Arsenal vs Saints Thread

SNSUN

Ok, I don't usually start these but I'm rather excited for this game. We're bang in form, and saw from the Millwall game that Koeman seems to be taking the cups seriously by playing a strong team. Arsenal will probably play some fringe players for this, I can't see why we can't win at The Emirates.

Play a strong side, and I think we could nick it 1-0. Mané to feature from the bench.

We should play the team that finished the match today - so Gardos, Wanyama, and Davis in for Yoshi, JWP, and Cork. Bearing in mind Arsenal almost always play their kids in the early stages of the League Cup, we should have enough to beat them. Would be good to see Mane get a run out, excited about watching him.

I think we will win this. They are bound to make 11 changes

Reckon they will pick a strong side as don't have a massive amount of choice, especially in defence.

Would imagine something like:

Ospina, Chambers, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs; Flamini, Wilshere; Gnabry, Chamberlain, Podolski; Sanogo

Still well capable of causing us problems.

Hope Mane plays for us and Gardos to start.

Now Boruc is gone will be interesting to see if Davis plays. I hope not, but because he doesnt play U21s he surely needs some gametime otherwise will be woefully undercooked when he does need to play.

Reckon they will pick a strong side as don't have a massive amount of choice, especially in defence.

Would imagine something like:

Ospina, Chambers, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs; Flamini, Wilshere; Gnabry, Chamberlain, Podolski; Sanogo

Still well capable of causing us problems.

Hope Mane plays for us and Gardos to start.

Now Boruc is gone will be interesting to see if Davis plays. I hope not, but because he doesnt play U21s he surely needs some gametime otherwise will be woefully undercooked when he does need to play.

Arsenal played West Brom away at the same stage of the competition last season, and Wenger fielded four debutants and two first-time starters. Doubt he will name a particularly strong team as that would buck the trend of the last 6-7 seasons or so, especially given the fact that they actually won a cup last season.

Arsenal played West Brom away at the same stage of the competition last season, and Wenger fielded four debutants and two first-time starters. Doubt he will name a particularly strong team as that would buck the trend of the last 6-7 seasons or so, especially given the fact that they actually won a cup last season.

Just don't see who else they really have. Midfield is strong depth wise and they have a fair few class players who didnt start today like Sanchez, Wilshere, Podolski etc so no reason they won't start.

Not sure if they have any young defensive prospects apart from Bellerin but will think that we will go quite strong so I expect similar from them.

Certainly they will be strong enough to still be favourites IMO.

So excited for this - my first trip to the Emirates. Hope we go for it!

Also hope the home fans turn out in force - hoping for a good atmosphere

We have a small squad of players and cannot afford injuries in the cups that have very little value. No, our first objective must be to secure our Premier status by reaching around 44 points. I think we should give the reserve players a run out. I doubt we would have finished 8th, if we had not very wisely allowed our early exit in the cups last season.

We have a small squad of players and cannot afford injuries in the cups that have very little value. No, our first objective must be to secure our Premier status by reaching around 44 points. I think we should give the reserve players a run out. I doubt we would have finished 8th, if we had not very wisely allowed our early exit in the cups last season.

Nice trolling but it won't work.

Problem is, Dalek has a very small squad of trolling. The proper trolls have more variety and can rotate their posts, bring in a debutant at the right time, try new tactics yet still rely on the experienced ones. Dalek has to persist with the same one man team every season.

If only he had a bigger squad of trolls.

Even a naive old duffer like me is beginning to spot them. :)

1397683918348.jpg

I wonder if the Villa players passed anything on today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29297182

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert

"To play Arsenal you need everyone fit and we never had that but all credit to them for the second half - the lads were running on empty[/b]

I wouldn't like to be the Villa Changing Room Toilet Cleaner after the Half Time Splats. :spaz:

Arsenal still heavy favourites with bookies. With this as Wenger's lowest priority and lost their first CL game quite hoping he will almost sacrifice it. Although so short of defensive cover doesn't have too many options unless youth

players.

Its all very well saying play a strong team but if we really are going to make serious challenge on the top 7 then we need the same mentality.

Players get injured and banned so we need players to come in who have had some game time. This would be my team just a few subtle changes, defo rest Morgan, Wenger doesn't get to see him or talk to him :)

Forster

Clyne

Gardos

Fonte

Target (He was solid at Millwall no problem playing him)

Cork (Needs game time)

Wanyama (Deserves start)

Davis (Guaranteed start)

Maine (He's fit and rearing to go and needs playing time)

Pelle (Needs Goals)

Long (Desperately needs goals)

In the background we have Reed and Isgrove but in fairness not much else... oh yes Mayuka.

Glad I've got a ticket as this will be a spicy game

I'm really looking forward to this one! It'll be my first Tuesday night away game since Brentford 1 - 1 Saints in League One. Interestingly Szczesny was in goal for Brentford that night during a loan spell.

We should keep the momentum going by playing a strong team and I think we could edge it by a goal. It'll be exciting to see Mané feature and with 5k+ Saints fans it'll be like Leyton Orient/Crystal Palace away from the League 1/Championship days!

Problem is, Dalek has a very small squad of trolling. The proper trolls have more variety and can rotate their posts, bring in a debutant at the right time, try new tactics yet still rely on the experienced ones. Dalek has to persist with the same one man team every season.

Selling his star players "16th (or was it 17th) place" to Liverpool and losing "Glenda Hoddle for manager" to his spiritual home at WHL, his squad looks very thin indeed. :lol:

Arsenal still heavy favourites with bookies. With this as Wenger's lowest priority and lost their first CL game quite hoping he will almost sacrifice it. Although so short of defensive cover doesn't have too many options unless youth

players.

They play spurs 4 days after us and CL a few days after that, they'll no doubt stick a number of youngsters in but they'll be hungry and certainly no mugs...and also a bit of an unknown quantity.

Expecting a good encounter. Roll on Tuesday.

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3111145/Which-Arsenal-Young-Guns-will-we-see-against-Southampton.html

Bein Sports are showing the game live, so a few of the more fool hardy @dubaisaints or those lucky enough not to be working the next morning (me!!), will be down The Barasti Bar till 1am watching the game!!

Hope Bein sports have taken into account the possibilty of extra time and penalties - knowing them the answer will be a resounding NO:uhoh:

That's actually very funny, if only for the sheer illiteracy of the "administrator" who cobbled it together. :)

The Capital One Cup is vastly approaching and for us gooners we know it represent a chance to see what the future holds for our club. Youngsters are often bread in this competition and we look forward to seeing some our young guns take center stage.

Now, I can forgive two of those if he's black and american, but if not then he shouldn't really be let loose in front of a keyboard. ;)

By the looks of some of the Arsenal forums I've been reading, they aren't taking this very serious at all and expect to play a completely different 11 than yesterday vs Villa (although strangely think they can still walk over us). A win on Tuesday wouldn't just take us through to the next round, it'd give the players even more confidence and momentum.

I'm not too fussed about the league cup...

Happy to give some of the youngsters like Targett and Reed a run out... would also be good to give game time for Gardos and Mane...

I value the FA cup much higher and would like us to play a strong team in that competition...

I would actually be happy to scrap the League cup.. its Mickey Mouse... by losing the League cup it would also give much more importance to the FA cup.

I'm not too fussed about the league cup...

Happy to give some of the youngsters like Targett and Reed a run out... would also be good to give game time for Gardos and Mane...

I value the FA cup much higher and would like us to play a strong team in that competition...

I would actually be happy to scrap the League cup.. its Mickey Mouse... by losing the League cup it would also give much more importance to the FA cup.

Agree with you.

By the looks of some of the Arsenal forums I've been reading, they aren't taking this very serious at all and expect to play a completely different 11 than yesterday vs Villa (although strangely think they can still walk over us). A win on Tuesday wouldn't just take us through to the next round, it'd give the players even more confidence and momentum.

I've had a read as well and there are still some very strong names being mentioned in Arsenal's potential line up. We need to be at our best to win this so let's play our strongest team and give it a go.

A cup run would be a great buzz and the match going fans I talk to are really looking forward to this, 5200 fans going plus more in the home end from the sound of it. Tickets still on general sale for anyone else who wants to go but only available behind goals in upper tiers.

We haven't won away at Arsenal since 1987, about time we put that right must be due a win there!