Sadio Mane

kazza

Does not look good......Profile removed from OS. Thought this was a wind up but may not be.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/player-profile/

Was his profile ever there? Given there is still not a picture of the new boy Schneiderlin, not sure I would be too concerned if the OS has not yet caught up with the fact that one of our players is missing.

Was his profile ever there? Given there is still not a picture of the new boy Schneiderlin, not sure I would be too concerned if the OS has not yet caught up with the fact that one of our players is missing.

Alderwiereld is there though, and they signed on the same day... Maybe it's just the conspiracy lover in me, looking for a conspiracy when there isn't one..

Wife is a student immigration adviser and she says Senegalese nationals (amongst many other nationals) have to undergo a TB test which can take 10+ days before the results are approved. Introduced by Theresa May apparently. No test, no visa. Apparently waiting times are worse in Sept due to the huge influxes of overseas students at these times. Don't know if being a highly paid footballer on a tier 2 sports person visa at a super wealthy football club can mean the process could be sped up at all.

This is, of course, complete guesswork on Sadio's situation but is a feasible reason for delay according to the missus. Bloody students.

Not sure how the UKBA would feel about the club listing him as a player before they had granted his application.

Given he will fit the criteria for a WP and Koeman was hopeful of him playing Saturday I'd be surprised if there was a hitch on this deal.

Sensible

I like how this thread changed from "what happened to Sadio?" to "Sadio has left!" It i9s a bit weird they removed the profile but we heard about whatsisface leaving waaaaayyy in advance of the announcement so relax for now guys. We have a guy who started a wind up account for Taider and Bearsey saying he's leaving for now.

I've heard we're still waiting on the work permit. Though I heard that on Friday and Saturday, so who knows what might have happened by now?

As said above, he's not listed on the squad list because technically he can't play for us yet. He IS, however, listed on the Premier League squad list, so once the legalities of the work permit are sorted he's good to go.

Probably doesn't help that there's a high-profile amendment to the work permit regulations being proposed which will reduce work permit approvals by a significant amount and its all over the sports media today.

The one thing it does confirm, however, is that despite my wishful thinking (and him having played in the EU for Metz and Salzburg for the past 4 years or so), he doesn't have an EU passport from any kind of Senegalese French colonial parentage legislation.