• Cork
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Davis, S
    • Wanyama

Good win against a top notch side away from home. Well done Big Vic but he should have been on from the start even if to just bully Bony. I thought Bertramd was a contender for MoTM but mightily impressed with Gardos, he looks the full monty. Pelle is no Lambert but he does occupy the defenders.

3 points, 4 wins in a row and 2nd in the table .... happy days

Excellent win against a really determined, quality side. Not too many teams will walk away from the Liberty with 3 points. Bony's sending off was as dumb as you'll see and it really changed the game. Pelle had a bit of an off day but the big man Wanyama stepped in nicely. Tadic looks great coming inside as a central playmaker as well.

Great stuff.

The bad stuff first:

Swansea were hammering us before the red card

Sloppy final 3rd play especially crosses

Midfield a bit porous with no Davis or Wanyama

Now the good:

Took full advantage of the extra man and dominated the second half

Another midfield scorer

Another clean sheet

2nd \o/

I've got no beef with Swansea, they're pound-for-pound the best run club in the league, but their reaction to going a man down was pretty poor i thought. I know it's hard but usually teams at least try and make a game of it, they just seemed to give up!

I'll take it tho, I'll take it all day Long!

That bloody Liverpool game came a week or so too soon.

As it was, we were unlucky, but if we played them now....

Koeman must really know his players. There would have been a few raised eyebrows at his decision to start Yoshida and JWP, but he's got it right again.

I really think we have got a serious upgrade in our manager.

We did it.

Very very tough to win away, even if only 10 men (some may say that makes it even harder), just kept the pressure up, just immense, it seemed like it was only ever going to be us winning or them escaping with a draw, would have taken a draw before the match, but again super impressed in the team, we are legit better than last year, only thing is it's disappointing that we didn't win by more (really pelle should have got at least 1 more) but maybe I'm just being greedy. It's 2am in australia, I'm glad I stayed up that's for sure.

Result !

Did exactly what was needed to be done and, for almost all of the 2nd half, took full advantage of Bony's sending off.

Tadic, in particular, was superb, as was Big Vic when he came on - 30 yard passes with the outside of his boot (WTF !).

Delighted doesn't come close.. :D

Strange game for pellè, was a nuissance and held the ball up well but his touch and passing were poor today. Still gave us a good focal point though

A few *key* touches and passes were poor but otherwise I thought he was pretty good. Can see he gets frustrated easily, but still a good player and still early days. Nuisance is definitely the right word. Crucially, he kept his cool whilst Bony lost his, and that was the difference.

A word for Gardos too btw... liked the way he brought the ball out of defence, never looked troubled at the back. I realise he didn't have Bony or similar to contend with, but I felt more confidence in him than Yoshi and think he deserves a start vs Arsenal.

That bloody Liverpool game came a week or so too soon.

As it was, we were unlucky, but if we played them now....

Koeman must really know his players. There would have been a few raised eyebrows at his decision to start Yoshida and JWP, but he's got it right again.

I really think we have got a serious upgrade in our manager.

Again, agree with this! He's the next level, most definitely!

Dont seem to be missing the defectors

Defence seems very strong in fact has conceeded less goals than anyone else except for Man U who have conceeded 3 the same as us.

Midfield keep scoring so looking forward to Arsenal game.

Overall I think Koeman is an improvement on Poch

At least we're higher than Liverpool will ever be this season. Great result, and finally our central midfielders are getting goals. Early days, but I'm very impressed with Koeman, looks like he might be able to get more out of the players than Pochettino. Bring on the Arsenal game, if RoKo takes it seriously we have every chance of winning

F*cking brilliant stuff, I was fully expecting a solid beating there. I only saw the 2nd half, been at work all morning, couldn't believe we were even 0-0 at half time, then heard they were down to ten men and thought that's it, we always lose against a side with their backs to the wall.... how wrong could I be. Really excellent win.

A fantastic result. How refreshing is it to see a manager who's not affraid to change things? Once again his subsitutions were superb. Yoshida was getting a roasting in the first half and would've probably been given his marching orders had he stayed on the field. Ok, it's common sense but numerous managers wouldn't have made that change. Big Vic really changed things when he came on and it's great to see him getting his first Saints goal. In fact, it's great to see so many members of the team chipping in with goals.

There would have been a few raised eyebrows at his decision to start Yoshida and JWP, but he's got it right again.

I'm not so convinced... Yoshida looked far from assured, got booked, was being given a very hard time by Bony and could barely contain him or their other forwards. JWP did little of note, a bit of a passenger for most of the game. We got lucky with the red card as they were giving our defence a hard time. We also got lucky that some poor finishing and missed chances didn't cost us anything.

That said, you can only play the team in front of you and we did that very well. We got through the first half and then made the most of the 1-man advantage in the second, which isn't as easy as it sounds sometimes. We did exactly what we had to do, kept a clean sheet, got the win and all is good.

The sign of a good team is dragging out results in scrappy, difficult games and we did that.

Enjoyed the 2nd half, had to be patient and excellent possession of the ball (except for the 2 shots in injury time...didn't need to give them the ball back but meh).

I don't mind that so much.

I remember a few seasons ago (v Everton? Redknapp in charge?) when a shot was taken, straight at the keeper, they attacked with us too far forward, scored, lost vital points, relegated (I think).

No doubt someone on here will remember better than me.

Comments I remember at the time included: "He should have hoofed it into the stand".