Tyler Blackett

SNSUN

According to the Telegraph, Hodgson is set to call up Blackett to the senior England squad because he's short of left footed centre halves. He's 5 games into his Premier League career, been sent off already and looked out of his depth against Leicester.

I wonder why...?

He looked pretty good to me, nothing wrong with calling up young players in positions we are short in.

Get him into the set up early so he has time to gel. It slways surprises me that so many people are ignorant to the fact you have to build a team over time in internationals. Picking just 'in form' players doesnt work and no national team does it anywhere.

You need to pick players used to playing with your regular internationals and try to make that team gel over time

He looked pretty good to me, nothing wrong with calling up young players in positions we are short in.

Get him into the set up early so he has time to gel. It slways surprises me that so many people are ignorant to the fact you have to build a team over time in internationals. Picking just 'in form' players doesnt work and no national team does it anywhere.

You need to pick players used to playing with your regular internationals and try to make that team gel over time

why does he deserve to be called up ahead of say, curtis davis?

woy would only play him RB for some reason. like he does with all he other young CBs

why does he deserve to be called up ahead of say, curtis davis?

woy would only play him RB for some reason. like he does with all he other young CBs

Like I said because Davies doesnt know or has played with any other player in the team, its willfull ignorance and naivety thinking that you can just marry up 11 outsiders just because they are 'in form' its rediculous and doomed for failure.

You moan about 'gelling' a team over summer yet believe you can chuck 11 random internationals together and hope for the best ? Make your mind up. There is a reason why more or less every national team and our past x amount of managers call up groups of players with a few one offs, its because of familiarity

Well, if we call players up for familiarity reasons then why do they always play like strangers

Because we are crap.

There are a multitude of reasons why we arent very good, in the main its attempting to press gang as many recognised players as possible into a system that suits rather then taking a more mourinho approach and picking the system you want and employing players that suit it.

In short, the fa need to;

reduce the cost of coaching courses to increase take up and pool of coaching talent

Ensure that there is a large take up of players playing in the under age tournaments and bring a team through using the same tactics

Somehow attempt to tackle the increase in foreign players that are reducing the game time of english talented youngsters