Ryder Cup 2014

Hatch

Why the divide of Europe versus USA? What the history or relevance behind that?

I absolutely hate golf and this dull spectacle of an event, but I asked the same question. Surely it's a win-win for the USA as if they win, they beat a "number of countries combined", but if they lose, no big deal as it took the whole of Europe to beat them.

I don't get it.

I absolutely hate golf and this dull spectacle of an event, but I asked the same question. Surely it's a win-win for the USA as if they win, they beat a "number of countries combined", but if they lose, no big deal as it took the whole of Europe to beat them.

I don't get it.

I'm not into Golf at all, but trying to watch a bit of this and just couldn't figure out how and why this would be a big rivalry. Do Canada not have any decent golfers to at least make it one continent versus the other?

I'm not into Golf at all, but trying to watch a bit of this and just couldn't figure out how and why this would be a big rivalry. Do Canada not have any decent golfers to at least make it one continent versus the other?

I think a lot of the rivalry stems from the tank crowd over the years. Just from my novice eye, try act like they own golf and are very tedious.

Can't get excited by Golf at all.

They tell the crowd to be silent and then place a friggin TV helicopter overhead the player about to play his shot!!

I want to kick the TV in each time I hear some twonk shout out "In The Hole"

Dubai Phil is creaming himself though!!

BydXA0ACIAAVKn8.jpg

Gok Wan is looking a bit rough these days

I don't get it.

I guess that if you don't like golf anyway then there is almost no chance that you'll 'get it' !

For people like me though it is the 'greatest show on Earth', I just love it and find it utterly enthralling !

No surprise that there are differing opinions but I cannot wait for the next one in two years time at Hazeltine in Minnesota !

Bring it on.....