Ralph Krueger confirms permanent Markus Liebherr tribute to be revealed soon

Saint-Armstrong

Ralph Krueger, speaking to Simon Peach at the Southampton Boat Show last week:

"I can't tell you what it is, but something's in the works. It's clear for all that there was a turning point in the club in 2009. We need to keep that in mind & we will"

Peach says that Ralph told him there will be an announcement on what the tribute will be, soon.

Good news. Really have to say well done to the board in terms of representing fans wishes eg. return to stripes, better communication and now a ML tribute which has been mentioned on here before.

Very happy with things at Saints at the moment which would not have expected June time.

Most grounds have at least one stand named after a key person in the club history, we haven't. I know we have a Channon suite and one for Terry Paine but would a Markus Liebherr stand be in order?

arguably but I do like how all our stands our named after the areas they face.

Hope we don't rename the stands, they work well now.

I'd like a nice sculpture/fountain/memorial. Doesn't have to be a statue of him especially if the family don't want it, and he seemed pretty much without ego.

It works well? Lol!

I think the naming of a stand is an appropriate tribute. It gives the stadium a bit more character too.

Well, it doesn't look like they're looking for suggestions as it sounds as if a tribute has already been decided on and whatever the family and board deem appropriate is fine with me. I hope everyone just accepts whatever it is and the few don't kick up too much of a fuss if it's not up to their standards but...

'If' they were to rename a stand then that's OK with me, preferably the Chapel (of rest) as it may just wake up some of the 'spectators' who sit there...I'm sure some think they're walking into church not a football stadium.

The most memorable pic of ML was at Wembley with his digital camera and his fabulous smile RIP

I loved that too. I remember commenting that he was like any other Fan, laughing and cheering the team on.

I said at the time that a Statue would be fitting but got shot down.

Time for one opposite Ted I think, (with camera?)

I think a stand or statue would be good. All should be named in my opinion.

Chapel: The Matthew Le Tissier Stand

Itchen: The Markus Liebherr Stand

Northam: The Mick Channon Stand/The Terry Paine Stand

Kingsland: The Ted Bates Stand

??

I'd put John Corbett in there.

I'm against renaming the stands. For me Southampton FC is about more than a club, it's about my City. The stands being named after areas of our City importantly reflects that. May not be significant to those that don't live here but to me it is.

Renaming the Academy a far more fitting tribute to a man that allowed us to have a future to build towards.