Artur Boruc joins Bournemouth on loan

Saint-Armstrong

We had better hope Forster stays fit then. :uhoh:

We all remember the Davis and Gazza show from last season. Neither are good enough to start PL matches, and have proven so on a multitude of occassions.

Great signing for Bournemouth though. If there was a recall clause and we actually intended to play Boruc if Forster was injured then that wouldnt be too bad.

Because Fraser Forster is our first choice, Boruc won't play for us as much as he wants and if Forster gets injured we would recall Boruc from his loan. Boruc would get the game time he wants and he wouldn't need to move house and uproot his family.

But we can't recall Boruc from a season long loan outside the transfer window. Presumably the term "end of the year" means a 3 month loan then with recall clause. But we're only allowed to send players out on single month "emergency" loans outside the Transfer Window aren't we? So either it's not til the end of the year, or he can't be recalled until Jan, or I've forgotten the bit about emergency multi-month loans.

Which is it?

I'd rather have Boruc on the bench, to be used in the game, not a phone call away to be used in the next game!

And Bournemouth would never agree to an immediate recall anyway.I hope this is an April Fool joke?

They might do on the basis that the rest of the deal is so good for them?

Theres got to be some serious underlying reason for what now amounts to two serious attempts to get Boruc out and away from the team because no-one doubts his PL standard ability .

I think Boruc wanting to be first choice and clearly not being is probably sufficient reason. He's also out of contract in July so it makes sense for him to be in the shop window for potential suitors.

Ok, answer my own question:

How long can these loans be for?

They can range from 28 days to 93 days. The upper end of the scale is over three months, ... The two clubs may also decide to introduce a break clause, in accordance with section 53.3.8 of the Football League regulations, which means the player can be recalled any time after the 28 day mark.

In extenuating circumstances, the League can agree to extend the loan beyond 93 days but, normally, you can’t keep the same player for more than this period of time (i.e. a club can’t keep signing him on loan over and over again).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274879/Football-League-loan-window-explained.html#ixzz3DlPBtNXg

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But we can't recall Boruc from a season long loan outside the transfer window. Presumably the term "end of the year" means a 3 month loan then with recall clause. But we're only allowed to send players out on single month "emergency" loans outside the Transfer Window aren't we? So either it's not til the end of the year, or he can't be recalled until Jan, or I've forgotten the bit about emergency multi-month loans.

Which is it?

We can loan him out for 3 months.

I thought that if it was a season long loan it wasn't possible to recall - I thought it was just the short term loans where you can recall ? Might be wrong though.

Season longs can be recalled in Transfer Windows (i.e. in January or in the case of Taider, before the TW he was originally loaned in closes). The short term regs are above - as 93 days is the longest period we could insert a recall clause which could be activated after 28 days.

To answer myself above - "I've forgotten the bit about multi-month loans".

I thought that if it was a season long loan it wasn't possible to recall - I thought it was just the short term loans where you can recall ? Might be wrong though.

The Boruc loan (if it happens) will be a short term loan of 3 months. After the transfer deadline in September you can't do loans which finish at the end of the season until the next window opens in January, you can only do short term loans in the meantime.

Strikes me that Boruc has had a bit of a dodgy attitude since Forster was signed. He hasn't even been on the bench yet so he wasn't going to get a game even if he stayed. Best get someone else to cover his wages until we can get rid and replace him with someone who wants to be here. IMHO

Foreign clubs only at that point, but yes he can.

He isn't going to sign a new contract at Saints, we all know that surely.

Where did this "foreign clubs only" bit come in, it never used to be part of the Bosman regulations and originally players could negotiate with anyone? It's been around for a while, I'm just wondering what prompted it.

If there is no recall then we should have sold him in the summer.

Exactly. So why did they price him out market? So he wouldn't end up at another epl club? He isn't going to cost them points playing against them at a championship club. They knew he wanted to play and wouldn't at saints

Where did this "foreign clubs only" bit come in, it never used to be part of the Bosman regulations and originally players could negotiate with anyone? It's been around for a while, I'm just wondering what prompted it.

I think this has been the case for some years, possibly as far back as Michael Owen negotiating a Bosman transfer to Real Madrid from Liverpool some time before the end of that particular season (which I guess would have been 2003/04, the season before they won the Champions League).

Exactly. So why did they price him out market? So he wouldn't end up at another epl club? He isn't going to cost them points playing against them at a championship club. They knew he wanted to play and wouldn't at saints

I'm glad he didn't go to another premiership club. I would have shipped him off abroad.