.

Anyway, looking fairly good so far. I missed the first 8 mins because of some stupid delay with the TV here, so didn't see the first Pelle goal. Would love to see him grab his hat-trick though. Just need to make sure we don't fall asleep at the back. Couple of good saves from Forster kept us in it. The first one especially. Newcastle should really have scored that one.

Perhaps they have the Wonga shirts on!

Thought it was just my iffy stream - completely agree! I thought there was a requirement to play in the away strip a minumum number of times as well?

We started very aggressively and quickly, I think taking our foot off the pedal is ok at this point because we don't want to tire by the 70-80 minute mark - Newcastle have strong quick players on the bench they could bring on to make an impact on tired legs. I fully expect us to control the second half and maybe try to snatch another one before the hour before bringing on Wanyama and playing slightly more compact while keeping the ball from Newcastle.

Thought it was just my iffy stream - completely agree! I thought there was a requirement to play in the away strip a minumum number of times as well?

Wonder if they'll do a Man Utd, blame the kit and come out in a different kit in the second half.